PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hate summer sometimes?

Ms. Laura
08-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like summer better than winter, Golf, the old car, etc. However, it's just impossible to dress. I don't know if you UK gals have this problem as much, but in the US northeast, our houses rarely have central AC. Mine was built in 1860 and definitely does not, just a couple of window units.

Wigs are just too hot. It's frustrating waiting for that cool day, that just happens to coincide with a day with no plans, which coincides with a day that my wife is able to watch the baby, etc.!

She just let me get a very pretty skirt/summer sweater combo at Kohl's too! I'm dying to try it on.

Just looking for commiseration, no point really, you can't change the weather!

Whoops, sorry, Ranee Daze already started a similar topic. Read BEFORE Posting Laura.

Wendy me
08-03-2006, 07:27 AM
me i love summer and all the heat.... i have my own hair long and thats hot in the summer time but well worth the trouble... i keep the a/c cranked up in the house . outside working in the yard it's short shorts or a little skirt and a tank top ... no bra .. and in the pool lets just say there is no tan lines on me.....

Carroll
08-03-2006, 07:29 AM
I havent dressed in a few days because of the heat.

PattiL
08-03-2006, 07:44 AM
Even with AC, I'm not a big fan of summer. It's been 100 degrees here for the last three days (which is unusual). As a result, I have no desire to dress :(

S. Lisa Smith
08-03-2006, 07:55 AM
Lisa is on Summer break. I can't wait for October!

Stephenie S
08-03-2006, 07:58 AM
I enjoy the summer more, my clothes are lighter, more filmy and feminine, the breeze swirls my skirt easier, I am not weighed down with a heavy coat. I can just wear much less. I like the bare legs of summer (wish I could tan better though) lighter shoes, no pantyhose (ugh), light strappy tops.

And . . . I HATE shoveling snow!!!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Karren H
08-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Loath is a better word. :D. For numerous reasons.

1) I have to fuzz up to pass as a male in shorts for family vacations and such.

B) Too damn hot for makeup!!

III) Can't wear as many fem clothes in the summer as you can in the winter!!

4) Silicone melts at what temperature?

V) Icey cold air up your skirt is much more enjoyable than a flaming hot blast!

6) Wearing a sun dress I look like a guy in a sun dress!!

G) Wet wigs are no fun unless your swimming or in the shower!!

Love Karren

windycissy
08-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Here's my little way of coping with Global Warming:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d623b3127cce8bb238589bab00000036108IatWLlw0aW

Windy

Lindahexi
08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
I prefer the cooler weather, here in the UK we're having a heatwave and frankly I hate it. Give me Spring, Fall or winter and I'll be happy dressing and making up, but once the mercury shows 90f plus I find I stop. I still have the mental desire to dress, but make do with panties under my drab shorts.

Windy, you look so cool, and SOOO KOOL girl, very nice pic.

Hugs,

Linda.

seanmc
08-03-2006, 09:11 AM
I don't like the summer months either. Since I'm a fan of fall and winter fashions more so than summer, I tend not to dress very little if at all during the summer months.

Daintre
08-03-2006, 09:42 AM
I am a fan of the fall and winter months, not because of the clothes involved but it is the fact that it is more comfortable wearing them when it is cool. I find that my dressing really lessens in the summer

Anita Mae GG
08-03-2006, 02:04 PM
I hate being sticky!! I hate sweating and my long hair sticky to me. The bra is not too fun either, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do right. Been VERY hot here and just keeping the kids in and cool with the a/c. I personally love Fall for the coolness and the foliage! not a huge summer/winter fan....like spring and fall. Could deal with that ALL year!

Lissa Stevens
08-03-2006, 03:00 PM
I love the summer even the heat. I get to wear strappy little sandals, have my tanned legs bare and wear tank tops. In the winter I can wear other things but at work I have to plow snow, sometimes all nite in the blowing cold. We have to keep the hospital open.

elizabeth nicole
08-03-2006, 03:15 PM
What is heat,here in Texas it is rather cool right now only 103.this is our 22 day out ouf 26 that it has been over 101. I love it low humidity.makeup does not run no sweat,no grasss to cut. But then it has not rained in 37 days so the grass is not growing and who is crazy enough to go out in it.just stay inside after work and femme out benny of being single and having an understanding GF.I wish it was fall or winter..

myMichelle
08-03-2006, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=Tammy Marie GG;519512]I hate being sticky!! I The bra is not too fun either, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do right.

As long as you're just at home with the kids, you could always loose the bra. Nobody would see you. My next door neighbor (GG) is totally amazed that I wear a bra as she never wears one in the summertime unless she's going out to run errands, etc. She gets the biggest kick out of watching me...

Siobhan Marie
08-03-2006, 04:35 PM
I hate the summer. My feet swell up and I can't wear my lovely heels and I lose the urge to dress because its too damned hot. Like one of the other girls, I make do with wearing panties under my drab clothes. Roll on the cooler months!!

