PDA

View Full Version : Halloween? Is it too early?

Michelle Ellis
07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Well if it is, oops! I just got my costume today in the mail :p :o um... I think I went overboard... not going to say what it is at this point, too embarrassed LOL but at least I've got a couple of months to work up the courage to go out hehe

What I want to know is what is the wildest thing you've ever dressed as for halloween? (or other special event)

And were you in a group? I don't have a group to go with, so I'm just curious... This could be my first public outing (outside of my car). Encouragement is welcome too! :p

M

Stacie Stockman
07-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Its never to early since Halloween is OUR holiday! :tongueout

Calliope
07-31-2006, 07:14 PM
I've been threatening to trick-or-treat as a member of Kiss for years. Yeah, I know, how trailer trash does it get - but it's easier than my first choice which would be Zsa Zsa Gabor in Queen Of Outer Space.

tekla west
07-31-2006, 07:35 PM
In San Francisco everyday is Halloween, and Halloween is as close as we get to a civic holiday. You have to really work at standing out here.

The wildest was either (you can choose)
-The Bride of the Theatre, a wedding gown, dyed with black streaks, with a knife in the back and dripping stage blood.
-or-
I did the Goth thing last year for the Bauhaus show, a few of the girls at work did my makeup for me and more than one person noted that if I had been in on the early days of Goth it would have killed it as a fashion statement post haste. It would be one thing to start a trend, but to stop one???? Oh be still my heart.

The one everyone loved was when I did Gypsy the Acid Queen, nach.

Roberta Lynn
07-31-2006, 07:39 PM
Never too early for Halloween
Wild I don't know.
Wanted to be as feminine as possible, went to a party dressed pregnant.
:love:

terrigurl
07-31-2006, 08:06 PM
The last time I dressed up for Halloween was in the 70's, and I wore hot pants, a top, and heels, with a wig. I have gone out dressed since then, but not for Halloween.

Phoebe Reece
07-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Last Halloween I dressed as a Hooters girl. I went with some CD friends to a local restaurant (Cowtippers) that had a costume contest (I didn't win anything). Afterwards we went to a couple of TG friendly bars for some drinks and just to hang out. It was a very fun evenng. We will probably do something similar again this year.

Taffy
07-31-2006, 08:46 PM
It's never too early since Halloween is OUR holiday!

Absolutely...

Taffy

danielle_from_cal
07-31-2006, 08:57 PM
When I was 14 I dressed up as a ... GASP ... girl. When I let my mother know about my crossdressing a couple of months ago, she reminded me of it and showed me a couple of photos. All I had on was one of her old wigs (which was more of a costume piece) and a dress. No makeup or anything else. I looked like a very cute young girl. I could hardly believe it when my mom told me that the photos were of me. Needless to say that she was not surprised at all when I told her that I like dressing as a woman. I think she is more surprised that I dress like a man!

Rachel Morley
07-31-2006, 09:56 PM
As a Brit now living in the US, I must confess to being somewhat bemused by the whole connection between Halloween and crossdressing because in the UK any costume party is an excuse for guys to dress up in women's clothes :D

That said, this time I'm going to find out just what it's all about because this year Marla and I are going to Las Vegas for Halloween....can you imagine!

Francine
07-31-2006, 10:03 PM
I was my wife's 'biker babe' on Halloween '95. Only time she really saw 'Francine' dressed. Short black miniskirt, red top, black ankle boots, red lipsticke. The party we went to was actually 'transgendered' theme. I couldn't help but take the opportunity when she said she was going to wear my black leather jacket, braid her hair, black pants, and bandana head band!

