PDA

View Full Version : do most of us have ears pierced?

NighttimeGirl
07-29-2006, 03:52 AM
This is something I would love to have done, I had my left ear pierced (like all lads did in the 80's) that was cool but my dad didnt think so, one piercing,

I really want to wear some gorgeous hoops when i go out finally, trouble is it is so noticable both ears pearced, I start my new job properly as well this week so I have a whole new world to meet, so I have to be careful as always I will be in a very male environment as a sky field engineer, I can pull the manly thing off no worries I been acting since I saw the nurses apron on my way out,

has anyone got any advice, I know I will get stick off the lads at work and such, well i think so, kieran has a Liam gallagher swagger as well so to have my ears pierced would look weird to others?, I was wondering about going down the clip on route but I dont know if they would look any good, and I am unable to take real ones out for work as they will heel up?

has anyone got any advcie on this and the best way forward ?

thx :hugs:

:love:

noname
07-29-2006, 04:01 AM
I haven't worn an earring in years. I wanted it pierced in highschool and since my parents would sign for it, I had my friends do it.

Carroll
07-29-2006, 05:30 AM
The day I got my official discharge papers from the USAF (Aug, 2000) I got one ear done. I now have 2 in each ear

Carroll

nishababe
07-29-2006, 05:31 AM
lots of guys have both ears pierced , most footballers eg david beckham wear big diamond earings .

Just wear plain male type ones as a man and feminine ones when you are a girl ,no problem !!

Love Nishababe xx:love:

Lady Jayne
07-29-2006, 05:51 AM
I have had both ears done for years, when in male mode I wear a small gold hoop in my left ear and a tiny diamond stud in the right. I have never had any bad comments so I say just do it.

Francine
07-29-2006, 06:04 AM
No.
Not yet ;)

Francine

Trish
07-29-2006, 06:12 AM
My wife pierced my ears the first time in 1969, and added the second set of holes in 1991. I enjoy wearing earrings, get them done. When my wife did them, I would remove the studs in the mornings for work,and put them back in at night. No one evry noticed.

RachelDenise
07-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Mine aren't pierced but I would love to have it done. Wife and work are the 2 best reasons no to do it for me.

Karren H
07-29-2006, 06:26 AM
Nope, have 60 pair of clipon or screw post earrings...

Love Karren

Carlacd
07-29-2006, 06:28 AM
As Nighttimegirl said. I had my left ear done 20 years ago. Just got my right ear done 3 weeks ago. Can hardly wait for some nice dangly ones.

Imogen_Mann
07-29-2006, 07:06 AM
I worked on the railway with a guy who had his ears peirced, no one said much, he had them done on the first day of a two week holiday, time he got back to work they were fine and he just had tiny almost invisible sleepers in them both.
A few people laughed behind his back, but not me... I knew something else, I knew he had other things peirced too, but then, alternative lifers of any variety tend to recognise eachother and talk about such things. He was into the whole body mod's thing and as far as he knew I was just a part time goth or something...

I say, go for it, ignore them and do what you want, I know plenty of guys with both ears done, no one says anything.

In 12 months time it's all forgotten and you get to wear your earings !

XX

Jayme

LindaTS
07-29-2006, 07:06 AM
I've had mine pierced for about 30 years and no one has ever noticed them. I've never had any comments, positive or negative. I say go for it.

Teresa Amina
07-29-2006, 07:45 AM
Clip ons and screw posts here. I think it depends on your age how it will be taken; I still need my "cover" and at 50 it would be a dead giveaway in guy mode. "Look at that old guy with the earrings! Must be some sort of (fill in the blank)"

Jillian310
07-29-2006, 07:57 AM
I have both pierced. I usually wear a pair of custom made god stars with a diamond inset, which were a birthday gift from my wife last year. (I turned 69 last week.) I am probably going to get another piercing so that I can wear 2 pairs of earrings, dangly ones in the lower holes. When I dress up to go out I always wear really long and flashy danglers.

