PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for my hair?

JenniferMint
08-04-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm in the process of growing out my real hair, but right now it's kind of short. This is what it looks like:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/971/hairom9.jpg

Is this usable when going out en femme? Could I pass as a tomboy/butch lesbian? If so, what might I do to make the hair look more feminine?

Or should I just stick with wigs?

Calliope
08-05-2006, 01:12 AM
Cute hair!

But ... if you want to add an extra fem touch, how about a couple of pink color streaks?

ToyGirl
08-05-2006, 01:27 AM
looks good from what can tell from the pic (not all GG's have long hair), but yep some highlights or colour definitly would be a good thing.

Michelle Ellis
08-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Hard to tell from the pic, I assume you have all the hair goodies? See what you can do with some hair gel, and a blow dryer. Short black hair and lots of gel can look sexy! :p

M

gwenrob43
08-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Not Bad. It won't be long before you've got more hair than you know how to take care of. LOL

Gwen

Win Der Mere
08-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Make it spiky with a bright orange streak.

Win

Phyliss
08-05-2006, 02:56 AM
I wish I had that much of my own.
From what I can tell of the picture it looks fine. Perhaps a colorful hairband might work. Or try using a pair of sunglasses as a "hairband", I seen some ladies doing this as more of a decoration than anything else.
My sister has been wearing her hair in a similar fashion for years.

Jasmine Ellis
08-05-2006, 04:56 AM
looks good from what can tell from the pic (not all GG's have long hair), but yep some highlights or colour definitly would be a good thing.

I would go with highlights also

JenniferMint
08-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Hard to tell from the pic, I assume you have all the hair goodies? See what you can do with some hair gel, and a blow dryer. Short black hair and lots of gel can look sexy! :p

M

Hair goodies? I don't have any and I don't know much about this :(

Is there any website that tells me what to do with the hair gel and blow dryer? I know it would make the hair stick in a specific shape, but how would I know what shape looks good?

Michelle Ellis
08-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Hair goodies? I don't have any and I don't know much about this :(

Is there any website that tells me what to do with the hair gel and blow dryer? I know it would make the hair stick in a specific shape, but how would I know what shape looks good?

Well my sister is a beautician, so I get a lot of free stuff from her :p My bathroom is filled with hair products! Well, freshly washed hair is sometimes hard to tame, try styling at least 8 hours after washing, it helps. Get a nice expensive hairbrush, cheap ones can damage hair. Get a good blow drier, again, the more expensive the better it is, I have a nice Con-Air with the positive (or is it negative? LOL) Ion thing... helps with frizz. Brush your hair out (easy with short hair I guess) A spray bottle is nice for getting your hair wet, apply lots of gel and experiment :) Use a fine toothed comb to help lay hair flat while you blow dry it. Use your brush to tease the hair by combing it backwards... get some hair combs or bobby pins, hair bands, skrunchies! They're all so much fun LOL :o I like to go searching web sites for Hair Styling Tips and How To's, there's a lot out there! Lots of it can be advanced, and sometimes you just need help!

Good luck! If you get into you're gonna love styling your own hair :)

M

Karren H
08-05-2006, 05:34 PM
A little short I think, even for a modern woman. And you really need to do something about that black square!!! Very unattractive!!! hehehe

Love Karren

CrossKimmy
08-06-2006, 04:14 AM
you can pull off a Roman Holiday Audrey Hepburn look

Joy Carter
08-06-2006, 06:18 AM
My GG pharmacist has the spikey thing going on she's so nice but you can see her scalp, yuuuck what's up with that +?

Tracy_Victoria
08-06-2006, 09:55 AM
I realise your trying to move away from the wig thing, but there are wigs and pieces that can really help people with short hair.

Ie if you do a search on wiglets, pull throughs, or top pieces I'm sure you will find some ideas to use as your hair grows. ie these can be used to add both volume and length to you own hair and there not a major expense

they might well suit your needs, as your hair grows, yet keep close to your own style.

worth looking in to

http://www.ultimatelooks.com/hairpiecesother/admirewiglet.htm

http://www.fekewigs.com/toppers_ptw_3.htm

good luck

Teresa Amina
08-06-2006, 04:02 PM
you really need to do something about that black square

Your hair is no shorter than some I see on young ggs, and you really can show your face here, were all "co-conspirators" you know!