PDA

View Full Version : Clare is taking over my life ...

Clare
08-05-2006, 06:57 AM
... and she's an expensive girl to maintain!

Today, I was out clothes shopping and 'she' opened the purse strings! I went into a jeans store to browse and walked out with a pair of 'Seven7' low rise (tight) bootcut jeans for $130-00! I then went into David Jones (dept store) and bought a cotton knit 3/4 sleeve top for $60-00 in a nice soft green colour. Next was Target and I purchased a matching bra & g-string lingierie set in a cream colour which were on special for $50-00. What about shoes? Of course! Checked out ankle and knee length boots. Unfortunately, I didn't have the spare $175 for the 2-1/2" heel leather boots I really liked in my size 11's! But i'm waiting for the next payday - I hope they don't sell in the interim!

In fact, I gave myself away today without realising it! When I paid for the jeans, the young male assistant asked if I had tried them on and I said no, but that they should fit as they were the right size. He stated that I could return or exchange them if they were not right for me - and we were talking about females' jeans! :eek: I'm sure he was aware of that fact and I responded as though it was an everyday thing for me to buy girl's jeans. He did say to visit the store regulary as new styles were always coming out - I think I will!

I plan to wear my new wardrobe to the movies tomorrow, but since I share with three people who don't know about Clare, it's kinda hard to walk through the house in girl clothes. Especially as the two GG's would notice the definate femme style of clothing! In fact, I may have to skip the jeans too since they are very noticably femme cut and styled! I'm sure the clicking of high heel boots on the tiles will be a little obvious too once I get them! :eek:

Oh well, just wanted to share my shopping trip with you. I also checked out a new Pentax digital SLR camera with which I can use my three exisiting 35mm zoom lenses. Now if only Clare will let me have $1,000 for my new camera! :D

Adrienne Heels
08-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Clare, that sounds like a very hot outfit. I am sure you will look wonderful when dressed. We will have to see some pictures when you get your new camera.

The low rise jeans look so hot....so feminine

Are the boots you are planning to buy ankle length?

Love,

Karyn

ToyGirl
08-05-2006, 07:10 AM
sounds like a nice day shopping, i started wearing female shirts and jeans , and t-shirts awhile ago and no one really noticed , my best friend though kept asking were i was getting these cool clothes and i had to tell him what was going on before i started a trend he was going to regret following.

Of course theres no point having nice clothes if you dont have a nice camera to photograph them with... and your saving your money on the lenses right.. atleast thats what my conscious told me when i bought an slr :p

Kimberly
08-05-2006, 07:18 AM
3 words...

High

Street

Sales

Try a few - then you won't be spending monstrous amounts on clothing. If you're buying them and just wearing them "in the closet", I personally think that's a waste -- try charity shop shopping, you can find some great stuff in there too, at a tiny tiny fraction of the price your paying for clothes that may not even see daylight.

Kahlan51
08-05-2006, 07:40 AM
I agree with Kimberly about thrift shopping since I am femme by choice I don't want my fem side to suffer because of cost. Consumer mentality is too rampant in our society and I think we all suffer. I make a effort to keep it simple and live stress free in this culture. Well wasn't that just a rant.
Have fun with it and just please yourself sweetie Kahlan

Clare
08-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Clare, that sounds like a very hot outfit. I am sure you will look wonderful when dressed. We will have to see some pictures when you get your new camera.
Yes, I have been wanting to post images for a long time now, but I have never had a digital camera - maybe a few months away now!

The low rise jeans look so hot....so feminine
Oh yeah! I tried them on tonight and they are a very snug fit - almost too tight! And yes they are sexy looking - like the GG's, i'll have to be careful when sitting or bending - it's amazing how much skin (or undies) suddenly show!

Are the boots you are planning to buy ankle length?
No, they are knee length. I didn't have the courage today to say to the sales girl they were for me. Maybe i'll wear pantyhose on the day I purchase and pluck up the courage to ask to try them on before i buy!