Angie G
07-29-2006, 08:04 AM
I'm 58 years old as soon as I can get the wife to go along with it I'll do it.
Angie G.

oztallulah
07-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Teresa stole my Thunder, no piercings at 57, and not likely to now. But have found some gorgeous clip ons. Haven't tried the screw posts things yet but give me time. :D

judyw9
07-29-2006, 08:15 AM
...I'm a 44 year old executive in a Fortune 500 company--very conservative. Also, my wife and daughter would certainly notice and I couldn't give my normal excuse of grooming like I did when I shaved my upper body hair ("it was gray") or had my eyebrows done.

lynn27
07-29-2006, 08:15 AM
...I start my new job properly as well this week so I have a whole new world to meet, so I have to be careful as always I will be in a very male environment as a sky field engineer...

i think your best bet is to have it done before you start that new job. you get it over with from the start and there is no "before and after" for your peers to notice and talk about. 0.02

put in simple male looking studs and have a ready answer for anyone that says anything. of course, i wouldn't wear nail polish or a bra to work for the first week or so... :p

lynn

Holly
07-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Mine have been pierced for almost 2 years now. I turn 60 in a few months. I was enfemme when I had them done and the young lady who did them could not have been nicer. They caused no issues for me at work and I work for a local government type agency. I say, if you want them, go ahead and do it. A lot fewer people care than you think.

Calliope
07-29-2006, 09:09 AM
Speaking as a total earring junkie, clip-ons have always struck me as pretty sub-par. Go for it, another avenue for shopping nirvana. My advice for work: Wear super-small ones and if anyone gives you the business, try my line, 'Girls really notice this sort of a thing in a guy' - which, in my experience, is the truth.

uknowhoo
07-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Nope.:(

Hopefully someday :o

NighttimeGirl
07-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Mine have been pierced for almost 2 years now. I turn 60 in a few months. I was enfemme when I had them done and the young lady who did them could not have been nicer. They caused no issues for me at work and I work for a local government type agency. I say, if you want them, go ahead and do it. A lot fewer people care than you think.

omg 60!

go girl! you look good

NighttimeGirl
07-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Speaking as a total earring junkie, clip-ons have always struck me as pretty sub-par. Go for it, another avenue for shopping nirvana. My advice for work: Wear super-small ones and if anyone gives you the business, try my line, 'Girls really notice this sort of a thing in a guy' - which, in my experience, is the truth.

Good line Daytripper Ill keep that one in mind :heehee:

Stephenie S
07-29-2006, 09:35 AM
God, go with the piercing. There is no comparison. Screw ons hurt! If that's OK, then stay with them, but I coiuld not stand it.

Do it before the new job. Don't try and think up a silly excuse. Just say you like them. I got a bit of crap at work, but only from one woman. And she has been giving me s**t on a pretty continual basis about ALL my "effeminate" mannerisms, No one else has done anything but compliment me. When someone says, "Oh, you got your ears pierced." I say, "Yes, don't you like them?". And then I chat a bit about what style I want to get. (You have to start out with studs if you get them done at the Piercing Pagoda) Everyone, except "Miss Gender Policeman" has been very supportive. And REALLY, it's nobodys' business at all, is it?

You will LOVE 'em. Go for it.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Jennaie
07-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I have both pierced, En-drab I wear male 14 guage earrings. That is the cover for me. I did not get my ears pierced so that I could wear macho looking male earrings, but it is a nice cover.

Siobhan Marie
07-29-2006, 09:51 AM
I don't at the moment, but might consider having them done one day.

:hugs: Anna x

Taffy
07-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Nope, I am happy with only the OEM holes in my body and have never felt the need to add more...

Taffy

Bobbi Lynn
07-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi, I’ve had mine pierced for about 18 years and wear some type of studs all of the time except at work. This is a safety issue, I do not wear a watch or rings or anything that might get wrapped up in a piece of equipment. 0.02

karen marie
07-29-2006, 10:21 AM
had mine pierced about 10 years ago.
hugs,karen

NighttimeGirl
07-29-2006, 10:33 AM
God, go with the piercing. There is no comparison. Screw ons hurt! If that's OK, then stay with them, but I coiuld not stand it.

