PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing story:

USNguyNskirt
08-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Anyways, I went to Walmart the other day. Was in a little house dress and some denim and wooden sandals. Well my Dog had chewed up the Sandals and tore the rubber piece of the bottom of the heel. No big deal I figured. Anyways went to our HUGE SuperCenter Walmart dressed. Now as most of you know, I dont bother trying to pass, so I was effectively a guy in a dress and people could see that. Anywho, went back to the video game section to pick up what I came in for. Asked the attendant for some help. He got the game for me. Said I would have to pay for it back there. I said no prob. Well u rememebr that rubber piece? Apparently it has a function!!! I took a step forward on the heel without that piece, all my weight on that foot. Needless to say wood and tile has a considerable amount of lack of friction. I fell straight on my *** grabbing a cd rack to keep me from completely falling and sending CD's flying EVERYWHERE. So if everyone wasnt already looking at me for being a guy in a dress, they definitely were looking at me NOW!!!! The attendant just asked if I was alright. (I could see in his eyes he was thinking "thats why guys dont wear heels and dresses moron"), but he said nothing. This should be an encouragement to everyone. Be yourself and to Hades with everyone else.

pinkshelly
08-01-2006, 11:07 AM
so did ya "hobble" over to the shoe department and get some new shoes. sounds like a good enough reson to me.
Huggs, Shelly.

tekla west
08-01-2006, 11:19 AM
The record industry should hire you, at least you can move CDs in the store, they can't move them at all anymore anyplace. I'm glad you have a sense of humor, I think its so important for all of us to keep that at the forefront at all times. And people wonder why I LOVE my chuck taylor all-stars low tops, yeesh. Not too long ago I grazed the pile of cymbals that had been stacked at the edge of the drum riser after the Interpol show sending them crashing to the stage. Needless to say a stack of cymbals makes a mighty noise when they come tumbling down. There was dead quite, everyone looking at me when my boss man said "What's your problem, that's the best they sounded all night."

Shelly Preston
08-01-2006, 11:19 AM
It sounds as if heels would have been safer

Wendy me
08-01-2006, 11:20 AM
did you get the shoes fixed yet??????????

loki_uk
08-01-2006, 11:44 AM
I do have a sneaking admoration for your style, wish I could have the guts to just go shopping like that

Yes I am
08-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Dude, like, what game was it?

Calliope
08-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Like, whoa! You so ROCK, my shining star!

Yes to bravery, yes to humor - what an excellent combination...

A dinner story for the ages!

Jasmine Ellis
08-01-2006, 03:23 PM
wish I was there to see that

noname
08-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Is wearing a skirt without trying to pass really such a big deal? Guess in my mind, women wear pants without thinking about it.

Sarah Rabbit
08-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Tripping the 'Light Fandango' :lol: :lol2:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Teresa Amina
08-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Best part of your story is that you were saved by a CD rack!:D Those other CDs weren't flying but you sure were:D

Barb Valentine
08-01-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm glad to hear that you weren't hurt
But
"grabbing a cd rack to keep me from completely falling and sending CD's flying EVERYWHERE"
I'm sorry but that's funny

admirerplus GG
08-01-2006, 07:07 PM
GuyNSkirt,

I love the double entendre of flying CDs! LOL Fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your very funny story and your great attitude. You Rock!

Michelle Ellis
08-01-2006, 07:31 PM
What a story! Get yourself some new shoes, Pronto! :D Converse are perfect for everyday, I love em, so many colors too.

M

Charleen
08-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Glad that you were not hurt. Flying CDs! what an image! Question though, did you, as our British sisters would put it, show your naughty bits? :D Love and xxxx, Lily

Dee 1062
08-01-2006, 11:05 PM
did you have a wig and makeup on...or did you go just a male in a dress???at least buy some new shoes girl.

Kimberly
08-02-2006, 08:46 AM
(I could see in his eyes he was thinking "thats why guys dont wear heels and dresses moron"), but he said nothing. This should be an encouragement to everyone. Be yourself and to Hades with everyone else.
Hey, I walked better than I ever have in heels my first time out in them a Tescos supermarket!! Not a peep from anyone. And the walking certainly wasn't a problem. I was quite surprised actually. :)

USNguyNskirt
08-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Sorry all I have been busy moving so I hadnt had time to reply. Ill answer them now to the best of my ability
1. Didnt buy new shoes. Money is tight. I did however find the rubber piece that my dog chewed off and nailed it back on to the wooden heel. It is a little chewed up but its on the bottom of the shoe so you dont even see it.
2. as far as the game it was chromehounds for the xbox 360. I actually already owned it but my 360 screwed up my first copy so I had to buy another one :-\
3. As far as wearing a dress and heels without trying to pass a big deal? For some out there it is. There are some who like the clothes and only dress as a female to avoid ridicule and being labeled as "a guy in a dress" (although sometimes even trying to pass, they still get labeled as that and just dont know it). I went out without a wig, without makeup, without breast forms and with a 5 o'clock shadow (woulda been a beard but the navy has it rules :-P ). The point of mentioning it in the story was to let the people that do only dress fully because they are afraid, that they really dont need to be. The second point of it was that, some of the ladies here could EASILY pass out in public and never would because they are too scared to step out the door. If I can do it as a guy in a skirt, a man who can easily pass enfemme should not worry about it. As long as you use discretion no one is gonna beat the crap outta you or anything....and generally, most people mind there business and dont say a word, which was the point of the my story.
4. As far as showing anything, I fell gracefully, thank god and stopped myself halfway down by latching on to the cd rack..
5. I dont usually have a problem walking in heels. I prefer them over "converse" and most GG's will say I can walk better in them than they can. Smooth wood and tile, just dont mix.

Anyways im in the process of gettting out of the Navy (probably more of the reason I have become so emboldened lately). My last day is 11 Aug. I'll be moving back to St Louis MO from NY. Im driving 1800 mile trip. And alot to do before then. So I may not be on very much. If you all need to reach me, my mom knows as does most of my family so when I get to her house, I'll still be able to acess this forum. (THANK GOD). So if you all need me before then, feel free to drop me a PM. Bye for now.

Teresa Amina
08-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Congratulations on getting out of the Navy! It's been 25 years since I was freed and I remember the day (26 May 1981) fondly indeed. Do they still say that NAVY stands for Never Again Volunteer Yourself?:D

Calliope
08-02-2006, 07:54 PM
I'll be moving back to St Louis MO from NY.

Hey, when ya get back to St. Louis, catch Chuck Berry at Blueberry Hill for me, willya?

Celebrate your freedom!

USNguyNskirt
08-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Yes the Navy still stands for Never again volunteer yourself. Most DEFINITELY. People still use that. As far as catching chuck Berry, um your showing your age Daytripper, as I dont even know who Chuck Berry is. (I'm only 22), so since I dont know who he is, I highly doubt I'll be catching that concert. However I will be catching plenty of blues hockey games.