Francine

uknowhoo
07-31-2006, 11:32 PM
... not going to say what it is at this point, too embarrassed LOL

I'm not tellin' 'til you do :tongueout

Better yet, post a pic. C'mon you're among family!:D

Michelle Ellis
07-31-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm not tellin' 'til you do :tongueout

Better yet, post a pic. C'mon you're among family!:D

Oh my gosh! I've been laughing out loud at myself in fits all day. I've yet to fully dress in it, in about 1 hour I'm gonna tho :p I may have a thing for embarrassing myself LOL I dunno :o

It's pretty, way too short and it's pink and it's white and LOL that's all I'm sayin for now! :p

M

And I thought I'd never get embarrassed here... but laughing at yourself can sure feel good sometimes :)

uknowhoo
07-31-2006, 11:56 PM
Oh, you lil tease, you!

Well, as Breanne notes in her signature: "Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.":D

jjjjohanne
08-01-2006, 06:44 AM
I'll once again promote my "female dog" idea (which I have never tried, yet). Dress as a woman, have 8 boobs, and paint your face like a dog and add ears. You are enfemme, but not so girly (for those who are not going to a TG event!)

Joe

monalisa
08-01-2006, 09:43 AM
I went as a french maid with very short dress, full petticoat, ruffled panties, fishnet stockings, bra with boobs, and high heels along with a red haired wig. A friend did the makeup and I got alot of attention and offers. Wish I could wear it everyday.

loki_uk
08-01-2006, 10:01 AM
As a Brit now living in the US, I must confess to being somewhat bemused by the whole connection between Halloween and crossdressing because in the UK any costume party is an excuse for guys to dress up in women's clothes :D

Oh I remember those days, I didn't really see myself as a CD but any fancy dress at a party really was an excuse to wear ball gowns, dress up as a nun, school girl etc etc I think the only bloke fancy dress I ever wore was dressed as a scotsman in a kilt lol

Ranee Daze
08-01-2006, 11:38 AM
I looked like Cher in a LBD. It didn't start out that way. 30 years ago I had befriended a makeup artist from a local TV station and had mentioned that now that I was away from the hometown for university, and nobody knew me at all, that I would love to "go wild" for halloween. Well she liked the idea and invited me to her home studio in the Byward Market and said get a close shave and "trust me". She used no mirriors and I nearly fainted when I finally saw her handiwork after a couple of hours of makeup, lashes and wigs. We partied at The Westin that night and I collected alot of business cards that night. The real crush came when I had to go to the toilet and wait in line with GG's, since that was the better choice for Cher.

GG Vanya
08-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Oh my gosh! I've been laughing out loud at myself in fits all day. I've yet to fully dress in it, in about 1 hour I'm gonna tho :p I may have a thing for embarrassing myself LOL I dunno :o

It's pretty, way too short and it's pink and it's white and LOL that's all I'm sayin for now! :p

M

And I thought I'd never get embarrassed here... but laughing at yourself can sure feel good sometimes :)

OOOOOOOOoooo she's gonna be Lil Bunny Foo Foo! :tongueout

noname
08-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Hmmm... gave me an idea, perhaps it time for me to sew a nice formal dress.

Michelle Ellis
08-01-2006, 03:22 PM
I went as a french maid.

OOOOOOOOoooo she's gonna be Lil Bunny Foo Foo! :tongueout

Close but so far away :p Oh I think I've quite definitely flipped my lid this time...

Lil Bunny Foo Foo! :lol2:

M

Jasmine Ellis
08-01-2006, 03:27 PM
go on let us see

driver8
08-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Hello -- I am new around here but thought I would add my two cents worth.

I am seriously thinking of going out dressed as a figure skater this year. I love the cute little skating dresses with the tan tights that the girls wear. Either that, or a ballerina.

I went as Mary Catherine Gallagher (from Saturday Night Live) a few years ago. I had on a very short plaid skirt...my wife could not believe how hot my legs were!!

MarinaTwelve200
08-01-2006, 04:44 PM
What I want to know is what is the wildest thing you've ever dressed as for halloween? (or other special event)

And were you in a group? I don't have a group to go with, so I'm just curious... This could be my first public outing (outside of my car). Encouragement is welcome too! :p

M

I did a "Gypsy Fortune Teller" in 2004, for my adult sunday school group halloween party. It was the first and only time I ever ventured out in a female costume (including Halloween)

http://www.geocities.com/marina_twelve/Mvera2.jpg

Two things made me do it though---First I wanted to "shake up" the party a bit to inspire more and more creative costumes (costuming was falling off in recent years)---and secondly, I was SO impressed by the costume in a 'dry run" I did some weeks before---I was unrecognizable, I just HAD to show it off despite my misgivings about public CDing--but it WAS halloween.

