PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!! needed

Transboy
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
hi

i live in b'ham and i am 21 yrs old as late i keep putting on my bra and strappy top but i put a t- shirt over it i really want to go out dressed but also know i will not pass at all.

my question is what would anybody do?

thanks nicole

Deidra Cowen
08-04-2006, 01:11 PM
The best option is to go get a makeover from a professional. Will get you started the quickest and get your appearance looking good from the start.

If that is not available go to the beauty section here...study all the links. Start buying cloths, makeup and wigs. Practise dressing and doing full makeup. Then after a couple of months ya ought to have it down enough to go out!

CDing is not easy...there is tons of stuff to learn. GGs had years of doing everyday to learn about it...we pick it up part time and often long after they got started.

But its a fun rewarding hobby if not a whole way of life...so just get started babe!

Nikki Dee
08-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi. Love...and welcome...there are support/meeting groups in your area..have you thought of getting in touch and seeking help from other Tgirls?..they would welcome you.
Love Nikki. x

Karren H
08-04-2006, 03:17 PM
The best option is to go get a makeover from a professional. Will get you started the quickest and get your appearance looking good from the start.

If that is not available go to the beauty section here...study all the links. Start buying cloths, makeup and wigs. Practise dressing and doing full makeup. Then after a couple of months ya ought to have it down enough to go out!

CDing is not easy...there is tons of stuff to learn. GGs had years of doing everyday to learn about it...we pick it up part time and often long after they got started.

But its a fun rewarding hobby if not a whole way of life...so just get started babe!

Not easy and not cheap....I agree with Deidra!!! Were playing catchup from the get-go!!

Love Karren

Calliope
08-04-2006, 04:08 PM
In my opinion, you ... take some time to get your style ... find the clothes, etc. that you just love to wear ... and then - enjoy yourself out in the world (after checking it for safety). As I see it, the almighty quest to pass is, in many ways, a buzz buster. Do your own thing.

tekla west
08-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Passing is largely a myth. Some look better than others, still...

Its about attitude, postive presentation, and a dash a common sense. If you can cover that, you have it made.

NighttimeGirl
08-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Passing is largely a myth. Some look better than others, still...

Its about attitude, postive presentation, and a dash a common sense. If you can cover that, you have it made.

and again Tekla you never cease to amaze me sometimes

your glass is always half full,

the comments are "bob on" =(excellent) as we say in the Midlands! :happy:

n1 wish I could be as positive all the time

Daytripper is so right as well, go with the clothes you feel right in, and you have alwasy seen yourself in, i know Brum and it is kind of like Nottingham, good parts and bad parts, as long as you feel safe then go for it, there are plenty of information sites regarding make up and step by step guides etc and they will give you the best tips as well.
I found a lot of stuff great on the net, i am in Nottingham and if you ever wanted to talk just Pm me I know how hard it is on your own also, like many others on her but whilst this forum exists, you will never be alone girl!!

:hugs:

:love:

sandra-leigh
08-05-2006, 01:57 AM
as late i keep putting on my bra and strappy top but i put a t- shirt over it i really want to go out dressed but also know i will not pass at all.

I started with walks in dresses along railway lines
and 2 A.M. walks through suburb, then moved to dusk walks.
I wasn't trying to pass close-up, just at a distance (if I was seen at all.)

But within a few months, I was going to malls in a skirt and blouse and tights (dark pantihose) and a couple of "add a cup" breast forms (easy to buy, anything bigger is specialized.) I would wear my drab clothes on the outside, step into the mall "family washroom" and step out en femme. No wig, no makeup, no jewelry, no attempt to change my voice: just an attitude that "It's only strangers and I don't have to care what they think!"

All those makeup lessons and practice at home: well, you have to decide what is important to you. Is it the wearing of the clothes that is important, or is it the passing as a woman? Is your concern about "passing" a concern about being personally recognized? If so, go where you aren't known. Is your concern about passing a concern about being ridiculed or insulted? If so, then are you living for how you feel about yourself, or are you living for how other people react to you?

I realized when I started to cross-dress that I had a real "f*ck 'em" attitude. The strangers are not me and don't know me and don't know what it's like to have lived my life, and probably don't have much idea about how it feels to dress. Their comments (and there are not many comments around here!) are made from ignorance -- just like the way they judge me when I'm not CD'ing at all. When people judge you from ignorance, you can either let their judgement control your life, or you can pretty much ignore it and do what you know is right for you.

Transboy
08-06-2006, 06:24 AM
ok girls....

thank you for your help i think i will go out dressed soon.

thanks nicole

Charleen
08-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Welcome Nicole, My:2c: , Find your own comfort level, and give yourself time to find it. Love and xxxx, Lily

swiss_susan
08-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Just do what you want to do, enjoy yourself and don't worry too much about everyone else.

After all this is something you are doing for yourself.

Susan