PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name?

ClosetCD
08-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Hi Girls,

I am very new to this forum. See my bio in the introductions section titled One small step for a man.

As you may read I have been in the closet all my life and just recently came out, if only in this forum. Since, until now, I did not have to present my fem side to anyone else in the world I never really gave her (me) a name. I knew privatly who and what I was and that it was still me en femme. Just another part of being me. But I see that most of you here have chosen such lovely names to identify your fem side to the rest of the world (and maybe to yourself as well).

This came to light for me when I signed up for this forum and had to choose a screen name. I sat there for several minutes with the curser in the box having no clue what to type in it. Even though I feel it is time to christen my fem side I still have no clue what that name will be. I have thought of several nice names but a lot of them already belong to GG freinds or aquaintances. Psycologically, those names belong to them and not the fem me. If I were to use any of those names for myself, everytime I used it I would think of them and not me. I guess that's what keeps psycologists in business.

So my question to the group is how did you come up with your fem name? Maybe I can get a clue as to how to give a name to my fem me by your answers.

Thanks for helping out the newbie.

ClosetCD :bighug: :love:

noname
08-03-2006, 12:30 AM
I don't have a fem name, nor do I intend to get one.

nibel
08-03-2006, 12:45 AM
I don't like the concept of another name, since I'm the same person... could be strange if someone call you when you are in CD mode by a male name BUT... in my case that will never happen! (my CD is not meant to be public)

As for Nibel... it's just a nickname... it cames from old norse and means "mist".

sandra-leigh
08-03-2006, 01:00 AM
So my question to the group is how did you come up with your fem name?

There was a recent well-attended thread about where people got their names. Please see,

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36020

Calliope
08-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Pretty arbitrary - I was havin' a laugh hearing the easy-listening Hollyridge Strings do 'Day Tripper,' then I found the Nancy Sinatra version (gasp) ... I don't really buy into the fem name thing; after all, I have to respond to the name on my credit card when I'm out (enfemme) buying skirts and stuff ... there's a lot of great names I could assume, I've been lucky to have known some incredible ladies ... but, ultimately, I use my birth name on the street and, online, I've always used one glib handle or another ... choose what your heart likes.

Michelle Ellis
08-03-2006, 02:57 AM
I chose Michelle when I was very young... it was prettier than my male name, I just identified with it.

M

Imogen_Mann
08-03-2006, 03:45 AM
I chose Caroline first, many years ago when I was 4 (true) and stuck with that for a long time, 19 years later in fact, I met my ex, a truly wondefull girl (still is, just sadly not in my bed now) and after I told her about Caroline, she was cool with it but asked me to change my name for her to Fiona (She had her reasons), which I stuck with for the duration of our 13 year relationship. When she left, Fiona left too. I reverted to Caroline for a while, but realised I have a name, I identify with it, everyone calls me by it and I answer to it... It's handy that with just a subtle change of spelling... Jayme was born, and with the name, a sudden huge boost of self confidence and self identity.

Thats how I got here.

XX

Jayme.

Kristen Kelly
08-03-2006, 03:58 AM
As crazy as it sounds my name started with a monogram (KLK) Kristen Loretta Kelly. Kristen I always liked the name, Loretta from the beatles song "Get Back" even though my mother's middle name is Loretta too, Kelly, I have a little Irsh on my mom's side and normally don't reconize it as I didn't Kristen for the longest time.

DanaJ
08-03-2006, 05:09 AM
There was a recent well-attended thread about where people got their names. Please see,

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36020
Since we have a thread about this subject, this thread is now closed. Please visit http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36020 to discuss how and where your name came from - thanks :)