PDA

View Full Version : Southern girls' advice SVP

Ranee Daze
07-31-2006, 03:52 PM
Summer is a bummer wrt dressing, even up here in The Great White North (Ottawa). Today it is 30 degrees C and the humidex makes it almost 38.
A close shave and makeup really makes my skin break out in this weather to the point where I don't dress until things cool down in September.

Any tips from you American gals on cover foundations which don't melt off in the heat and humidity.

How do all you Texans, Arizonans and Californians etc. manage?

NewbieCD
07-31-2006, 04:00 PM
I do not know much but i know kinda how you feel I live in Kentucky it gets hot here to always has a high humidity. Before you put on your makeup try using a good vitamin A face lotion only thing that helps it to stay on is lots of powder. If it is breaking you out real bad try get some hypo allergenic makeups or you can try Bare Naturale from Loreal it is like a good fondation and powder in one hides flaws really well does not sweat right off. Also it is pretty light so your skin does not get as hot.

DonnaT
07-31-2006, 06:30 PM
I've not tried it, but I've heard that a quick mist of hair spray will set the makeup so it won't melt off.

NewbieCD
07-31-2006, 11:55 PM
Be careful with that Wifey said it can male you face break out more.

Julogden
08-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Hi Ranee,

I just got this product, haven't given it a proper try yet, but it supposedly does a decent job of cutting down on sweating.

It's essentially a clear liquid anti-perspirant for your face, and you apply it with a cotton ball before doing your makeup.

See http://www.stagesupply.com/cat--ProFACE-No-Sweat-Skin-Prep--PF1e_PFNoSweatSkinPrep.html

I heard about it in another TG group.

:hugs: Carol

Ranee Daze
08-02-2006, 11:11 AM
One of the reasons I don't dress in the summer is that I sweat easily and even up here in "The Great White North" this summer has been a blast (furnace). What sort of foundation do you southern gals use in the heat and humidity that doesn't slide off of your face and drip down onto your perfectly taped cleavage?

Calliope
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I think summer is great. Summer clothes are marvy! Less is more (more or less) is the rule with makeup, though. I find Neutrogena liquid makeup is OK in the heat. Baby powder, not much else. Either reduce or it's bondage to the a/c.

Melanie R
08-02-2006, 01:17 PM
In Texas us Texas girls living now with 95+ degrees and 100% humidity every days stay in our air conditioned cars, homes and stores. Outside your makeup will melt in 15 minutes. Only 50 more days of this heat to go!

Hugs,

Melanie

Olivia
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM
In Texas us Texas girls living now with 95+ degrees and 100% humidity every days stay in our air conditioned cars, homes and stores. Outside your makeup will melt in 15 minutes. Only 50 more days of this heat to go!

Hugs,

Melanie

Hehe, It's always good to see an optimist! We're fast approaching the need for year-round airconditioning in Texas girls. Why, summer only lasts from April to November now :rolleyes:. Olivia

Phoebe Reece
08-02-2006, 09:02 PM
I use Cover Girl Continuous Wear foundation. It's great for sensitive skin and it doesn't run when you sweat.

Ranee Daze
08-04-2006, 02:33 PM
for the tips ladies....Keep them coming!

GG Vanya
08-04-2006, 03:24 PM
OK, it's hotter than mud bugs in the gumbo pot here in Cajun Country, sooooo
I think I'm qualified to respond to this one:

I use a "base" made by Bare Escentuals. It is a natural product made of minerals, and comes in powder form. Before you start thinking: yeah, but that won't cover my beard, think again! I am amazed at how well it covers. (I tested it on Trudi's face.)

Because it's a mineral, the skin breathes through it, and because it's a powder, it doesn't melt and slide off.

Their product is sold primarily online. I don't have the link, but you can Google and find them. They are based in San Francisco and carry an entire line of facial products. I highly recommend their product in hot humid climes.

Scotty
08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Summer is a bummer wrt dressing, even up here in The Great White North (Ottawa). Today it is 30 degrees C and the humidex makes it almost 38.

Wow, that's 106........double and add 30 right? Whew that's hot!

It's going to be 80 here, or 25C, wish it would warm up somewhat, I got used to that 32C temperature stuff.

I'm thinking make-up will probably not do too well in that heat though, whew.....

KathlyLC
08-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Estee Lauder Double Coverage is super when it comes to being able to withstand sweating etc. Its light as well. You can sweat and blot the sweat off without taking off the foundation. I use water proof masscara, and eyeliner as well, and the long stay lipstick thats good for a long long time. Things stay pretty well in the hot humid deepsouth.