PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Legs-Does Anyone Care?

McLegs
08-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey Girls,
For you gals that are pondering shaving your legs. Been shaving for a couple of years now. This week with the extreme heat, I got a little heat rash under my socks, just on the ankle. Sitting on the couch in shorts,the SO sees the rash,gets some lotion & starts putting it on. All of a sudden she looks up & says: "Did you shave your legs?" Answer: "Yup!" End of story. Does anyone really notice? Yesterday at work we had to unload a trailer in 90+ degree heat. Super told me the day before bring shorts & a Tee shirt. So I go to unload the trailer with the store manager 60+ yrs old, the store's receiver 55ish & 2 young fellas in their 20's. No looks & no remarks. Did anyone notice? Did anyone care? Guess not!

Hugs All Around,

Michelle:thumbsup:

Stephenie S
08-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Dear McLegs,

No, no one cares. "sigh"

I care. I love my legs bare. But no one else (other than my wife) even notices.

When I first went out with bare legs (in guy mode), I was a bit aprehensive about bothering someone, but I got absolutely NO reaction. So I started looking at other mens' legs. Low and behold, I there were many men I just could not tell if they had bare legs are not. Look around you. See for yourself. Of course some men are hairy as all get out, but most, you just can't tell with out getting real close or feeling their legs (no thanks). So I now go anywhere in the summer without a care. Nobody pays the slightest attention. Oh well, and I thought my legs were sooo pretty.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Nikki Dee
08-05-2006, 09:43 AM
In many years of being "smooth" from the eyebrows down...I have yet to hear it even mentioned to me.......even, in male mode, when I'm not wearing shorts, I am wearing short sleeved T shirts and no-one comments on my hairless arms.??..It seems no-one notices, let alone care.!!!
Nikki.x

Deidra Cowen
08-05-2006, 09:47 AM
My problem is that i just have too many bumps and imperfections from shaving that I think would be a give away. So in male mode I just skip shorts! In femme mode I cover up that stuff with panty hose in a skirt or if in lingerie my fish nets do da job nicely. :p

I need laser for my legs!!! :eek:

Olivia
08-05-2006, 10:03 AM
No, not much anyway. Olivia

...and who cares if they do? O

Patsy Stone GG
08-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Do I notice? Yes. Do I care? Only in that you look so much better when shaved; legs, arms, whatever...........sooooooo much better than being hairy :eek:

Smooth = Good, Hairy = :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

joaniecd
08-05-2006, 10:22 AM
I have been shaving for three years,noone has ever said anything about leg hair. I did have a teenage girl mention that I had no arm hair. She asked do you shave your arms? I responded NO!! I use Veet or Nair. Oh thats what I use on my leggs,she responded.
I am in the retail business and see alot of people every day and am sure they see my arms, only one question, maybe others didnt want to ask. Most people just dont care.
:rolleyes:

ElleCD
08-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Shave my legs, arms and chest. My wife likes the look even though she does not know about my cding. Never had any comments form anyone else. They either don't notice or don't care.

pennyma
08-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I've been shaving my legs for a year no one has said anything to me doesn't mean they haven't noticed. But I do I'm addicted to shaving them have to shave once a day any longer and I don't like the way they feel love the way they feel when sleeping sheets feel so soft on them.

Karren H
08-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Well the wife cares. She's the one that wants me to pass as a male in shorts at summer vacations and family outtings. And the guys in the locker room would and have noticed my bare legs and my shaven chest once. Sooo though most won't. Some will.

Love Karren

Janelle Young
08-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I shave my legs and chest and I live in Florida so I wear shorts all of the time. No one cares. The only people who have ever questioned it were my sisters (three of them). One asked if I shaved my legs and I said yes. Then she asked why and I told her it was cooler with no hair. Then all three of them said well yeah that makes sense. My gf does not mind but did ask me not to shave my arms, so the hair on my arms stays.

