Barb Valentine
07-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Do you find the older you get
The more you want to dress
And the less you care who knows ?
I wonder if a lack of testosterone ?

michelleliz
07-30-2006, 07:40 PM
I think you may be right. I would become michelle ll of the time if I didn't have to work.
Whan I am not working I am michelle:)

michelle liz

gennee
07-30-2006, 07:46 PM
I would be out all the time. Wouldn't care who knows.

Gennee

:D

AndreaFranklinTG
07-30-2006, 08:04 PM
I am panda pritty much all of the time
i just wear unisex cloths not nessirsarilly girls cloths but cloths that girls do wear
i duno i guess its easyer for me that way
dont get me wrong i do love to get glammed up
just dont get much of a chance these days
anyway thats just my pennies worth
Panda

Sarah Rabbit
07-30-2006, 08:07 PM
I don't know about the Dressing more part..But I am caring less and less about who knows. I do not announce what I am but if anyone finds out, so be it. My true friends wil stick by me0.02

Sarah R. :bunny:

tekla west
07-30-2006, 08:07 PM
there is lots of evidence that these tendencies get stronger with age.

And yes, the older I get the less I care what others think, but I was never very good at that to begin with.

Calliope
07-30-2006, 08:21 PM
As my mother loves to say, 'I'm too old to give a crap anymore.'

Faaaaaantastic!

[Applies eyeliner, cues up Julie London singing 'Yummy Yummy Yummy.' ]

fancy nancy
07-30-2006, 09:00 PM
i wish i could dress in my female clothes all the time .but because of my job ,i have to do it when i can . however,i do wear panties and tights under my work uniforms . i would feel naked w/o them on.when i get a day off ,i would love to dress in my favorite clothing with wig and make up on.and of corsse.wearing my favoritehigh heels

Charleen
07-30-2006, 10:25 PM
YEAH! Take what everyone else said and times it by two for me! Love and xxxx, Lily:D

natasha
07-30-2006, 10:37 PM
The hormone thing and "giving a dang what everyone thinks" may have something to do with it. I didnt start really dressing until 41 although i always knew something was there. Now I cant seem to get enough of it, to the point that I am now out to the wife who seems to be accepting it. If I could wear my female things to work I would. I would love to show off my painted toenails to the world, but the bills have to paid somehow.

Michelle Ellis
07-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Definitely, the older I get the more I want.

Probably caring less about what others think too, I'm just nevertheless here for me :p

Lack of testosterone? LOL Dunno... a lack of something for sure :p

M

judyw9
07-31-2006, 01:47 AM
Do you find the older you get
The more you want to dress
I wonder if a lack of testosterone ?

Mostly true for me, scares the hell out of me though. Testosterone does decrease with age so you may be right...

Barb Valentine
07-31-2006, 05:11 AM
Mostly true for me, scares the hell out of me though. Testosterone does decrease with age so you may be right...
Why does scare the hell out of you ?
Don't you enjoy dressing ?

Raychel
07-31-2006, 05:50 AM
It may be the Testosterone. But I think for me it is just the old guy attitude showing thru. I bust my butt working like a dog to support my family. If the dressing is what I enjoy for relaxation, then the rest of the world will have to get used to it.0.02

Stefanie_in_Mt
07-31-2006, 06:07 AM
I don't think the testostrone has much to do with it, I have amost always wanted to dress even when I was young, and the testostrone levels were very high. I do want to dress more now than I did before though. But work does get in the way. I just love the look and feel of lady's clothes and would dress 24/7 if I could.

Marla S
07-31-2006, 06:18 AM
I don't think testosterone has something to do with it either.
I'd ascribe it to the wisdom of age. You just see things more relaxed the more you have experienced in your life.

Carroll
07-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Maybe we are at that agian nearing the midlife crisis, though I dont think its a crisis :). as a matter of fact.... see a poll coming ;)
EDIT: I cant seem to figure how how to make a poll LOL.
If someone wants to please make one that says At what age did you start to really get into dressing, not the age you started. I was 12 when I started , but 37-38 when I got in to it.

Carroll

Trish
07-31-2006, 06:37 AM
I have found, that the older I getting, the more I want to be dressed.

sue ellan
07-31-2006, 06:44 AM
right on. right as rain. this is the way it is for me.
sue ellan

ArleneRaquel
07-31-2006, 09:11 AM
As I get older I want to "dress up" more and more.I'm Katrina Maureen virtually 24/7 now and I usually wear my bra to bed!:love:

Tiffy
07-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Not sure what it is that causes it but I have it just in the order you listed it. Just turning 30 and it gets more profound that I dress every month tha goes by.

April Marie

Nikki A.
07-31-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm more at peace with myself and I keep stretching the envelope although I'm not out to the kids (though they noticed mom's white denim short's are now mine) and some other unisex "borrows". I wish I could at least be open at home. If I do open up to the kids (16 & 14) I think they'd understand and just accept it as Dad's a little outthere.
I just want to be me and let others understand that this is a part of what makes me tick.

