PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella Complex?

Ranee Daze
07-31-2006, 11:01 AM
So my dressing is down to about four well planned times a year, usually involving a total shave, a hair appointment and makeover and a ton of shopping, usually formal gowns. I feel light and giddy by the end of it all, but there is a real depression which sets in right after I shower and put my things away until I begin planning my next escapade.
Does anyone else share this "Cinderella Complex"? How is it for you?

Hugs, Ranee Daze

Stephenie S
07-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Dear Ranee,

No, I am working toward making dressing a more integrated part of my daily life. So it can be sort of "up for grabs" how I dress in the morning. Mostly, if we are doing somethiong special that day I would think. I can't dress for work as we all wear the same thing (scrubs) anyway. I am trying to integrate other signals into my work look such as hair and nails.

I imagine that if I were to dress as you do, only four times a year it would be quite different.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Karren H
07-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Not really. I usually keep a pretty good buzz on or a bit of effeminate euphoria after I dress which slowley wanes over time. But I do dress more often than you so that could explain the difference since I know I'll dress again in a week of 2. And you get depressed because you know it will be months.

Solution is simple......dress more often!! Hehe. 5 cents please.

Love Karren

Charleen
07-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi Ranee, I felt that same way when I had to dress infrequently. What a downer it was to pack up and hide. Now by circumstances I am able to be en femme 24/7 even if it's panties and hose in drab, so I don't get that depression any more thankfully. We do what we can, when we can, so we have to take the good with the bad, but that's true in everything isn't it? Love and xxxx, Lily:hugs:

Caitlintgsd
07-31-2006, 05:19 PM
I used to get totally depressed. Went to see a counselor and her advice was to dress more often. I don't at home due to SO's desires of not "coming out" to the children. But on the other hand I go out about 3 nights per week. I couldn't go out only 4 times a year.