Love,

Karyn...

Olivia
08-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Well Clare, Olivia took over my life sometime ago, and now she's determined to take over my closet too:D ! She just can't stop buying clothes, and as "he" never buys any, her clothes are rapidly crowding out those old male things. I love to stand in front of my closet and marvel at the difference. I care nothing about shopping for men's clothes; Olivia can spend hours poking through the racks. As she pushes him out of the closet, it seems like an apt metaphor for my life as well:happy: . Have fun, Olivia

Jenny Beth
08-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Now that's shopping....:thumbsup: Ever notice how simple it is to shell out hard earned cash for femme things? I don't know about anyone else but I cringed last week at having to buy work shirts and socks...:(

tekla west
08-05-2006, 12:15 PM
My Tgrrl pal Jenna says "I had to come out of the closet, I needed the room for clothes." And she is not kidding.

Adrienne Heels
08-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Clare, the SAs won't care if the boots are for you....they just might ask you to try them on! And that way you know they are the right size.

Kristen Kelly
08-05-2006, 02:56 PM
I agree with Kimberly about thrift shopping since I am femme by choice I don't want my fem side to suffer because of cost. Consumer mentality is too rampant in our society and I think we all suffer. I make a effort to keep it simple and live stress free in this culture. Well wasn't that just a rant.
Have fun with it and just please yourself sweetie Kahlan

I try to keep Kristen on a budget shopping the clearance racks, and sales, but if I see something she might like, and would look good in it, and the price is in reasonable, I give into buying it. My GF wishes I would do that for my male clothes more often, Kristen should not be the only one with stylish clothes, have to work on that, I have more fun buying women's clothes.

Michelle Ellis
08-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, I totally relate :) Michelle is taking over my life too, spent a lot more on her lately than I ever would have otherwise, and diet and entertainment and pretty much everythig LOL

Wow, what a cool exchange you had with the guy who checked you out (oh you know at the counter, er, you know :p ) I avoid the guys at all costs...

Sounds like you got some really great stuff too :)

M

Melissa Ryan
08-10-2006, 08:52 AM
I gotta ask....Did you ever get that wig we went and looked at?!?

Jenna1561
08-10-2006, 12:23 PM
I love to shop for Jenna and I absolutely abhor shopping for men's clothes. They are so boring and generally ill fitting.

Jenna

Clare
08-11-2006, 08:23 AM
I gotta ask....Did you ever get that wig we went and looked at?!?Not yet - it's in the femme shopping list, but somewhere in the middle of it! But I will definately get the brown one that fell away from the face we both liked the look of. I'll probably buy two different wigs when I do make a purchase tho.

btw, the boots I mentioned at the start of this thread were sold! It is end of season clearance time in the shoe stores and most styles have suddenely sold out. I have noticed that women in Canberra must have large feet because even before the sales started, there were not many shoes available in my big size on the shelves. The sales girl said boots are popular here (gets very cold in winter) and that they'll be back next season - so i'll be ready!

Jasmine Ellis
08-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi Clare
I would say love at frist sight :heehee: When do I get a wedding invitation :Party2:

Clare
08-27-2006, 04:54 AM
Yesterday I purchased another pair of jeans from the same store. They were on clearance at special pricing, so I bought them on the spur of the moment (not that I could really afford them this week!).

These are stunning jeans and I love them! They fit me really well and I think I will buy more this particular brand/style.

I seem to be in girl jeans buying mode at the moment - also want to buy demin skirts as well for some reason.

I have attached pics from the store's website to give you an idea what they look like. I have also attached pics of the first pair of jeans I bought too.

Kate Simmons
08-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Hi Clare, You have to control "it" Hon and not let "it" control you. I finally managed to do it. Ericka Kay

Angie G
08-27-2006, 05:31 AM
Hi Clare the wife andd I went shopping friday I seen a pr. of boots but didn't have $128 one of these days :hugs:
Angie G,