Needless to say I was a big hit and "made" the party---The ladies ALL wanted me to read their cards, etc. I WON the costume contest too.

It was succesful in its mission too--more people were costumed in 2005--and my great "Mark Twain" outfit only won second prize.

I dont know what I will do THIS year so far---Maybe "Ben Franklin" or "Buffalo Bill"---I cant do the fem thing very often(sigh) folks might think im "funny" if you know what I mean ;)

Michelle Ellis
08-01-2006, 05:11 PM
I went looking on the net for costume parties, I've seen some really creative stuff! Mine is just off the rack... nothing special, but once I saw it I just couldn't take my mind off it LOL :eek:

go on let us see

Oh god, ok ok! Promise not to laugh? Well ok, you don't have to promise... I've gotten enough laughs off it myself :p

Gonna be a Sexy Lil' Miss Muffett (http://www.buycostumes.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12797&PCatID=Search+Results&ccatid=miss%20muffett), got the whole get up, heels, stockings, petticoat, ribbons for my hair... :D

OK, I'm officially embarrassed now! :o :o :o have to say tho, I look a HELL of a lot better than I thought I would :lol2:

M

Sabrinageek
08-01-2006, 05:15 PM
The Wildest thing I've done for Halloween, of course, is that I went out in public for the first time. Like so many, it's one of the few "safe" times you can go out in public and (hopefully) gage the public response with friends, etc.. to find out if you can continue to dress in public.

I went as "Stacey the Stereotypical Goth Girl(tm)." At the time, I had a friend who ran a local hangout/coffeeshop for the 20-somethings in town, and that was the only place I felt comfortable enough to go in public. As it turned out, I wasn't the only one to dress that night, nor was I the only CD'er! However, the place only stayed open for 3 years or so, and after it closed, I no longer had any place close that I felt comfortable going in public, leading to my 8 year-or-so hiatus that I mentioned in my "intro" post.
However, I do have a photo, and it's the only photo of me dressed from that time period. I know I'm going to be completely embarassed, but since the topic fits so well, I guess I -have- to post it. :blushing: (Keep in mind this was at least 8 years ago and my first "real" attempt at dressing, makeup, etc.. -- in other words, be gentle and try not to laugh too hard. ;)

Sabrina

http://mysite.verizon.net/vurtsnake/stacey1.jpg

vbcdgrl
08-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Frankly, I have never had the opportunity to go out, dressed, for Halloween. But, now that I'm retired, I may try to go to this year's parade in West Hollywood.Just as a spectator, not a participant.
And, there's an event called the "Haunt" at Knott's Berry Farm. I understand that is well attended by CDers also.
I don't think I'd dress in a "costume", just normal femme wear. After all, whenever we dress, we are kindof "in costume", right?

Vikki

Bobbie cd
08-01-2006, 09:43 PM
I went as a french maid with very short dress, full petticoat, ruffled panties, fishnet stockings, bra with boobs, and high heels along with a red haired wig. A friend did the makeup and I got alot of attention and offers. Wish I could wear it everyday.

Funny, I was just cleaning house today, and had to dress appropriately. LOL :D

JeanneF
08-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Halloween is definitely my favorite holiday of the year. Every year a bunch of my friends and I do a group costume. Last year we did Cereal Characters, I went as the Cheerios Bee. Other costumes in recent year have been Barf from Spaceballs (in my much fatter days), the Green Lantern (we all went at the Superfriends).

