PDA

View Full Version : Hair dresser

Dana Jones
07-30-2006, 09:54 AM
I have a long time family friend who cuts everyones hair. My kids, spouse, inlaws, and friends. No family know that I am a cd. She is a little younger than me and very cool. I want to ask her to help me with my look. Help me with my wig makeup etc. I just don't know because of all the family ties. If she isn' into it or just has idle conversation will I be outed. I am very comfortable around her but don't know how open she is of this or just of me doing this. Any suggestions?? Dana

uknowhoo
07-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Ooh, tough call Dana.

I can tell you that I'm not out to any family either. I am out only to two dear GG friends (well, plus a few thousand sisters, and a few brothers here at CD.com). I can tell you that it has worked out beautifully for me. Both of them have been 110% understanding and supportive. It haas made a truly positive difference in my life. I've been out n about en femme with one of them and plan to do so again.

That said, my wife and I do not see either of these women regularly, maybe once or twice a year only. I'd have to have a high degree of confidence before I'd confide in such a close family friend (assuming you don't want to be outed). I'm not saying not to, rather just be very sure that she will be able to keep what you tell her completely to herself. In the end, only you can make that call.

Good luck, and let us know. ;)

Hugs,

Tammi

DanaJ
07-30-2006, 10:18 AM
My suggestion is to find another girl to do your wig styling. If you ask her to do it, you are in effect asking her to keep secrets from your wife, inlaws etc. (if it came up), and then you would be putting her in a very uncomfortable position.

tekla west
07-30-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm down with Dana here. It is moraly objectionable to ask others to do that. Find someone else.

EricaCD
07-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Yep. World is full of competent hairstylists. (Well, they are outnumbered at least 10 to 1 by incompetent stylists, but you get my meaning.) Close friends are harder to come by. If you want to come out to a close friend for support, or because you are at that stage of your life as a CD, or whatever, then that's different. For help with your hair, go to someone else.

Erica

Adrienne Heels
07-30-2006, 01:03 PM
I agree with the other girls...be careful!! My CD salon is NOT my guy salon!

Rachel Morley
07-30-2006, 01:16 PM
I can see how you would want to confide in this person becasue she's probabaly very nice and you feel totally comfortable with her. However, I do agree with the others, telling her is fraught with danger becasue she will know something intimate about you that she knows your wife doesn't. She might feel uncomfortable about knowing this and "need" to tell your wife.

kathy gg
07-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Dana J is right...find a different salon.

Don't mix this unless you are ready to come clean to all who this lady knows. Sorry....hate to say this...but if she is friendly with your wife....and you tell this girl....your wife will find out.

I have a long time family friend who cuts everyones hair. My kids, spouse, inlaws, and friends. No family know that I am a cd. She is a little younger than me and very cool. I want to ask her to help me with my look. Help me with my wig makeup etc. I just don't know because of all the family ties. If she isn' into it or just has idle conversation will I be outed. I am very comfortable around her but don't know how open she is of this or just of me doing this. Any suggestions?? Dana

Michelle I
07-30-2006, 09:13 PM
I have to agree with everyone who has posted here. I had a good friend GG who I helped color her hair and she returned the favor with my hair. We had a couple of color sessions with a few blonde streaks throwing in for fun. She swore that she told no one which I believed until several weeks ago when I was speaking with her best friend, another GG. This friend said that she liked my current hair color better than before. When I asked my friend about it she replied I tell her everything. I was hurt, this was a friend who told me all about her marrage troubles and poor husband and I told no one about it. Boy was I glad that my CD adventures did not come out or the whole town would know. Better keep your girl side to one salon and the male side to another, that what I have done and enjoy the time spent as Melissa at my girl salon with very few worries that anyone I know will come in there.

Scotty
07-30-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm in this bind, my hair is growing back and I want to style it with a feminine look that I can flatten for work......

I'm in Seattle and I need a hairdressser soon! Maybe a month or so :)

Coffee girls?

Priscilla Ann
07-30-2006, 09:55 PM
I agree with everyone else. Pick a stranger for your wig and makeup advice.