Do it before the new job. Don't try and think up a silly excuse. Just say you like them. I got a bit of crap at work, but only from one woman. And she has been giving me s**t on a pretty continual basis about ALL my "effeminate" mannerisms, No one else has done anything but compliment me. When someone says, "Oh, you got your ears pierced." I say, "Yes, don't you like them?". And then I chat a bit about what style I want to get. (You have to start out with studs if you get them done at the Piercing Pagoda) Everyone, except "Miss Gender Policeman" has been very supportive. And REALLY, it's nobodys' business at all, is it?

You will LOVE 'em. Go for it.

Lovies,
Stephenie

unfortunately as things stand i start on monday we are on saturday now so I wont be able to get them done before the new job but I will take all the advice you have all given me and I want to thank each and everyone for there insight

Ill get them done but in a few weeks, I think :(

:hugs:

Jackie-Ann
07-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Clip ons and screw posts here. I think it depends on your age how it will be taken; I still need my "cover" and at 50 it would be a dead giveaway in guy mode. "Look at that old guy with the earrings! Must be some sort of (fill in the blank)"

Hi,Teresa, I'm 57 and already have done my body totally hairless, if I get earring holes and the permanent studs that are obvious to anyone. Well, the blank will be filled, like you said.

Julogden
07-29-2006, 12:02 PM
This is something I would love to have done, I had my left ear pierced (like all lads did in the 80's) that was cool but my dad didnt think so, one piercing,

I really want to wear some gorgeous hoops when i go out finally, trouble is it is so noticable both ears pearced, I start my new job properly as well this week so I have a whole new world to meet, so I have to be careful as always I will be in a very male environment as a sky field engineer, I can pull the manly thing off no worries I been acting since I saw the nurses apron on my way out,

has anyone got any advice, I know I will get stick off the lads at work and such, well i think so, kieran has a Liam gallagher swagger as well so to have my ears pierced would look weird to others?, I was wondering about going down the clip on route but I dont know if they would look any good, and I am unable to take real ones out for work as they will heel up?

has anyone got any advcie on this and the best way forward ?

thx :hugs:

Hi Linda,

When I pierced my ears 20 years ago, I did them one at a time. After the first one was completely healed, I quit wearing an earring to work for a couple months, thinking that people would forget about it.

Then I pierced the other ear. I got a couple funny looks, but everyone basically ignored it, or at least didn't confront me about it.

In retrospect, I doubt that I fooled anyone, but everyone respected me enough that they didn't stick their noses into my business. My friends remained my friends, and it was no big deal.

Nowadays, I would think it would be even less of a deal.0.02

:hugs: Carol

tekla west
07-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Both, for about 20 years now, I taught college with them, no one said anything, and at the time the CD part was nice, but I did it as a Rock deal.

MelindaC
07-29-2006, 12:10 PM
No. not yet. So far I've been quite happy with regular clip on earrings.

27th Jennifer
07-29-2006, 12:10 PM
I've had mine pierced for 15 years, but then again I'm kind of a punker, so no one questions it. I also have mine stretched to 8 guage.

Sally24
07-29-2006, 12:35 PM
I'll stick with the clip ons and screw backs. It's kind of fun trying to track down attractive antique or new earings. I'm in the same age boat as many. Over 50 and enough other things showing (weight loss, no body hair, electrolysis on face) that I don't want one more item to be the last straw. Being younger, you should be able to tell the other lads to take it and *****.

good luck. I would love to be able to wear some really big hoops!

Sally

52DDRenee
07-29-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm into the goth/punk look, sooooo I have 9 in my right & 7 in my left.