This year, though, I'm going all out. Our theme is going to be rock stars, so I'm going as Britney from the Toxic video, in the stewardess costume. A friend of mine who is awesome at sewing is making it for me. I can't wait :D

leotards
08-01-2006, 10:13 PM
it has always been about halloween for me tights and leotards any kind of superhero i could think of mostly batman

uknowhoo
08-01-2006, 10:13 PM
See Michelle, that wasn't so bad, was it?

Now... let's see the pic of you in it!!

(when you're ready)

xoxo

T

Barb Valentine
08-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh Michelle don't be embarrassed
That is sssoooo cute

Michelle Ellis
08-01-2006, 10:59 PM
See Michelle, that wasn't so bad, was it?

Now... let's see the pic of you in it!!

(when you're ready)

xoxo

T

Oh my gosh!!! :lol2: I can safely say I have never felt sillier in my entire life! :lol2:

I think it may be some time before I'm brave enough for a pic :p But I'm going to take a few at Halloween and see what they look like, but I think I 'might' have something more suitable for a first pic too :D

M

Rita Knight
08-02-2006, 05:56 AM
Hi All,
Since someone else has mentioned the dreaded "H" word, this is to let you know that some of us absolutely abhor Halloween. As for myself, I absolutely adore it. Usually, I am in the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade in Manhattan. For the last few years, I have done Mae West. This year, I am doing Cruella De Vil as an extreme drag queen. I am patiently waiting for a black and white zebra gown I have ordered from Sequin Queen. I have received a huge 1/2 black, 1/2 white big wig from Hollywood Toy and Costume. I already have a full length dalmatian print swing coat. I even have a rather funky pair of 1/2 black, 1/2 white real eyeglasses for Cruella. Once I get the gown, I want to do another photo shoot and makeup lesson at Amanda Richards' True Colors Makeup Artistry. If any other gurls are thinking of doing the Village Halloween Parade, please contact me. For now, I am going to have to play Dr. John's recording of the song "Cruella De Vil" to keep me psyched. One last thing, Bring me the puppies!

Calliope
08-02-2006, 11:09 AM
[...] I'm going as Britney from the Toxic video, in the stewardess costume.

Great choice! (BS is so Sci-fi to begin with - Jetta, Barberella, Astro-Sounds.) Photos please!

Michelle Ellis
08-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Love your costume Priscilla! :D I was looking at that same dress I think...

Love your makeup too :p Thanks for sharing!

M

Khrystyinsd
08-02-2006, 07:58 PM
When I was 14 I wore my mom's wedding dress for Halloween. I am an only child and she had no one to pass her dress on down to so she let me wear it. That was such an awesome Halloween for me.

trannie T
08-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Only 59 more shopping days till halloween. I need more foundation, some lipstick. . . .

Daphne Renee
08-22-2006, 06:02 PM
not real sure what I am going to dress up like on halloween..I have thought of a lot of things.. sometimes it gets quite cold on halloween.. I am thinking maybe a cheerleader or maybe a pink lady from grease.. there are a lot of maybes.. guess I will just have to wait and see how things work out.

Kandi
08-22-2006, 06:45 PM
I have never dressed in drag for halloween. I have always wanted too. Would love to in the future. I once went to a party dressed as a washing machine.
Going in drag would have to be a lot better!

gennee
08-22-2006, 06:49 PM
My Halloween custome is going in drab.

Gennee

:lol:

Fallen Angel
08-23-2006, 10:21 AM
I think its the perfect time of the year for alot of girls to take there firsts steps outside there door.A time wear its socaily acceptable.Most of us started that way, I know i did xxxxxxxx,s

terrigurl
08-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Last Halloween I dressed as a Hooters girl. I went with some CD friends to a local restaurant (Cowtippers) that had a costume contest (I didn't win anything). Afterwards we went to a couple of TG friendly bars for some drinks and just to hang out. It was a very fun evenng. We will probably do something similar again this year.

Where did you find a Hooters costume to fit you? You, like me, are a big girl, and the largest Hooters costume that I have seen is like "medium" or perhaps "large." I wear a misses size 16 or a women's size 2X. They don't come that back, do they?
BTW you look really cute in your costume.

Terri