PDA

View Full Version : Arms and legs

PinkVanessa07
07-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Do any of you ladies have problems dressing with the type of arms you have? When I wear a short sleeve dress or shirt my arms just seem to be huge.

Also, is there a way I can get thinner legs, not necessarily by losing weight?

Kaitlyn Michele
07-28-2006, 11:04 PM
pink

pantyhose does make a difference....depending on what you are trying to do...u can wear 2 or even 3 pair...i still dont shave the legs but 3 pair of hose covers up hair unless you are reallly looking for it and it really makes the legs look much sleeker

PinkVanessa07
07-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Never thought of wearing layers of pantyhose. Good tip!

drew44
07-28-2006, 11:14 PM
Having served in the 2nd battalion the parachute regiment for six years in my twenties, I would say yeah hun. I feel like one of those female russian athletes of the eighties. Rather steroidal

drew44
07-28-2006, 11:17 PM
If you buy a racing bike and a bit of gear like the jersey. You can get the veet for men out ( top stuff you know, as you can use it round the winkle ) and was it all off without anyone batting an eyelid

PinkVanessa07
07-28-2006, 11:25 PM
I know what you mean drew44.
By the way, thanks for serving!

Julogden
07-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Also, darker hose are slimming, light colored hose make thin legs look more full.

:hugs: Carol

gwenrob43
07-29-2006, 12:17 AM
There's opaque pantyhose or tights, you can also get support hose. That would be comparable to a girdle on your legs. I too am very tanned (commonly called farmer's tan ) and cannot wear sleeveless dresses or tops. To boot, I'm hairy. I have to trim/shave arms, legs, shoulders. Another trick to conceal hair is to bleach the areas, works pretty well and is painless. LOL

:hugs:

Gwen

Phyliss
07-29-2006, 03:29 AM
Support stockings are pretty good at hiding hair. It mostly depends on how much hair has to be hidden. I believe the name of the site is: www.brightlifedirect.com where you can find all sorts of support hose. The best bargin would be the Allegro brand. Of course if you have legs like a Yeti then maybe you want the "industrial strength" style.
As for my arms, I usually wear a long sleeve blouse. To take care of the "farmers tan" try some foundation to blend in and not have such a definite line.

Sophie Haworth
07-29-2006, 04:28 AM
Hi.

I have exactly the same problem with my arms and legs, the arms I can just about get away with a 3/4 length sleeve blouse, as for my legs, thats a real pain. The look great from front on, but not so good when seeing them from behind walking, its the calf muscle that becomes too prominent. I wear trousers or jeans if I go out, but I am going to experiment with a longer skirt length, just around/below the knee, and a little bit floaty.

As for dieting to get them thinner, I am a 28" waist and 31" leg, I think a bit more weight on them may even the lumps!:happy:

Sophie.

Carroll
07-29-2006, 05:19 AM
I love to ride my bike and I am a drummer for a rock band so, I also have muscular legs and arms. Not super manly muscles thank God!

Lilith Moon
07-29-2006, 07:00 AM
My arms are enormous long things terminating in huge hands. Same with my legs and feet. This means that short or three quarter sleeves emphasise the length of my arms. You can occasionally find nice blouses with long sleeves ending in lace cuffs that are meant to sort of drape over the hands. They work great for me, with the cuffs reaching just past my wrists.

Here's one of mine.

Marcia-B
07-29-2006, 04:33 PM
You can buy a book in the UK called "What not to Wear" by Trinny and Susanah ,they are on tv telling people what suits them.Not everyone likes them but there are a lot of tips in the rule book about choosing clothes to suit your figure.It seems the answer is to cover them.I find wearing a wrap over my dress helps.

drew44
07-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I met Trinny when she was young. She used to go to the WAG club in West London. A real party animal back then. But they do talk sense. And I have this suspicion that they really care about female fashion. They aint selling out too much