PDA

View Full Version : shopping and chatting with a GG customer

Adrienne Heels
07-31-2006, 09:50 PM
My girly feelings were spinning out of control again, so I slipped out of work in the morning and went to the mall. Stopped at The Limited and got a pink long sleeve shirt (50% off).

I was walking past Nine West when one of the managers saw me and said hi, so I stopped in. She showed me some new styles that had come in recently and I tried one pair on. Then I was browsing the belts and asked if she had my size in a silver and black one. Customers were coming in and out of the store thoughout this time, and no one seemed to notice me in drab.

Then a lovely blonde walked in in shorts, cami and short sleeve shirt. She was looking at one of the new styles, and when I turned around , she was trying on a lovely white patent peep-toe mary-jane pump.....and I had to say it looked lovely on her. The woman was pleased to hear that so I continued chatting with her. And, believe me, I was in 100% femme mode at that time, even though I was in drab. She also had the shoe in black and I said get both....she joked with me to give her my credit card and then said she was buying 4 pairs today. I told her two was my limit and then I complemented her on her selections. It was so nice chatting like that, like two girls. It didn't bother her at all that I was a CD.

I then said I was leaving before I bought something and the manager said bye, calling me by my guy name.

Before I left the mall, I decided I had to go back and try that shoe. The blonde was still at the counter when I returned and said I wanted to see the pump. the manager got it for me and I was trying it on when the blonde was leaving. She stopped to say goodbye and saw me with the pump on in red patent. She said it looked adorable and I told her I was going to get them. She said "good for you" as she left. I felt like a million bucks...so femmy! And it felt so nice to get a complement like that.

I am very comfortable shopping in drab, but this was one of my most fun experiences yet. That woman was so cool.

Carlacd
07-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks for sharing your story with us. Glad you had a fun time.

missfine
07-31-2006, 10:00 PM
It nice that you wear a shoe style that can be found in most store. Its frustrating to see fashion you like and they dont come larger than size 10. I love high heels.
Fran

Rachel Morley
07-31-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi Karyn,

This is exactly the type of story and encounter that gives me goose bumps. :D Why? because it's happened to me...but only once or twice in my entire life. Being in guy (or girly guy) mode and having this kind of interaction with GGs who you have never met before, just as if it was nothing, is totally awesome and makes you feel so accepted. Although I can't help feeling that perhaps your warm friendly personality had something to do with it too :happy:

Adrienne Heels
07-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Thank you SO much, Angel. It was definitely one of the nicest experiences I ever had....even the manager in Nine West thought that the woman was awesome with me.

I really hope something like this happens again....it was so nice to be accepted by her like that.

It nice that you wear a shoe style that can be found in most store. Its frustrating to see fashion you like and they dont come larger than size 10. I love high heels.
Fran

Fran, Nine West carries size 12 in some styles. Check their website or stop into one of their stores. They are very helpful and can order shoes from another store if needed.