PDA

View Full Version : bras in society

princessmichelle
08-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Hi all,

I want to share three daydreams/questions about men wearing bras (I wish society would accept it more):

1) Is it becoming more acceptable for men to wear bras because of medical issues like gynecomastia?

2) Between gynecomastia and cds, will we ever see a Playtex or Maidenform or whoever "bra for men" Walmart display or television ad? If one of the famous, brand name bra companies marketed to men would the bra be less appealing to me/us as cds?

3) Are men & women equally hostile to men wearing bras?

princessmichelle

loki_uk
08-02-2006, 02:36 PM
I bet any bra for men, they'd just ditch the lace and charge double the price :(

Butterfly Bill
08-02-2006, 02:50 PM
I would imagine "bras for men" would be as successful as Man-ties (IOW not much) CDs wouldn't like them, because they want to wear women's clothes. Other men wouldn't want them, because they don't have boobs that bounce too much if they don't. There might be a niche market for gynecomasts, but not too terribly profitable.

Jasmine Ellis
08-02-2006, 02:55 PM
don't know but I bet you they wouldn't be lace ones or as beaty

Marla S
08-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Men will rather bind their "breast" or go to a surgeon than wearing bras.
Don't forget about the "power" of the urge to be manly.

Teresa Amina
08-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Better bet would be those binders the FtM guys use.:D Gynecomastia patients aren't usually happy about their boobs and would want to hide them.
As for us don't we do this because we like pretty girly stuff?

Charleen
08-02-2006, 03:03 PM
1) No 2)No 3)Yes Love and xxxx, Lily

loki_uk
08-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Men will rather bind their "breast" or go to a surgeon than wearing bras.
Don't forget about the "power" of the urge to be manly.

I wouldn't know the nearest I get is being competitive playing video games with my son, whats the point of wearing bra if it doesn't look girly lol

Melissa A.
08-02-2006, 03:55 PM
whats the point of wearing bra if it doesn't look girly lol

Hey hey, ho ho, I refuse to wear a "Bro".

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

cath
08-02-2006, 04:32 PM
You can have them. From a GG I hate the things but unfortunatly cant get away without wearing one.

bobby_hansen
08-02-2006, 05:32 PM
What I want to know is with all of the "hormones" in today's food, I wonder if men will end up evolving to grow breasts. That is if the incident rate of gyno is increasing, then does that point to a trend that we're evolving?

Think about that for a while. I mean, look at girls that are 8 years old that are growing breasts now. I can tell you that when I went through elementary/junior high, there weren't that many girls with "big" breasts. Now it's almost commonplace it seems. If our food* is affecting girls at an ever increasingly early age, then how can that not affect the male gender as well?

* That is if you buy into this argument that food is a contributor (at least in part) to earlier puberty...

gennee
08-02-2006, 07:58 PM
I wear bras. My wife wants me to buy her some.

Gennee

:D

Barb Valentine
08-02-2006, 08:04 PM
I think if they made a bra for men
I don't think it would be the same
Maybe just too macho

psdibe
08-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Wearing a bra is one of the things that makes me feel more feminite. I wear one every day I can. I have gotten to the point that there are daays that I don't even remeber that i am wearing one. This is the point I want to get to, wearing panties, a bra and stockings when it is cool enough and have it be natural.

Lexi
08-02-2006, 09:28 PM

Hugs,

I think it should be called a Manzeer Melissa.:D

Carroll
08-03-2006, 07:47 AM

Hugs,

HA!, a quote from a Senifeld episode!

Karren H
08-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Bet if you stamped NASCAR on a bra and put the car number across each breast. Maybe a few flames and one of those naked girl silhouette like you see on redneck guys truck mudflaps that you'd have every nascar nut wearing a bra in a heartbeat. Hehehe

Official bra of NASCAR!! Get yours at your local autoparts dealer, in the isle betweer the pine scent air freshner and the lugnut wrenches.

Love Karren

Jenny Beth
08-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Bet if you stamped NASCAR on a bra and put the car number across each breast. Maybe a few flames and one of those naked girl silhouette like you see on redneck guys truck mudflaps that you'd have every nascar nut wearing a bra in a heartbeat. Hehehe

Official bra of NASCAR!! Get yours at your local autoparts dealer, in the isle betweer the pine scent air freshner and the lugnut wrenches.

Love Karren

Let's see!.....the 38D car sponsored by Victoria's Secrets driven by (Tony Stewart???) I think with the paint scheme there's be a lot of drivers in the wall from lack of attention....:heehee: Of course they'd all be striving to win the Playtex Cup Championship!

flatlander_48
08-03-2006, 09:18 AM

That would be Lugnut Wenches...

swiss_susan
08-03-2006, 09:55 AM
nowdays there are women drivers so why not cds in the pits. equal opportunity, lol

Susan

Karren H
08-03-2006, 10:27 AM
nowdays there are women drivers so why not cds in the pits. equal opportunity, lol

Susan

Sign me up for the Victoria Secret pit crew!!

