PDA

View Full Version : pierced ears - Did It!

Bobbie cd
08-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi girls,

Just had to share. I finally did it, got my ears pierced.
Fortunately for me, my daughter has worked before as a piercing tech at several tattoo shops, she had no problem doing both ears for me. It only took a few minutes, and wasn't bad at all. Right now I have a pair of small (1/4" x 1/8") sterling silver motorcycles in. I can hardly wait until I can switch for something more feminine. (I see fun with jewelry shopping in my future!):D

Charleen
08-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Alright Bobbie! Good for you!. Had mine done a month ago. Remembr to keep them clean, rotate them twice a day, and keep your hands away other wise, and your hair as well if it's long like mine. That's the advice from the Piercing Pagoda when I got mine done. And yeah, I can hardly wait to be able to change mine out as well, though the small gold balls do look femme for now, but I am also going to leave them in for the six weeks they said to keep them in before changing them out. Bet those scooters in your ears look good. Love and xxxx, Lily

Sarah Rabbit
08-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Wait for the Six week period (it is Worth it!)And should they start to give you problems, use a salt solution, a couple times a day.:D

Sarah R. :bunny:

Calliope
08-01-2006, 10:09 PM
(I see fun with jewelry shopping in my future!)

Oh you've done it now, you opened a bottomless portal.... sigh ....

Scotty
08-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Oh you've done it now, you opened a bottomless portal.... sigh ....

What she said!!

Dee 1062
08-01-2006, 10:37 PM
You go girl...!

Barb Valentine
08-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Good for you
Now are so many choices for you to make
(this is a good thing)

Michelle Ellis
08-01-2006, 10:44 PM
I've always wanted to do that... WTG :)

M

Jena11
08-02-2006, 05:58 AM
Hi, I had a friend take me to the mall when I had it done 2 years ago now. It was somewhat hard at first but well worth it, I got 2 in each ear. I love being able to wear earings, I wish I would have been brave enough to get it done when I was much younger. Jena

Kandi
08-07-2006, 01:19 PM
is there anything avalible for new posts that isn't obvious?

Bobbie cd
08-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Well, my choice was a very tiny pair of motorcyles in sterling silver. They are about 1/8" X 1/4". I've had them in for a week now, only two people appear to have noticed. (At least they are the only ones to even mention it.) One guy at work noticed the first day. A waitress at my favorite restaurant just notice tonight.

As for what other things are available, I know that there are small simple ball piercing studs in gold, silver, or just surgical stainless for really sensitive skin. You might check with the piercing boutiques in your area, I have heard that some have small flesh colored or perhaps clear studs.

tekla west
08-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Well the hard part is over, now its just shopping, shopping and more shopping. Way to go.

Suzzie
08-08-2006, 12:35 AM
I have had mine pierced for about two years now. At first I had the smallest of the small studs and all could barely see them. After six months of them, I went to the birth stones.. They went well with just about everything that i wore. Nice and easy to take out to clean when needed. Two weeks ago I purchased small hoop ear rings and they are great. One half an inch in diameter and they are perfect for all occations. Not too big but not too small for others to miss. At work others have been wearing both since I joined and know one says a word at all. Two ear rings are becoming the norm as of lately. Do others agree?

Love Suzzie Queue

Jasmine Ellis
08-08-2006, 06:20 AM
good for you well done girl. Now, seeing my wife knows about me I think some how I shell try to talk to her her about getting my ears pierced

paulaN
08-08-2006, 06:26 AM
I asked the wife if I could get mine done for my birthday. Answer NO. I wish she would lighten up a bit. but I'm gona keep asken.

Kandi
08-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Pierced ears would be wonderful. I'd really like two holes per ear. If there was only a way to have them sometimes.

Charleen
08-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Well the hard part is over, now its just shopping, shopping and more shopping. Way to go.

Oh, Yeah! My waiting period is almost up:D , and I can't walk by earrings without looking. I decided to wait 'till it's time as if I bought a pair now, it would kill me that I couldn't wear them NOW!:( Love and xxxx, Lily

souperman
08-08-2006, 10:32 AM
I have two I wear diamond studs all the time and love gold hoops

pinkshelly
08-08-2006, 01:29 PM
My ex-wife (who didn't know at the time) thought it would look real manly to have both my ears pierced. I, on the other hand had other motives ha, ha, ha. Now i'm thinking of have it done again (for two in each ear).
I too have a hard time going past Clair's and not brousing, but brousing leads to buying, and buying leads to broke.
Huggs, Shelly.

Ginagirl
08-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Congrats to you

My wife just gave me 2 pairs of glam clip ons from her collection. Her ears are not pierced - I know can you believe it???? Anyway, she has given 4 pairs of earrings do far And I think I'm quite lucky. i do think pierced would be better, but I'm turning 40 soon and if I get them pierced now everyone is sure to figure it a mid life crisis. I have one probably closed up hole from my youth. Their hasn't been an earring in it for years and putting one in wouldn't accomplish anything - i think I'll stick to my clip ons.... oochh.

Sarah Rabbit
08-08-2006, 03:41 PM
good for you well done girl. Now, seeing my wife knows about me I think some how I shell try to talk to her her about getting my ears pierced

Pace your self Hun, don't go in to overdrive too quick yet..You'll get there eventually..

Hugs, Sarah R. :bunny:

Jacqueline
08-08-2006, 11:09 PM
After having my left ear pierced 25 years ago my GF encouraged me to get the right one done as well, feels sooooo nice :-)