mollytyler
08-05-2006, 11:34 AM
have preferred the wax routine for many a years and totally devoid of hair through electrolysis over the years......nothing better than that baby smooth feel all over

julie w
08-05-2006, 11:44 AM
it took my gf along time to notice my shaved legs , it was only after I had
been to a tg weekend that she noticed and said you legs are shaved have
you been wearing panty hose ? no I have been wearing a tux and bow tie
thats what we wear at crossdressers events

tekla west
08-05-2006, 11:45 AM
SOs notice, the rest of the world does not

Lindsay Marie
08-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Parents and siblings don't notice I had my arms and legs shaved the last three times home and nobody noticed.

windycissy
08-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I used to be hung up about it too, until it dawned on me one day that movie stars and athletes - male role models - are shaved down more and more these days. If you ever see one of those old pictures of Mark Spitz - he won 7 gold medals in the Olympic - he looks like a swimming bear. So I think this trend is here to say, and I'll bet if there was a product that zapped body hair off instantly, a lot more guys would do it. Girls seem to love the smooth look...

Wendy me
08-05-2006, 12:54 PM
me shaved?? yes and today at Kole's big sale short shorts on clean shaved leggs looking for that killer mini skirt and camo hoodie no one noticed a bit... and the place was packed with gg's summer or what ever season shaved clean works for me no one realy cares a bit.....

Deborah
08-05-2006, 01:17 PM
I've kept my legs shaved for almost a year now. Certain family occasions i just wear pants though. I don't like playing 20 questions.

barbie lanai
08-05-2006, 05:38 PM
This is the first summer I've been out in shorts with shaved legs in drab mode. I have to agree either no notices or they don't care if they do notice. In the hardware store, post office, walmart, gas stations, walking around town, no problem. The neighbors have been over and visited, never said boo about my bare shaved legs.

I've been reluctant to go to relatives in shorts though, thinking they'd care or notice. But in a week plan to RV at the lake with relatives. I plan to be in shorts then, too hot for long pants. I'll see what happens.

A week ago I "discovered" my nephew has stars tattooed on his nipples. He was in trunks for the pool. At the time I wondered what would have been more shocking; his tattoos or my shaved legs and chest?

Jodi
08-05-2006, 08:28 PM
I have had my arms and legs shaved full time for over 5 years. Since I retired, I have worked as a high school coach, so in the fall and the spring, I am around teenage boys and girls while I'm wearing shorts. I've had no comments. If someone should ever ask, my comment will be--"I have very light hair and not much on my body" (which is true). I also take a medication which has a side affect of lightening body hair. Actually, it is noone's business. Depending upon the situation, if asked, I might reply "Are you doing research or are you writing a book? If so, I choose not to be represented in your book".

Jodi

ashlee chiffon
08-05-2006, 09:05 PM
it feels soooo good to be fully shaved and being somewhat light on the hair department, i can do areas *knees, upper thighs, most of my underarms, cleavage area* and thin the rest so that it's not fully noticible in my 4 times a week spin class at the gym...but in skirts and shorts and low cleavage, i always look girlllly!

KateW
08-05-2006, 09:16 PM
I was very conscious when I first waxed my legs, and ventured outside in shorts. But when I got back home after zero comments, looks or reactions, I realised the world was still spinning and nobody cares. My partner did take a while to get used to it, but after she brought me a pink venus razor, I'm pleased to report that she doesn't mind either. :-)

Tanya83
08-05-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm somewhat lucky in this department. I am pretty much hairless to begin with. No hair on the thighs or back and very light hair on my forearms and lower legs.
Don't even need to shave the arms, just the lower leg area...and my wife doesn't even notice! Unless of course she feels my silky smooth skin. :heehee:

kymmieLorain
08-06-2006, 12:04 AM
In the 4 years I have been shaving my legs I have yet to have any comments

Kymmie

Cheyenne Skye
08-06-2006, 12:41 AM
I don't know about the rest of you but I really think people notice. If I shaved my legs and nothing else, people would certainly ask questions because I am hairy as an ape. And as for it being cooler with no hair, that is completely untrue. I have shaved my legs before along with my chest and arms. (It's too difficult to maintain) I am also a runner and I notice that without body hair, my perspiration doesn't evaporate as quickly and I become overheated much quicker than with the hair. I believe the hair helps draw the moisture away from the skin thereby cooling the actual skin temperature.

