PDA

View Full Version : rehobeth beach

typical_guy
07-30-2006, 12:55 AM
So I was at the beach today and I saw a TS at a pizza place. At first I didn't notice that she was a TS because I was there with a friend but I noticed her breast form sticking out of her bathing suit a little. I didn't say anything although I wanted to tell her. She noticed me looking at her and smiled at me and I smiled back. She probably thought I was just okay with her. Little did she know that I was a crossdresser!

So, how do you address something like that in public? I felt a little uncomfortable walking up to a stranger and mentioning something like that. I mean just because I'm a cder doesn't mean I should be able to walk up to any other cder or ts and start a conversation - or am I wrong here? My friend is okay with it, I mean she knows about me, and clearly the other girl's friend(s) (2 more showed up later) were okay with it too but still, it felt weird to me. What would you have done in the situation and how is it best to approace another cd or ts?

Oh, and if you're reading this and you remember me from that pizza place (I am the white guy with short brown hair who was with the hispanic girl), I'm sorry for not telling you!

tekla west
07-30-2006, 01:05 AM
I thought everyone had the right to attempt to open a conversation with any other human, and they, likewise, had the right to refuse it.

The best way to approach a TS or CD and start a conversation is by saying “Hi.” You do have something in common, often that can be a basis for friendship. So why not start with some observations about clothing, or the weather, or the beach, or the food.

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-30-2006, 01:10 AM
I would have just said something or hinted by pointing at my chest. Not a huge deal.

Barb Valentine
07-30-2006, 01:15 AM
A great question
I wonder about this myself
I look forward to reading the replies

Kaitlyn Michele
07-30-2006, 01:31 AM
i would want to know...

i would also tell her she looks great

do all of u gals have the same tranny-dar cd's seem to have...
i know it works for me...

typical_guy
07-30-2006, 09:08 AM
i would want to know...

i would also tell her she looks great

do all of u gals have the same tranny-dar cd's seem to have...
i know it works for me...
mine sure works! she had on awsome shoes. All right for now on ill be more forward in talking to complete strangers.

CaptLex
07-30-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm just wondering how you knew she's TS and not CD. From your description, she could fit into several groups. To answer your question, though, I would have probably complimented her outfit and struck up a conversation about clothes.

Kristen Kelly
07-30-2006, 09:24 AM
I have had that happen to me while in drab, my comment worked very well it was "I love the look, but don't know if I could pull it off", was a perfect conversation starter.

kathy gg
07-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Don't forget women who have had masectomies wear breast forms too....I think mentioning it woudl be in poor taste if you are incorrect. I know if I was on the beach and wearing breast forms because I lost a breast and some guy walked up to me {1} telling me he can see my breast form {2} asking if I am ts I would want to bury my head in the sand.

Maybe you were right, but this is a area where mistakes can be made.....why even take that chance....I never would....unless I was in a tranny bar!

Stephenie S
07-30-2006, 02:49 PM
I agree with Kathy. This could be an embarasing moment.

As Tekla says, we can try to start up a conversation with anyone we want, and a good way is to just say "Hi". But I would NOT say, "Hi, I noticed your breast form and I'm a CDer too". There are just too many other possibilities here, not the least of which is the other persons' desire for privacy. Even if you are right, the other person may not appreciate being reminded of the fact that they are not passing well.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Rachel Morley
07-30-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm curious as to why you thought she was TS and not CD? How could you tell? I also agree that caution may be required for the reasons Kathy said. Having said that, if I was pretty sure in my mind that she was a cd, and that I was going to speak with her, what Kristen said "I love the look, but don't know if I could pull it off" is a great ice breaker.....that's always assuming she wasn't bummed that I knew she was a cd and therfore my knowing means she didn't pass.

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Embarrassment is a part of life.

Think about it, if one person can see it, everyone can.

If that one person walks up to you and tells you, that person is saving you a GREAT deal of grief by cutting your losses so to speak. Not that anyone would probably care, so worrying about it is pointless.

I would not have pointed out any part of my personal life, however. Just say "Hey, your boob is poking out." And go about your business.

Scotty
07-30-2006, 06:22 PM
I would have just said something or hinted by pointing at my chest. Not a huge deal.

Me too, and I suspect she would have appreciated a simple thing like that - keeps her from being put on the spot no matter what she is!!

typical_guy
07-30-2006, 07:11 PM
I could just tell, I mean the face, the body, the hands, etc. Most women don't wear heels like that to go eat pizza either. I mean I don't know, call it radar or whatever but I could tell. I'm just assuming TS because of the way she was so hairless. She could have been a CD but she definately had a lot of electrolysis and other work done. I'm guessing she's on hormones because the breasts looked slightly formed to me.

Jodi
08-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Rehobeth Beach is the gay and alternative lifestyle capital of Delaware. I'd be surprised if you saw someone there that is perfectly straight.

Jodi

Sally24
08-03-2006, 05:13 AM
I agree with Kathy and Angel, you may not be right! I've seen many people on the forum that seem to think they can spot CD's without any problem. The problem with that is that unless they talk to each one, they are just assuming they are right each time. That leads to them thinking that they are always right.

As has been discussed many times on the forum, woman come in any size. Some tall woman have very manish features such as big hands, a long face, and of course big feet. I've seen many woman who walk like lumberjacks. So unless you've seen them in a locker room, I wouldn't make any assumptions!

That being true, the best course from my point of view would be to have gotten your GG friend to glance or mention the form. If you had been en femme, it would have probably been ok for you too.

(by the way, lots of us have no hair and "A" breasts and are not on hormones or a TS.)

Sally

Maureen Henley
08-03-2006, 04:38 PM
I have upon occasion, let a lady know that a slip was showing or other clothing was in disarray. I simply approached her and said," Excuse me, i don't mean to embarass you, but your ... is.......". On the two occasion I remember doing this, I was politely thanked.

In the situation described, I'm not sure how I would have handled it, but I'm sure the person in question would have been grateful for a polite warning, emphasis on the polite.

Michelle Ellis
08-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Not sure, If there was even a chance she was GG I would keep silent. But if my radar was working good and I knew the person to be crossdressed I would likely make a discreet gesture and give her a smile and a wink ;)

M

admirerplus GG
08-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I believe that you should trust your gut instinct when it comes to approaching a person in public. Sometimes, even if you may feel a bit uncomfortable it can be worth the risk. It is all about using your own best judgment at the moment.

I am a very open person and I do not embarrass easily. I have a different comfort zone. I have and would go up to a total stranger in public and start a casual conversation.

Maybe she will see your post here?