Rachel Morley
07-29-2006, 01:58 PM
I had my left ear done (by myself) when I was 16 years old for a bet. But it wasn't until I was in my mid 30's that I decided I wanted the second one done for girly reasons. :D I was very nervous about what people would think if they saw me with a stud in each ear. I did the second one myself too one drunken evening :eek:

Anyway, I want to tell you that I got over the problem of being seen by my co-workers by first removing my existing earring, and wearing my new one as long as possible each day. I would take it out just before I got out of my car in the parking lot before going into work and then I always took my lunch off site so that I could put it back in for an hour. Then as soon as it was time to go home (I never did any overtime) I would put it straight back in and leave it there until I was getting out of my car again for the start of the next work day.

I started doing this after I had "done the deed" on the Friday night of a holiday weekend so that I got 3 days of healing before I first took it out. I had no problems and it healed ok. I would reommend a salon though not the DIY route!

As far as being a guy having both ears pierced is concerned, the only time I ever had a "moment" was when I was in a spa pool at my local health club with one of my buddies and his young son several years ago. His son said to me "how come you have got both your ears pierced?.....I thought only girls do that?". Fortunately for me his Dad piped up with "well, these days it doesn't matter what people do". Now I'm 43 and I couldn't care less what people think of me.

Stephanie H
07-29-2006, 04:25 PM
I think having both ears pierced in todays society for a male has been accepted for a long time now.
I have had mine pierced for 6 years now.

Most straight guys I know have one or two and now the in thing is to have them stretched to so a car could drive thru it but you wont catch me having that done.

I have a collection of 25 very feminine earrings.
My favorie are the dangly ones that make that tinkly sound as you move your head.
In fact I am going to put a pair in now.

racquel
07-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Yes for a couple of years now and wish that I had done it years and years ago.You will not regret it.
When people ask 'why both' I tell them they wouldn't do only one for half price so I had both done to get my money's worth. :heehee:

27th Jennifer
07-29-2006, 04:58 PM
I actually think having just one ear pierced looks kind of wierd on a guy. Like he's trying to hide something.... If someone is going to do it at all, why not just go all the way and get them both done?

spoonie
07-29-2006, 05:05 PM
I’ve had my ears pierced since I was eighteen And I don’t care if people like it or dislike it .I’m not passing comment on there life and if they are offended by it go and take a run on the motor way. I love the diversity of ear rings now on the market and I have over 30 pairs.
As always Tons of love to you all
Spoonie
:thumbsup:

Scotty
07-29-2006, 05:13 PM
I had a time with getting my right one done, I worked for a dot com and it was Soooooooooooooooooo relaxed there - we had a FTM CD'er I was friends with and I told her I liked ear rings so we pierced my other one.

Now my thing is, I just pierced my right cartlidge so I have both of those done.

Funny, I see a lot mroe guys with earrings in their RIGHT ear these days whereas in teh 80's you on ly wore it in the LEFT ear.
(And of course both).

I bought a new diamond and started wearing my left again at work, love to find even a good guy set of hoops to wear to work, saw lot of ot her guys wearing them..........

I love having my ears pierced, and I love shopping at bodycandy.com for naval belly button stuff......:) I'm sooo addicted to that place!!

They sell all sorts of piercing jewelry including ear rings, necklaces etc.....

tekla west
07-29-2006, 05:13 PM
I beg to differ, the offerings in peirced earrings is much greater than clips, much more delicate and all that, plus you get to use studs, or hoop (if you be wantin' that oh so hip - this year at least - pirate look)

When the holes heal, you have to look real close to notice, and anyone looking that close has other issues.

I will give you a rock and roll freebie here. If anyone ever asks, just tell them you were in a band in your mis - spent youth. God almighty, that covers a range of sins from pierced ears to having wings of rehab clinics named after you. Its also covers having the best women's clothes that money can buy, just ask Robert Plant.

Jodi Lynn
07-29-2006, 05:22 PM
I had mine done 6 years ago. Never had anyone say anything about them. Love wearing hoops and long hanging ones, Can't really wear posts anymore, can't feel my finger tips because of carpol tunnel so it make it hard for me to put them in.