Melanie R
07-31-2006, 01:14 PM
No doubt many of us have a greater need to dress as we get older. Perhaps our estrogen levels increase. WIth myself, since taking early retirement I can now dress 24/7 if I want. My wife accepts me no matter how I am dressed. Around the house I am always dressed enfemme but I may not wear a wig or makeup. Sometimes going out in public it is too much trouble to dress with makeup and the works. In Houston with 90+ degree temps and 90% humidity your makeup is doomed 15 minutes after you walk out of the house. Today I wore my knit pants, a colorful blouse, flats and wig with makeup and visited a close TG friend who is on her last days in a local GLBT hospice. Her mother last Friday visited with Mel at the home. Today I had to remind her that she had met Mel on Friday and today Melanie. She thought I was someone else. She made the statement that the hundreds of transgendered persons who have visited her son/daughter are the most beautiful, caring persons she has ever met. Now if only more in society would see us as we are.

Hugs,

Melanie

Ginagirl
07-31-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm getting more femme with age. My thought is that as I approach an age milestone (not saying which one), that I'm begining to feel the shortness of life. That life is too short to be unhappy and if being a women (too what ever degree) makes me happy, then that's where I'm heading. You need to take your pleasures from where you get them.

Casey Morgan
07-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Yes I want to dress more as I get older and yes I care less these days about who knows than I did when I was younger. Personally I think it has much less to do with hormones and a whole lot to do with how I've changed through the years.

When I was a kid it was almost a dangerous thing to dress. It became a thrill to let myself wear women's clothes. As I got older I got... more used to it? Wearing a skirt or dress is no longer so dangerous/thrilling. Now going outside dressed, that's a different thing.

And I guess that's part and parcel of how I feel about people knowing that I dress. When I was a kid, true to melodramatic form my life would have simply been OVER if anybody knew. But my attitudes about people have changed, albiet slowly and perhaps not greatly. But my validaton comes more from within than from without like when I was a kid. I also have more faith in people these days.

It may also be very much a product of my own self-image. As I become more comfortable with being a CD and TG, I'm less rigid about what I'll allow myself to do, what I'll allow myself to think, feel, and consider. There was a time when I wouldn't have been comfortable enough dressed to read. Now I can read, play games, or a whole host of things.

I'm not going to say that T and E have no role in any of this. But I think my mind plays a bigger part than my body.

julie w
07-31-2006, 01:44 PM
you may be right ,but we may have more opportunity to to dress as we get older no young kids to look after and a lot of us living alone , or tell the
partner take it or leave it , as for people finding out I would nt want the
guys I work with finding out but anybody else I dont care

tekla west
07-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Its also possible, that in a very Zen sense, the older we get, the more we become what we really are. I kind of like that more than a chemical deal.

Kimberly
07-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Hit me at the weekend... I'm only 19!

vbcdgrl
07-31-2006, 06:57 PM
I do dress more often and completely now that I'm older. But, in my case, I don't think it's because the urge is stronger, I think it's because circumstances allow it. I live alone, which is a big plus. I'm retired(at least for now), so I have a lot of time to practice CDing. I'm not, or never will be, a 24/7 CDer, because there are people in my life who don't know I CD. But, I'm very comfortable en femme, have no problem doing housework, minor fix-it projects, hobbies, cooking while en femme. Not gonna go out and change the oil, though. Hey, come to think of it, I can both assign and carry out the "Honey-do" projects.

Vikki

Butterfly Bill
07-31-2006, 07:24 PM
"When I am an old man, I shall wear pink...", except in my case it's no longer "shall". After you have had The Worst That Could Ever Happen actually happen to you several times, and you observe that you survived, you ain't so paranoid any more. And people in general will accept an old man for what he is and not expect alot of things out of him like they will a teenager or 20something.

Tina Dixon
07-31-2006, 08:22 PM
I think we just don't give a s**t as we get older.

sophie1
08-01-2006, 09:54 AM
i'm still young yet i'll let you know in a few years
Sophie
XXX

Siobhan Marie
08-01-2006, 10:00 AM
I don't know about the Dressing more part..But I am caring less and less about who knows. I do not announce what I am but if anyone finds out, so be it. My true friends wil stick by me0.02

Sarah R. :bunny:

:iagree: with Sarah R. I don't have that much of a problem with people knowing. Although the only people I live in fear of finding out are my parents as they really wouldn't understand and to be honest I wouldn't expect them to. As for the dressing I haven't dressed for ages due to the fact I really haven't had the time of late.

:hugs: Anna x

tekla west
08-01-2006, 10:21 AM
"After you have had The Worst That Could Ever Happen actually happen to you several times, and you observe that you survived, you ain't so paranoid any more."

Nicely put Butterfly Bill, Gloria Gaynor could not have said it better.

Sam-antha
08-01-2006, 11:43 AM
There has to be a reason, but I can honestly say that age has priveldges ( you know that word ) but
that apart and the "not really caring what people think about anything factor", yes, dressing does increase with my age, but
I did not dress when young.
~Samm