PDA

View Full Version : Weekend with my son!

Stephanie Kay
08-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi, girls,

I had a wonder-full time with my son (Jeremy) and daughter-in-law (Tracy)this weekend. It was the first time they had ever met Stephanie in person. I had told them about my CDing about 10 years ago and showed them a couple pictures a year ago. They invited me to visit them in Rochester, MN, during LBGT Pridefest last weekend. I was a little nervous. I spent all week getting ready—bought two new outfits!! I wanted to look nice, but I didn't want anything significant to change between us--father and son stuff. My son is 30 yo. I spent about 3 hours getting ready--painting toenails and fingernails, getting make-up perfect, touching up my summer cotton skirt and Tshirt with the iron. I wanted to look as feminine as possible, but comfortable and natural for the hot weather (it was 100 degrees!!). I had them come to pick me up at my hotel to go to the big drag show at another downtown hotel. I got all ready and had a few minutes to kill so I took a couple of pictures of my new outfit. Then there was a knock on the door. This was it!! I took a deep breath and opened the door. They both greeted me with big grins!! Then the ooohs and ahhs came as they looked me over. Tracy complimented me on my outfit and make-up. Jeremy was a bit embarrassed :o by my nipples showing through my bra and T--I was secretly thrilled:D !! I grabbed my purse and we jumped in the car and made it to the drag show where they introduced me to many of their friends--"This is Stephanie--My Dad!" More oohhs and ahhs and smiles and warm welcomes!! I was in heaven!! We shared drinks and fun all evening. After the show they dropped me off at the hotel with big hugs. I slipped into my nightie and slept a very satisfied and happy sleep that night.

But the weekend wasn't over. The next morning I got dressed casually in my capris, orange sherbet T, and sandals and accompanied Jeremy to the farmer's market, the local art center, and the bead shop where Tracy works. It was so hot though that I shriveled pretty fast and we high-tailed it back to the cool hotel room for the afternoon. We chatted the afternoon away about my desires to crossdress. He asked me loads of questions and enjoyed the discussion!! He is such a sweet, supportive son!! Then I took them both out to a nice restaurant for dinner. I wore my sexiest, slinkiest black skirt and red top. Yes, I was showing off and they both loved it! I felt so natural and so loved!!

My kids are not frightened by diversity and are interested in celebrating different life paths. In fact, Tracy invited me to come back soon for a girl’s day out. She’s worked in the theatre for many years on make-up, hair, and costume design (she designs costumes for a number of local drag queens) and wants to do a makeover for me with tips and suggestions for my wigs and outfits and then do some shopping together. Wow, that will be great fun!!

I better stop now. I apologize for not taking many pictures. For some reason I just didn’t get any of us together (Mmmm, maybe that was for the best!?). They got a picture of all three of us and I will post that soon. Here are a couple of pictures of me in my new outfits. I have lots of sweet memories of a terrific weekend!!

Sarah Rabbit
08-03-2006, 04:55 PM
That was totally Awesome. I'm so happy for you..Don't forget the camera for the Girls Day Out:bs:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Breanne
08-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Awesome! What a terrific experience that must have been. I'm so glad for you and your son and daughter-in-law.

Jenna1561
08-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Stephanie,

Sounds like a great weekend. I am truly happy and delighted for you and your family. I see great relationships that will only get better. You are one lucky girl and Jeremy and Tracy are a lucky couple to have you.

Jenna

PS - you look really happy in the photos and I really like the middle photo - you look great.

Carlacd
08-03-2006, 06:46 PM
So happy for you that everything went well. Sounds like your son and daughter in-law accepted you with open arms.:happy:

Kaitlyn Michele
08-03-2006, 06:47 PM
wow stephanie - that sounds wonderful!! i feel very happy for you and your smile in those pictures says it all!!!!

hugs

michele

Sally24
08-03-2006, 06:52 PM
That's great Stephanie! It's nice that we get to hear the good family outcomes like yours. You seem to have a really good hearted son and I'm very happy for you. Enjoy all your times together, they are what make life worth living.

Sally

Wenda
08-03-2006, 06:55 PM
You post almost made me weepy! I am so happy for you. I have been through Rochester, MN a couple times, it is a lovely place and the surrounding countryside very classic Norman Rockwell.
My kids know I dress and are fine with it (my eldest son (31) also dresses) but we have never done any in-person activities. You are very, very fortunate, and it sounds as though you know that and are thankful for it. Good on you!!!:D :D

SherriePall
08-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Stephanie -- That was a wonderful accounting of what must have been a great weekend. Can't wait to see the other pic. You look lovely in the three you posted. Bet you can't wait for the girls day out!

Joy Carter
08-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Big :hugs: to you Steph! Thanks for the neat thread.

Julogden
08-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Congratulations, sounds like you did a fine job of raising your son, and you deserve the wonderful time that you had with him and his wife!

:hugs: Carol

Olivia
08-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Wow! What a great son and daughter-in-law you have Stephanie!! You must be soooo proud of them and you have every right to feel that way. Bravo! Isn't it wonderful that they so fully accept you and seem to revel in your fun as well? That is so special, and I suspect a bit rare as well. You have it Stephanie, in spades dear! Thanks for sharing that very inspiring and wonderful weekend with us. Olivia

rexy
08-03-2006, 07:45 PM
I AM SO VERY VERY HAPPY FOR YOU DEAR......REALLY SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME.............HUGS REXY:happy:

jamie_44
08-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi Stephanie, wow what a great family! Sounds like you all enjoyed the time together and thats what is important!

Rachel Morley
08-03-2006, 08:23 PM
My kids are not frightened by diversity and are interested in celebrating different life paths.
Fantastic! as are your pictures....you look great! :happy:

gennee
08-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Wow Stephanie! You are really blessed to have a supportive son and daughter-in-law. It must have been a beautiful weekend. You are an example to all of us and make us proud.

Your pictures are great Stephanie. Keep them coming.

Gennee

KELLYANN
08-03-2006, 08:44 PM
HI STEPH! sounds like you had a really good time with your son and daughter in law. i'm so happy for you. to come out and be accepted by ones you love, has to be a great feeling. so glad you had a good time! GREAT PICS! i like the first one, you are beautifull! you take care. can't wait till we all get together again. HUGS, YOUR SISTER, RUM:bunny:

sue ellan
08-04-2006, 07:26 AM
you are so lucky to have a understanding son and daughter-inlaw. i'm so envious of you. it was the perfect weekend. so happy for you. :hugs:
sue ellan

Ashley Helen
08-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Stephanie, it sounds like you have a son and daughter-in-law to be proud of. I am so pleased you had 2 such great days, and more to look forward to in the future.

Love

Helen xx