:hugs: Anna x

Janice Ashton
08-03-2006, 04:37 PM
As much as I love the sun and the summer (watch out for the strap marks when tanning) It has to be the winter and dark nights for me, It's cooler under the hairpiece and better in the shaddows, as most people on a cold dark night don't pay as much attention to you walking down the street, (except the gangs of kids! take care there!). Travelling in the car (except for headlights) is easier also. I would say for all those TV's / CD's I know most of the activity (in the UK) is based on the Autumn and Winter nights, can't speak for the US? Hate Snow anyway! Coat gloves and scarf, mixing with the crowds at Firework Displays, Laser Light Shows etc. Much easier than trying to hide the seven o'clock shaddow with loads of make-up in the Summer.
Anyway it's just my view I'm sure others may have different choices.
Best wishes Louise x

Kristen Kelly
08-03-2006, 05:22 PM
I was never a big fan of Summer, but this year I'm total smooth and loving it. Went rollerblading enfem, wish I had my camera loved the look Dasiy Dukes, knee pads, Blond hair sticking out of the helmet, and my sun glasses on, bladeing down the streets in Belmar (Jersey Shore). They were honking the horns as they went by, and I was loving it.

Jesse69
08-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Anything over 78F and it's too hot for a nice skirt suit with hose.

Scotty
08-03-2006, 05:45 PM
I just wear my shorts and tanks!!

Oh and a bikini sometimes, waiting for someone to come pick something up so I can slip into my bikini and get back oiut for some tanning.

Now don't get me wrong, I've had 100 degree heat for a few weeks this summer, but it's only like 74 and sunny here right now, and I'm coming down with something because it gets to the low 50's at night.......I'd rather have some summer before fall gets here, coldest July I can remember :(

Butterfly Bill
08-03-2006, 05:53 PM
LOVE summertime, breezy rayon time. Here in the Great Plains high temperatures are usually accompanied by strong winds, and if you stay in the shade it can even be pleasant.

Sharon
08-03-2006, 06:15 PM
I looooooove summer, although, just to be picky, I would prefer something less than the 98 to 100F degree weather we've had for the past week. Love bare legs -- Love skimpy tops -- Love sandals -- Love not having to wear layers upon layers -- And I love inhaling pints of ice cream when it tastes the most refreshing. :D

TVShannon
08-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Its tough to shave in summer too. Especially when you own your own pool!

SherriePall
08-03-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm not that keen on summer as I once was. I mean I wait all winter for it to come around so I can do all those summer things (including cheering for the Yankees), but it does put a damper on dressing. Even with ceiling fans in the house, the high temperatures dampen everything up, including those nice pantyhose. Ask me again in November when I can dress however, but I'll be complaining about how cold it got all of a sudden.

Teresa Amina
08-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Global Heating is getting tough to take! I think I hate summer almost all the time. Occaisionally a nice cool front will go through like now but it's still 80 and I prefer it 65-70f.

Khriss
08-04-2006, 02:18 AM
... Fall fan realy ..layered dressing , outerwear, boots and less perspiration !? but summer comes once a year so ..learn and adapt..seek "AC" or cooler climes ...eh ?? hehe xx"K"

Lisa Golightly
08-04-2006, 02:28 AM
Summer's great... clothes are sooooooo easy... hmmmmmmm let's see... bikini :)

Melanie
08-04-2006, 02:39 AM
When I was younger and we had more normal type summers I used to love it,it wasn't as bizarre as it now is with all these freak heat waves.Besides when I was young I couldn't even imagine going out 'en femme"!.

I'm going to attempt to go out this weekend wondering how hot its going to be?.......

I don"t want to look like a melting wax figure from Madame Tusaud's or for that matter an Alice Cooper clone with running eye makeup,lol!

Hugs girls,

Melanie :hugs:

Michelle Ellis
08-04-2006, 02:52 AM
Well.... summer is my favorite time :) nice weather, summer clothes, it's light all day... you know, now I feel like hitting the beach, oh... it's 1am... (sigh)

M

Lotte L
08-04-2006, 03:00 AM
Hi Girlls,

Last five weeks in Europe were hot. The only thing I weare is womensshorts and nailpolish. Now it's a lot cooler and lots of rain, last night over 3 cm. Now I weare womensshorts, my cashmere pullover and a bra ofcourse.

Love,
Lotte

Joy Carter
08-04-2006, 03:07 AM
Anything over seventy and I'm hot. I see these GG's dressed layered in summer what's up with that +? I'd love to ware summer clothes but I need make up so not to sacre the children.:eek: . just to damed hot !

denese013
08-04-2006, 03:49 AM
I have one big problem with summer.The heat seams to take a toll on my old body,takes the iron in my blood and turns it into lead in my ass.:eek:

Ms. Laura
08-04-2006, 08:42 PM
OK, I think that by majority we have it! Yep, summer sucks for crossdressers. If I could feel womanly all bare, maybe it would be better but as Karen says, I look like a guy in a sundress.

Thanks for the comiseration, I'm not alone.

MistyCD
08-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Lets see, it was in the high 90's to about 104 this past week in New Jersey....yeah I'd say we all hate the summer some times !!!

Jasmine Ellis
08-05-2006, 05:56 AM
I love the summer but hate the heat that gose with it.