PDA

View Full Version : 2 Firsts in One Week-End

Holly O'Niell
07-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Strange how things come about, I post my first thread last night, my first 'out' action on the net.
Today, I decide to tell the one person I think would want to know.
My younger sister and I are very close and love each other dearly, also if there is one member of my family who suspected anything, it would be her.
The reason for my suspicion is due to an incident when she was 8 or 9 years old. During a school holiday, my parents were at work, I took the opportunity to dress while the house was empty. Whilst trying on a skirt of my older sister, my younger sister came to the door. Instead of ringing the bell she opened the letter box and peeked in to see me in all my glory. I knew nothing of this till later when she asked me why was I wearing a skirt, Quickly, I replied I was tidying up and folding my sisters clothes, she accepted this and no more was said.
So, back to where I started, I visited her today, we sat alone in the garden with some refreshments, we exchanged pleasantries, then I asked if she recalled the above incident. She had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.
Well - no turning back now, I told her everything. Yes, she was shocked but after a few questions answered she was okay with it.
Now, how about this, my sister works in a major dept. store, in the lingerie dept. and is responsible for measuring customers for new bras etc.
I had been for years dying to ask if she had any stories about crossdressers coming in to buy lingerie.
She replied that hardly a day went by without some poor guy coming in, browsing then buying for their 'wives', she and her co-workers knew that in most cases, it was for themselves. She added that it never made any difference to them who it was for and it was company policy that they should assist in everyway possible.
Holly.

Janelle Young
07-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Very good for you Holly. So did you get measured?

Holly O'Niell
07-30-2006, 06:03 PM
As I was asking her the question I could see in her eyes that she thought I was going to ask if I could come in and get a full measurement. I quickly assured her, with a smile, that that would never happen. There was a slight look of relief on her face.
Holly.

Kimberly
07-30-2006, 06:03 PM
It's great asking people who are in retail about suspected transgendered people shopping... A friend of mine works in The Body Shop (make-up, soaps, etc). I asked her if you get many obvious CDs, or how many guys you get in the shop buying girl stuff.

It's very interesting to gauge a perspective from the other side of the counter.

Byllie
07-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Marvelous, Holly. With each step "out" you'll feel more and more free to be who you really are. Bravo!

Michelle Ellis
07-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Congrats on such a big step! Something I'm still contemplating. Sisters are great, I have an older sister (who's a beautician btw hehe) who I've always considered to be 'the one' I tell, or tell first.

When I came here a few weeks ago I was in the middle of several 'firsts' of my own. It's literally been a life changing experience.

M

Barb Valentine
07-30-2006, 06:43 PM
A nice story Holly
Your sister knows that you won't come in for a fitting
But nothing was say about a family discount :heehee:
You lucky girl
:hugs:

Joy Carter
07-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Glad you feel good about it Holly continued success in your chosen gender expression.

gennee
07-30-2006, 08:14 PM
That's wonderful, Holly! I imagine that you are relieved and happy at the same time.

Gennee