NighttimeGirl
07-29-2006, 05:28 PM
I think having both ears pierced in todays society for a male has been accepted for a long time now.
I have had mine pierced for 6 years now.

Most straight guys I know have one or two and now the in thing is to have them stretched to so a car could drive thru it but you wont catch me having that done.

I have a collection of 25 very feminine earrings.
My favorie are the dangly ones that make that tinkly sound as you move your head.
In fact I am going to put a pair in now.

not in my society it isn't just the way it is, sad but true, all my mates a\re football fans, and even though beckham has both pierced and so do many footballers it is still not widley accepted,
the conversation ranges from killing the opposition fans in the market before or after the game and which (BIRD) < not my words) they want to do
I have often offered some solace to the lads regarding giving them a bit of soft talk like calm down and love evryone, they listen for about five minutes then they fall back into habit, yeah my world I'm sure not much differant to everyone elses but I have to be careful,

that is the only reason I ask, yeah I know and everyone knows it shouldnt be a big issue in this day and age but still to some ppl it is and the some ppl it is just happen to know me,
ps I dont want to give the impression I am a football hooligan far from it,
I am a sweet girl :heehee:

Mistress Frillee
07-29-2006, 05:28 PM
I have had both my ears pierced for years...... I wear 1 diamond stud in each ear.......:thumbsup:

tekla west
07-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Can 'ye be a football fan and NOT be a hooligan? Not in the press I read here. So, ManUnited, Arsenal, what?

ava_bruna
07-29-2006, 05:33 PM
lots of guys have both ears pierced , most footballers eg david beckham wear big diamond earings .

Just wear plain male type ones as a man and feminine ones when you are a girl ,no problem !!

Love Nishababe xx:love:

YUP. but most important, follow their instruction's to the letter, dont think your smart like me, I felt I was healed enough to change them before the 6 week's they and said, (WRONG) well, 1/2 wrong, my left was ok, had no trouble getting my new pretty ruby in but my right was a little more tender and took a little more time and ouche's:( my mistake was after 2 week's with the new ruby one's I decited to try some of the wife's pretty cubes, WRONG again. same thing cept right didnt go at all, I was almost ready to push it in but didnt want to bleed all over the place.
I phoned the girl who did it and told her my prob, she said to either push it in and make another hole or come back in 2 week's and she would redo it, guess which im going to do?;) SO PLEASE whatever you do. DO WHAT THEY SAY. oH sur, some of you girl's / gurl's heal in 2 day's and never had any trouble changing your's and the hole didnt close up on you, BUT we are not all the same.I was lucky, no one who know's me has said ANYTHING about my ear's, wife, son, daughter, Grandaughter loves the idea, smart kid:D
Good luck.

BTW, im 71, so age has nothing to do with it. unless they say you got Alzheimer's? then LOOK out;):D

NighttimeGirl
07-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Can 'ye be a football fan and NOT be a hooligan? Not in the press I read here. So, ManUnited, Arsenal, what?

yeah thats the the trouble with the UK tekla, the damn press are worse than anywhere in the world, everyone thinks the english abroad are nutters!!

I dont care Im Irish lol, but seriously you are right, if you are a football fan you are branded like the rest of em!!

no I love the game and stay away form the trouble as you do, in my younger days it was slightly different though, well I was always trying to prove I was a man, now look at me ((isnt Ironic!))

seems whatever walk of life you in you are all branded in one way or another,

Oh yeah you also asked Man utd Arsenal, well my team are (Nottingham Forest) lower than a snakes belly in the league lol

joanlynn28
07-29-2006, 07:53 PM
I got my ears pierced over two months ago. Can't wait till the completely heal up so I can wear more than just studs. But of course I only wear the studs to work. Yes there were comments made to me at work about it, but I would just say to them that it was a midlife crisis type of thing. Do my coworkers buy into that I don't think so. I have told some of them about my transgender issue the women of course the guys wouldn't understand and would only riducule me about it. Of course a guy that I have worked with for ten years asked a woman in our department what was with the nails that I was wearing one day and she told him that I was going through some changes, his reply was just Ohhh, and he walked away. So I am outed, big deal it gets what I am going to face in the future out of the way so I can move on.