I'll even work for lingerie....:D

Love Karren

avawho
08-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah we can always hope, but I am afraid for sometime yet to come the marketing gurus will not see enough of a sales base to make the move to ever satisfy our wants... Just remember when skirts for guys were introduced?

Besides with our luck they would make em as utilitarian as combat boots...

Cheers
Ava

Tiffany 1953
08-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Well from the "Queen City" Which happens to be the birthplace of NASCAR or so they say, Why not you can get panties and bras with numbers on them already, A Sports bra is my favorite undergarment in the fall/winter anyway. Plus lots of those huge hunks of beer enriched NASCAR beefcakes could uses some support. Sheesh some have more than enough, C's going on D's.

Would all men’s bras have to be front hook????? Tiffany

Karren H
08-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Would all men’s bras have to be front hook????? Tiffany

Nahhh, like mens underwear once on they rarely need to be removed or changed!! And if the cups could also act as beer can holders..... that would be a real selling point!!

"Hey Bubba...looks like you got a whole six pack in there!! Give me one of them suckers!!". "Git your hands of my #*/$*!!#*...."

Love Karren

Kimberly
08-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Let's face it, Princess... We wear bras because of their status as a gender icon, not because of the neccessity to hold anything up.

Manbra? No. (Though there is such thing as a "manbra" -- but its for women.)

HaleyPink2000
08-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Hmmm? Karren???? Ur to cool!!!:)

OK bras for men, lets think on that one sec, brain storming here.
Ok got it! 0.02

TV Comercial on Station "TVTG"
Here you find John, a normal male stuck in a rut with a bad tire on his car. “ Now the TV Camera pans to the tire” low in air pressure. Johnny takes out of his shirt a brand new invention. A breast pump kit for emergency road assistance. In the kit the “ camera pans the ground with all the kit pieces” is a new fast action pump made just for men or women. The air Bra. Just put on the Bra and hook the cord to the deflated tire. By simply doing several girl or boy pushups the tire inflates rapidly. The only thing is, you have to make breast contact to the ground each time you go down. This innovative invention is only sold on TV! Oh, and wait the car jack is also ran by the same device. Simply slide the optional air bag under the car and do 25 pushups, Wa La your car or light truck is high enough to get the tire off safely. Tire gauge option sold separately.:heehee:

HaleyPink2000
08-03-2006, 04:26 PM
TV Commercial on Station "TVTG"
Here you find John, a normal male driving down a nice 2 lane road. “ Camera pans the front view from the car”. Narator says: When suddenly the worst thing happens. A car hits John from the side! Immediately his newly purchased safety equipment kicks in.. The latest in safety “ The Air Bra”! Once shaken or jarred past normal human limitations
“estimated by US standards”. “ Announcer drops to a more normal relaxed voice”.
This device inflates to many times its normal size in a 360deg horizontal area. Totally protecting the wearer. No need to worry, it deflates after 30 seconds. Allowing you to return to normal mobility. Or sooner if needed. You preset the deflation timing to your needs.

As an added feature we give you the optional “ Fall on your Axx” switch kit, for those icy parking lots. This kit inflates under you, to protect your bottom from damage. Air refills sold separately, available upon request for only a small fee. :heehee:

janedoe311
10-06-2006, 01:24 PM
There are gynecomastia support garments at
http://www.morrisdesigns.com/gv.htm

Other than that most guys I have seen on forums say they wear a sports bra, the more support it has the more it holds them “close” so they show less.

Some men have worn them for all their life because they are big and hurt without a bra. They say that mostly the do not show when they wear big shirts.

By the way costs more to reduce the breasts even in men. It is not covered by insurance unless you can show it causing emotions distress and most insurance compnays will not pay for that either.

Also reductions is more risky (blunders, pain for months sometimes years etc) than having implants.

But is would be nice if this society accepted men in bras or breasts.
Do not hold your breath though.

bgirl
10-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Wearing a bra is just one more thing I do that I don,t understand because I don"t need one. But I enjoy wearing bras so I do.

noname
10-06-2006, 01:53 PM
You can have them. From a GG I hate the things but unfortunatly cant get away without wearing one.

I agree. I've never worn one, and I can't see them being comfortable, so really there is no point to having one. Well, unless your trying to pass.

Maureen Henley
10-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Sign me up for the Victoria Secret pit crew!!

I'll even work for lingerie....:D

Love Karren

Karren, here's their car!