Mirragea
08-06-2006, 12:57 AM
I change in a locker room full of guys 5-6 a week twice a day.I don't think anyone cares.Everything is more metrosexualized these days anyway.As a matter in fact speaking on it would be worse.If a guy says something about my legs then it implys he's looking at my body.That's a automatic implication that no reputation protecting hetero man wants to have to defend.

Miss Vicki
08-06-2006, 04:44 AM
I wish that I had the luck that you girls had. "No one really Cares". A few years back, I went to a Halloween party as a Cheerleader. Shaved my legs and wore a skirt and knee socks. My skin was exposed from the bottom of the skirt to the top of the socks, about 6 inches.
Two of my male buddies came over and right away noticed my shaved legs. They both made a "BIG DEAL" about it yelling to everyone and repeating it over and over. I tried to give a reason because it was Halloween and the outfit, however I have been the subject of ridicule whenever the topic comes up. Have been ignored by some friends and called a pervert.

So YES, some people do care if you shave your legs.
I do love the feeling. Wish I could.

ashlee chiffon
08-06-2006, 05:01 AM
but i shave my upper chest *for cleavage in low cut dresses* and my upper thighs to just below my knees...i have sparse hair so there isn't a lot left, but enough so that i have a smal bit of hair on my lower legs...*for exercise class purposes*....i feel smooth and girly this way!

karen marie
08-06-2006, 10:00 AM
this post has been up before.
i've really not had any problems with it.been
wearing shorts out in public for years.i think that
the important thing is that you yourself don't care.
hugs,karen.

Mirragea
08-06-2006, 12:54 PM
I wish that I had the luck that you girls had. "No one really Cares". A few years back, I went to a Halloween party as a Cheerleader. Shaved my legs and wore a skirt and knee socks. My skin was exposed from the bottom of the skirt to the top of the socks, about 6 inches.
Two of my male buddies came over and right away noticed my shaved legs. They both made a "BIG DEAL" about it yelling to everyone and repeating it over and over. I tried to give a reason because it was Halloween and the outfit, however I have been the subject of ridicule whenever the topic comes up. Have been ignored by some friends and called a pervert.

I would suggest using some clippers with guards but don't use the closest setting.That way you can sort of get that feeling without cutting the hair so close as to draw attention.

Jodi Lynn
08-06-2006, 02:04 PM
been shaving for over 2 years and never had anyone other then my wife say a word, and that was after a year. So I would say no one cares. Two weeks ago I had to change shrits at work and another guy was doing the same, I know he saw my shaved chest and armpits he didn't say a thing about it.

Scotty
08-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Been shaving my legs for 6+ years and never had a comment.

I'm tanner now than any other time, although not dark, but I have blonde hair, even teh blonde stubble sticking out looks like hair.......

Was in public with a few hundred people yesterday and nobody noticed......

I think if you are of a dark haired and hairy genetic make up and suddenly show up shaved then maybe, but for the average person - maybe not.

I think the correlation of arm hair also may matter, some guys have long black arm hair........

Being blonde is easier for sure but if you keep the arm hair trimmed short it'll balance out the legs.

renee99
08-07-2006, 10:18 PM

Hey, if you're going to catch sh*t for it anyway, you might as well keep shaving, eh?

Bernadina
08-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Nobody has ever noticed that I know of. I always keep my legs shaved, especially in the summer when I wear shorts. Nothing worse that having hairy legs showing. Ditto for arms and pits when wearing t-shirts etc.

natasha
08-07-2006, 10:53 PM
At the beginning of the summer I WAS SO WORRIED about wearing shorts with shaved legs. In fact no one has noticed, except for the wife of course. In fact I went on a golf outing with cops and firemen last week and no one even mentioned a thing. Not to mention that my foursome consisted of the mayor, chief of police, and our longest tenure seargent. I aint gonna worry about it anymore!!!

Charleen
08-07-2006, 11:13 PM

Hate to say it, but these really sound like the type of enlightened, intelligent guys I'd like to hang out with! Lily

chrissycox99
08-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I just posed the question to my myspace friends yesterday about whether anyone really notices if you shave...I got mixed response from there, but I saw this post on here tonight, and decided to go for it!!
If I have any issues (because I do live in a redneck town, and no one has ANY idea about my little hobby!), I will keep you updated!