ava_bruna
07-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi Joan, Here's what I would have told anyone who asked, Ive got this ringing in my ear's that has been driving me out of my mind, ( this part is true) someone told me to have my ear's done and it would help;) I did tell my son and Daughter that as they know my ear prob but im not to sure they believed it. no matter as nothing is said anymore about it, of course it didnt help. but I had hoped it might by some weird chance. bi biiiiii

ava_bruna
07-31-2006, 06:53 PM
well, you who think your ear's are ok b4 the 6 week's? go ahead take them out but believe you me, your gonna have some pain trying if your lucky to get them back in, I just had my right ear redone today and funny it wasnt 1/2 as bad as me trying to get it in the heald hole myself, so trust me, I KNOW!! but yes, that's me, ( MIGHT BE YOU TOO););)

Charleen
07-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Pardon me, but what does age have to do with it? I'm 55 and got mine pierced a month ago. No one has said boo. Actually, a couple of GG friends said they looked nice. Yes, I'm waiting the 6 weeks,and keeping them clean, but it's frustrating having to wait to change from these beginning studs to hoops and more, as well as not being able to let my long hair out of it's pony tail, as I was also told to keep my hair away from them. Used clip-ons for years and they either hurt, or fell off. Linda, Go with what your inner voice says to do. It is usually right. After all, I always do what my Rice Crispys tell me to do every morning, and I'm O.K. I think. Oh well.:straightface: Love and xxxx, Lily

Mistybtm
07-31-2006, 07:35 PM
http://cliptomania.com/
Have a hi profile job so clip-ons all the wa.
would like to here about more stores if any one has some please include a link.
Mistybtm

connie rotten
07-31-2006, 07:35 PM
I do but I haven't worn pierced earrings in years. I wear clip ons.

Olivia
07-31-2006, 07:37 PM

Well, I'm stuck with clip-ons for now, only because I fooled around too long this summer to have them pierced and healed before I go back to work. But, next summer? Why, it's a done deal! I'm so tired of clip-ons. I'll be 54 by that time, and I don't care who notices OR doesn't like them. I wear a clip-on now that's three 1" gold rings hanging from a little gold heart, sometimes in the left, sometimes in the right ear. Oh, I'm sure I do get some of that "look at the old guy with the earrings!", but it's water off a duck's back girls. I don't have time to waste on such foolish people. Olivia

unclejoann
07-31-2006, 07:41 PM
i had both ears pierced 20 years ago while I had a reputation as a womanizer. Only one person has ever said anything, that was at a rather conservative conference i was attending with an earring with a red stone (quite noticable but not big) -- the comment was "you're brave."

Barb Valentine
07-31-2006, 07:52 PM
I think I already have too many holes in my head
Without putting many more in there :heehee:

Kristen Kelly
07-31-2006, 08:08 PM

I will be 50 soon and Ive had 1 ear done since the 80's cant wait to get the other done, just a matter of time. Be brave I've had my hair permed, hightlited, and a blond streak done in the front, currently letting it grow longer. They dont expect me to be like all the rest, so nothing I do shocks them.

Dee 1062
07-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Had my ears done years ago....all of us bikers did:)
as long as you go with small diamonds, or small studds, no one cares at home or work...so go for it...you go girl.

Barbara G
07-31-2006, 10:22 PM
For the first two or three years, I found it quite erotic and made me feel quite femmie. The thrill wore off, but I often wear ear rings at home, and have about 40 pairs of many different styles -- all cheap costume stuff.

Go for it! Get them both pierced. Except for the period you have to wear them until the new holes heal, few will notice the holes IF there's no ear ring in them.

