PDA

View Full Version : Starting Anew

Melanie
08-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Hi Sisters,
I wasn't going to post this as my life isn't that important but I just wondered if anyone has had to stop CDing for a number of years and then attempted a return to the scene?.How you found it and what your expereince was like?

I had been dressing from age 7 or so but never got to "doll myself up" until the late 80's.When I did I was just so taken with it,it was fascinating .I was lucky to have had a very supportive GF with whom I lived.She had painted my toenails as I slept that lead to me telling her all about my other self.We had gone out twice in public,the first time I had no car and was so tense on public transit that I nearly turned back and went home.The next time a year later with a car was more enjoyable.We broke up a few years later.

I went out to a CD Club/Boutique on my own in /97 and remember how anxious I was as I paid my admission fee and walked upstairs to the changing and makeup rooms,I could hear the girls laughing and talking.As I climbed those stairs I'm sure I was starting to perspire, I hesitated and was ready to run.Alas I did poke my head around the corner and to be honest was welcomed with open arms, one sister saying "come in we don't bite,unless of course you want us to!".That broke the ice as she gently took my hand and I was inducted into the 'sisterhood'!.Such sweethearts they were and I developed some great 'sisterlike' friendships.It was wonderful,no male macho nonsense,it was freedom itself.

I became ill in 2001 and was bedridden and housebound which prevented me engaging in CD in any way.A year later being somewhat better I gave my all in a male/female relationship,but that too failed. So unwillingly I had abandoned the CD lifestyle and lost contact with some dear friends.I have never felt so awful,as I'm sure they've wondered where I have been and I wonder if they are well myself.:sad:

Now I'm all 'suited up" ermm I mean "skirted up" and ready to go tomorrow,for the first time in over 5 years.Suffice to say I'm excited but very apprehensive about bumping into someone from my past.I'm wondering how they will react and couldn't blame them for rejecting me. :eek:

Has anyone had a similar expereince?,I'm uncertain I'm doing the right thing here........I feel so unsure,emotional and restless.

Thanks Sweeties xo :hugs:

tekla west
08-05-2006, 02:14 AM
I'm sure if they remember you they will welcome you back. People get sick, people move, take new jobs, travel, follow Jerry Garcia around, whatever. My feeling is once welcome, always welcome unless you did something very, very bad on the way out or something.

Jasmine Ellis
08-05-2006, 02:34 AM
go back and try see what happens