PDA

View Full Version : Hair care.

Lawren
08-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Has anyone changed the way they care for their natural hair as a result of, or part of, their CDing?

My natural hair is 6-8 inches past my shoulders and I have not altered the way I care for it in any way. I simply shampoo with Pantene, towel dry to keep it from dripping, (not totally dry), comb it out and let it air dry. I must be one of the lucky ones because Kerry adores my hair almost to the point of jealously.

P. S. I have always had a "thing" about long hair. I love it!!!!

Bobbie cd
08-03-2006, 11:44 PM
I haven't really changed anything about the way I care for my hair. I just shampoo it regularly and use a good conditioner.
It reaches the middle of my back, haven't had it cut in years.
I've worn my hair long since I was in college, I love it.

Melanie
08-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi good question IF you still have hair hehe!.With so few replies so far I imagine a large segment of the CD/TG community on here are absent of hair,including me,lol! :heehee:

You lucky,lucky girls, yes you take care of it and treasure it,
hugs,
Melanie :hugs:

Michelle Ellis
08-04-2006, 01:03 AM
No I don't treat my hair any different than I always have, just wash and condition every day, towel then air dry, blow dry if I'm doing something 'special' or in a hurry.

The only thing I've done differently recently is I had it cut a few weeks ago, after more than ten years of having it middle back length. Got bangs and a straight cut on the bottom :p Makes me feel good.

M

Phyliss
08-04-2006, 03:01 AM
Does using "Turtle Wax" count?

"Good evening ladies and germs,.... (silence)
I just flew in from St. Louis and man are my arms tired..... (silence)

I'm not bald, that's my solar panel.....(insert rim shot here) .... (more silence)"

Lisa Golightly
08-04-2006, 03:03 AM
The longer it is the more conditioner I use... I hate tangles and battling brushes :)

Michelle Ellis
08-04-2006, 03:13 AM
LOL Phyliss (filling the silence) :D

M

noname
08-04-2006, 04:34 AM
I simply shampoo with Pantene, towel dry to keep it from dripping, (not totally dry), comb it out and let it air dry. I must be one of the lucky ones because Kerry adores my hair almost to the point of jealously.

P. S. I have always had a "thing" about long hair. I love it!!!!

I urge you not to use pantene. It has to do with the ingrediants. I did a bit of studing when looking for a good shampoo. I won't go into detail on that though. My wife always had shoulder length hair, even though she never cut it. I switched her over to paul mitchell. Here it is a couple years later and her hair is now shiny and down to her lower back.

Just my two cents

Charleen
08-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Yep, Shampoo and condition. Mine is down to my bra strap and naturally curly, though I do curl it occasionally for that extra bounce. Love and xxxx, Lily

Calliope
08-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Paul Mitchell - shampoo and leave-in conditioner. My hairdresser insists it is best to wash hair only every 48 hours, never more, and I do believe she is right. Which brings me to ... go easy on the hold products, less is way more, I'm trying to discontinue them altogether.

JenniferMint
08-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Has anyone changed the way they care for their natural hair as a result of, or part of, their CDing?

As a guy I would always get a short crew cut so that it's easy to manage.

Now I'm letting it grow long, using better shampoo than I usually do (using Pantene Pro-V now).

Jillian310
08-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Wash ~ Condition ~ comb when fairly wet ~ air dry. Shoulder length, natural wavy, gorgeous shiny gray with hint of blonde highlights ~ all natural.