SherriePall
10-06-2006, 05:09 PM
How did I miss this thread the first time around? Carroll, I believe, already beat me to the Kramer thing "manbra" for George's father on Seinfeld. And Karren now has a NASCAR team to support (ohhh, did I make a funny there?) thanks to Maureen's research. So, I guess everyone is now kept abreast of everything and I will sign off.

Snookums
10-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi all,

I want to share three daydreams/questions about men wearing bras (I wish society would accept it more):

1) Is it becoming more acceptable for men to wear bras because of medical issues like gynecomastia?

2) Between gynecomastia and cds, will we ever see a Playtex or Maidenform or whoever "bra for men" Walmart display or television ad? If one of the famous, brand name bra companies marketed to men would the bra be less appealing to me/us as cds?

princessmichelle
GG's wear bras,men wear bros,ask Kramer:rofl:

trannie T
10-07-2006, 12:34 AM
Do you think that the straps on a "man bra" might stay up better?

Kate Simmons
10-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Bras are restrictive anyway. Ask any woman. Who desigined this stuff anyway? Some MAN I suppose who never bothered to ask women about it.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Trina82
10-08-2006, 08:48 PM

Probably.

If so, it'll probably be squashed by those opposed to such a "horrid" thing. (See rant below)

I doubt it, personally.

Okay, so the rant... Our culture is so unbalanced! Women have been wearing men's clothing for ages. I may only be 24, but I can still say that! :tongueout

Anywho, walk around your town a few times. Pay attention to the number of women who are wearing blue jeans, flannel shirts, and baseball caps. Now, compare that to the number of men you saw in the same span wearing dresses, camisoles, or breastforms. Can you think of any reason why it is unacceptable for a woman to be dressed the way she is, by society's standards? Likewise, can you think of any reason for a man to be dressed the way I described to be protested?

That's really the thing that "gets my goat". I choose to wear women's underwear because I like the feel of wearing it. Is there any problem with that? Sure, I don't need the support in my chest, but I like wearing a bra. And as for the panties, what business is it of anyone else that I like the feel of lace?

My entire family is close-minded to the thought of CD'ing, and it irks me to no end. Especially since my mother wears a long flannel shirt out of the men's department instead of a nightgown. Or the fact that when I had (unworn) boxer shorts to get rid of, my sisters argued over who actually ended up with them.

Since my family is against it, I don't force them to see me with my shirt stuffed. Nor do I talk about my hobby around them. They don't accept it and I don't want to forcefully expose them to it.

shae
10-09-2006, 08:30 PM
What I want to know is with all of the "hormones" in today's food... affecting girls at an ever increasingly early age, then how can that not affect the male gender as well?

Yes, and of course estrogens wending their way back into the water supply, courtesy of femmes on birth-control peeing it out, and the increased prevalence of such goodies as aspartame sweeteners and polyvinyl-chloride esters - yup, the male part of our race is starting to show increased infertility, the little girls have tiny hips and will birth only through C-section, more and more chemistry showing up in placental cords... *sigh*

There's still hyper-masculinity, but I sure am seeing a lot of lightly-built boys these days.

And on the original thread, I know of two males with gynecomastia; both are crossdressers, one is a typical male-a**hole, the other is a Buddhist, I envy both of them their cleavage , but don't mind not having real breasts...

Have fun,
Shae

http://www.tic.ab.ca/~shae/

wabnaok
10-10-2006, 09:32 AM
I have been wearing a bra regularly now for awhile and really like it. I look forward to having it on. I wish I could wear it openly in public, but I am not there yet. I fortunately have a wife that supports it. She agrees that society is not ready for it.

wabnaok
10-10-2006, 09:50 AM
I wear a sports bra when exercising for support. I admit I used to like it because it would keep them from showing as most guys did with gynecomastia. I did see a doctor about having them reduced, but I could not bring myself to do it. After opening up to my wife, the best thing I ever did, I realize I like having them, I like the way they feel, and I really like underwires! Crazy I guess, but I feel like I have something very personal that I share with female population.

Any other guys out there feel this way?

princessmichelle
10-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi,

Part of my inspiration for starting this thread was that I've begun to notice breast bounce when I jog, which is relieved by a discreet sport bra. I was delighted by this-finally an excuse to wear a bra in public.

The catch is that I've worn traditional bras in private for years, always wishing I had breasts to fill them. Oh to wear a Playtex or Maidenform to work!

Yes, I agree that most of the appeal of wearing bras is that they are designed for women-a bra marketed to men would not be appealing.

In sorority,

Princessmichelle

Vivian Best
10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
It would go over about like the manihose of 25 years ago. Got a lot of attention and laughs and went the way of really bad jokes.

princessmichelle
10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi,

The racecar pictured above is adorable! :love:

It would get me interested in car racing, something I never thought possible!

Princessmichelle