Michelle Ellis
07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
It was an 80's thing for sure with guys... I wanted two, and I stressed over weather or not to do it until the fashion wore out LOL oh well... :p

M

Lexi
07-31-2006, 10:45 PM
I have both ears pierced as well as my naval,nipples and penis.

Gail Stauffer
07-31-2006, 11:04 PM
I've had my Ears pierced for awhile now as well, I love it, and recommend others to do it, everyone seems to do it these days!!

Sarah Rabbit
07-31-2006, 11:57 PM
2 in the Left and 1 in the right and will be getting the 2nd Right soon..I do not care what people say, as life is too short to worry about pleasing others.

Sarah R. :bunny:

Stephenie S
08-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Girls,

My opinion is, if you want to pierce your ears, for goodness sake, DO IT. How can it POSSIBLY be anyone elses' business?????
So much worry about what others will think. They will think you got your ears pierced, right? End of story.

Will they think I'm gay? Not likely
Will they think I'm a CDer? Why?

I see all kinds of people with pierced ears. On TV, in the movies, sports figures. You name it, they got it! If you like the look, do it. Why do we need any "excuse" other than that we want to do it? Did the football star mentioned above worry about what others would think? Probably not.

OK now, with the single exception of the "gender policeman" I have mentioned at work (and she was the one who said that a man wearing pink was like a woman standing up to pee), absolutely NO ONE has had any negative comment about my peircings at all. Most have complimented me and some just don't care.

I was going to put it off until the kids had visited next month, but my wife said just do it, they won't care. So I did, and I am sooo glad I did. I don't really like the studs they make you wear (I wanted little hoops) for the first 4 weeks, but 4 weeks goes by pretty fast when you are my age. (don't ask).

So, I say go for it.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Scotty
08-01-2006, 12:12 AM
I went in to my jeweler today because I bought a 1/6th carot diamond earring to replace one I lost recently. I went back for the other half!

When I bought the first one the lady said "Maybe you should buy a pair, do you have your right ear pierced?" - I said thanks but no, and yes my right ear is pierced (Thank god for Dot-com days when nobody cared!).

Anyway so I went back today and she didn't have the gold, only white gold, she asked me to swap the new one with my old one (right to left) - and this lady, 61 years old said "You look GREAT in those". She really made my day.

I already made the purchase so it's not like she was trying to sell me something, I think she was being sincere. She commented about other piercings these days including belly buttons and I told her I had that done too and she said "Really? How do you like it?" and I love it of course!!
I am starting to wear it when I don't have a long T-shirt on and people are noticing and not ONE person has said anything!!! (Except I wear my private hot pink one most times and swap out to blue in guy mode).

I've been wearing one in my left ear to work but I won't have the courage to leave the right one in for now.......couple of jerks there where I work have commented and it's best left alone, although there are ot her guys with hoops (guy hoops) in their ears.......

So you see, how others see you is not necessarily how you see yourself, this site has taught me one thing, take a baby step and see how it goes, if you like it keep going!

NewbieCD
08-01-2006, 12:13 AM
I do had have since i was a teenager had a phase of being freak boy with 5 peircings. In my ears so yeah they are peirced.

Lisa Golightly
08-01-2006, 02:39 AM
I've never had anyone pass comment on my pierced ears... ever. I wear hoops on a daily basis... no-one comments even in my most boyish moments :)

sophie1
08-01-2006, 02:51 AM
most of my male friends have got both ears done so why not.
i'm considering geting mine done. had one ear done but that was 10 years ago and not had one in about 8 so i would have to get them bothe done maybe i will. what do you all think.
thanx
Sophie

Teresa Amina
08-01-2006, 03:59 AM
Not sure if this is what you have in mind but I found these on eBay.
I never heard before that Witches couldn't do piercings for religious reasons- you learn something new every day!

becomingkimberly
08-01-2006, 06:40 AM
I've had two in each ear for a number of years. I don't wear earrings for work only for girly time