PDA

View Full Version : When getting makeup done at MAC

JenniferMint
07-29-2006, 11:07 PM
When getting makeup done at the MAC store, what do you ask them to do?

My first time there, I asked them to make me look like a girl with minimal makeup on.

I think the end result wasn't very passable due to masculine features of my face, though. So I wonder, might more makeup be better? I don't like to look overly done up, though (if I were a GG I probably wouldn't wear any makeup at all). But maybe it'd help me pass better.

Carroll
07-29-2006, 11:17 PM
I need to ask...what is a MAC store?

Fallen Angel
07-29-2006, 11:31 PM
I use the mw25 by mac because it has no red tone to it,when I first talked to the sales clerk i told her that i use either orange or pink lip stick and two diferent kinds of blush to help with shadows,also there are some tecs to work with toneing down the male fetures as well

renee k
07-30-2006, 01:08 AM
When I go for makeup at a MAC counter. I'm one looking for a foundation to match my skin color at the time. ie;summertime= tan, fall, winter= paler skin.
Then colors in eye makeup and lip color to go with the color of clothes your wearing. And finally is it day or evening makeup your looking for. The experience I've had each and everytime I've been there has been great! And I've picked up tips each and everytime as well. Can't wait till the next time, coming up in October.
Huggs, Renee

tekla west
07-30-2006, 01:12 AM
MAC is a line of makeup, more upscale than Cover Girl, but not quite Lancome either. They sell at Macy's, but also have freestanding stores, and have always been very accepting of TG persons and is a large doner to anti-AIDS causes.

I forget what it stands for, but the A is artistry and the M is makeup or the C is cosmetics, something like that. Check 'em out, they are supporters of us and deserve our money more than some other places often named in here.

kathy gg
07-30-2006, 01:17 PM
First off the link:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/

MAC is what my hubby uses and also a fav of mine for various products.

You asked for minimum make up so they did it.

You should have asked for full coverage make up and possibly an evening look.

If you have beard shadow they should have been using the Studio Stick and Studio Finish for your foundation.

Also there are tricks they can use to soften your jawline and highlight your cheeks to look softer and more femme.

Also calling ahead and asking for an artists who has done make up on guys might help too.

Good luck though! Their products are great.

Rachel Morley
07-30-2006, 01:26 PM
So I wonder, might more makeup be better?..... maybe it'd help me pass better.
Yep, it sure will if it's the right make up and it's applied properly. The good news is MAC make up is very good and obviously the employees in the store are experts in applying it.

In our house both Marla and I use MAC and we both love it. The combination of a very close shave with a Gillette Fusion razor, their silicone preparation moisturiser, and their foundation have really helped hide my beard shadow.