PDA

View Full Version : Dear Abby

barbie lanai
08-02-2006, 04:38 AM
Found this in my online newspaper this morning.

DEAR ABBY: Please tell me if I'm going crazy. My husband of 30 years recently admitted that he enjoys wearing my undergarments! At first I was shocked, but now I am over it. We went shopping together and bought him several pairs of panties and a couple of nightgowns. He was in seventh heaven.

Our sex life has never been better and we really are enjoying each other -- but still I wonder. -- MIXED UP IN FLORIDA

DEAR MIXED UP: You are not the first wife who has helped her husband cross-dress, and you won't be the last. He is a transvestite -- someone who enjoys wearing clothing that is traditionally worn by the opposite sex. Because your sex life has "never been better" and you are "really enjoying each other," my advice is to stop "wondering" and appreciate that after 30 years of marriage your husband finally trusted you enough to show you who he really is.

RachelDenise
08-02-2006, 04:51 AM
Ah, the happy ending. If they all worked out like this...........

Felicia
08-02-2006, 05:06 AM
That is a great answer for Dear Abby. She did another one many years ago and in it she did an indepth research as to who most likely are the people that crossdress. Her conclusion was the men in high risk and highly stressful jobs are who she found to be crossdressers. It is a great way to relax by excaping from the real world into a totally different world. The vast majority of them are hetrosexual married men. If you do some Dear Abby rresearch you may fing the one I am refering to. (HUG) Felicia

Kimberly
08-02-2006, 08:38 AM
yay for open-mindedness!

I'd love to have seen the Daily Mail cover that story...

Casey Morgan
08-02-2006, 08:58 AM
I'd love to see the follow-up letters on this one. Oh sure, there will be a few who will tell Abby that her response is totally wrong and she shouldn't encourage Mixed Up. But what will the others say? Personally, and don't get me wrong on this, I hope the responses to this are average volume wise. That I think would be the most telling thing of all.

uknowhoo
08-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Well alright Abby! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the post Barbie. Very refreshigng!

xoxo

Tammi

Sophia Rearen
08-02-2006, 09:16 AM
I read this aloud to my wife from the paper this morning. I applauded Abby's response. My wife said, "he wears them only at home", I disagreed, saying, "he wears them all the time".

Calliope
08-02-2006, 09:22 AM
That is a great answer for Dear Abby. She did another one many years ago and in it she did an indepth research as to who most likely are the people that crossdress. Her conclusion was the men in high risk and highly stressful jobs are who she found to be crossdressers. It is a great way to relax by excaping from the real world into a totally different world.icia

Dear Abby's latest CD column is pretty hip, she's almost up to the late 1980's in her thinking now. The business about the escapism is somewhat derisive, in my opinion; when I want a mind vacation, I'll drop some Vicodin, thanks much - otherwise enfemme is my reality. She did a column in 1997 about what public restroom CDs should use, concluding even those who easily pass should use the men's. What a sourpuss; glad she's loosening up and printed that affirming letter. 30 years could stand a shakeup in any form I bet.

DonnaT
08-02-2006, 03:59 PM
appreciate that after 30 years of marriage your husband finally trusted you enough
Wonder if that sparked an interesting conversation at the dinner table?

Kristen Kelly
08-02-2006, 04:43 PM
My long term GF called me at work, to tell me about this collum, for us it hit home for it was less than a month ago I told her. For me I had to accept myself before I could ask others to accept me, some people take longer than others to accept just who they are.

Sarah Rabbit
08-02-2006, 05:08 PM
With a High Profile Celeb like Abby writing a Positive about Us, Welldone.

Sarah R. :bunny:

Michelle Ellis
08-02-2006, 05:33 PM
First letter at the Dear Abby website too... mixed feelings about it... at least it appears to be a step in the right direction, but I think a response from someone whos been there might have had a different tone.

Hmm, reading it again.... I don't like the fact she labeled him a TV with such conviction... could have been worse tho.

M

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Abby (as well as Miss Manners) has been GLBT-friendly on a number of occasions now.

Rock on Abby!