Miss Vicki
08-08-2006, 03:21 AM
Thank you Mirragea, Renee 99,and Lilygirl, for your supportive responses.
And yes you are right. If they are going to accuse me of doing something, I might as well be doing it. Also I rarely see any of these people anymore. I am not sure if it was because I shaved or because these guys are just plain jerks.

Anyway, I do plan on shaving again when the weather gets cooler. I just love the feeling and the look.
Thank you ladies for your suport.

Lisa Golightly
08-08-2006, 03:38 AM
I've been shaving my legs since 13 years old... No one has ever seen them with hair! :)

Jasmine Ellis
08-08-2006, 06:27 AM
I'll shell have to ask my wife if I can shave my legs.......:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Wendi_cd
08-08-2006, 08:03 AM
And as for it being cooler with no hair, that is completely untrue.
I am also a runner and I notice that without body hair, my perspiration doesn't evaporate as quickly and I become overheated

Without clothing, body hair is cooler, as you say, it wicks moisture away from your skin.
With clothing, with body hair is cooler, as it doesn't trap the moisture between your skin and clothing.

As far as shaving (and I've mentioned this before), just watch about any TV show where a man has no shirt on, be it a soap opera or MTV. No body hair.

stacie
08-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Some people notice but most dont care. During the first part of summer I had a co-worker ask me why I shave my legs and I told him I used to be a swimmer and was use to the feeling of having shaved legs over hair legs, plus it makes me feel cooler when the hots days have arrived.

souperman
08-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I,ve been getting waxed for 2 years no one realy notices I,m smooth chest legs underarms and trim my arm hair I think I may bleach it

terrilynn
08-08-2006, 09:40 AM
I too shave from my eyebrows down, and about the only person whos said anything is my wife, just asking if i had shaved my legs. The only other time anyone said anything was at work one day when I rolled up my sleeves and a cpl of the people ( guys and girls) asked if i had shaved my arms. I just told them I had been standing too close to the BBQ grill when i lit it, burned some of it, so i had shaved it to make it all look even.
No one ever said another word about it.

myMichelle
08-08-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't know about the rest of you but I really think people notice. If I shaved my legs and nothing else, people would certainly ask questions because I am hairy as an ape. And as for it being cooler with no hair, that is completely untrue. I have shaved my legs before along with my chest and arms. (It's too difficult to maintain) I am also a runner and I notice that without body hair, my perspiration doesn't evaporate as quickly and I become overheated much quicker than with the hair. I believe the hair helps draw the moisture away from the skin thereby cooling the actual skin temperature.

I, too, am "hairy as an ape." But I still shave my legs. I come and go freely in male mode and I've never had a problem. I've always been an independent thinker, though, and maybe the difference is that I just don't give a shit what anyone else thinks! I suppose we all have our own comfort levels:2c:

ellieparsons
08-18-2006, 12:43 PM
I shave my legs all the time and the only place i thought maybe someone would give me weird looks is at the gym, but other than than, I don't think anyone cares, they've got their own problems.

kay_jessica
08-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Ladies, good news, even as men we can now be hairless without being bothered what others think. Here in the UK, and I'm sure it will be the same every where, you can now bet hair removel products designed for men. They are even designed to cope with tougher male hair.

No it is not a spoof, check it out for your selfs. This link is to a major UK high street chemists (drug store) call Boots. http://www.boots.com/shop/category_new_template_content_rich.jsp?classificat ionid=1035665

I for one will try it, and compare it with normal Veet for ladies. I'll let you all know how it performs

Ellie
08-18-2006, 12:56 PM
My gf does not mind but did ask me not to shave my arms, so the hair on my arms stays.

My GF is the same way, in fact she is going with me to get waxed today, legs, chest, belly, rear-end, can all be smooth.

Just don't touch the arm hair!

She likes to feel a hairy manly arm around her at night. I use a hair lightener from Avon so my arm hair isn't as noticeable yet still there for her to feel at night.

Susancd
08-18-2006, 04:42 PM
I have shaved my legs for about 5 years and no one has shown any signs of noticing. I think that people are so wrapped up in their own lives that they don't care!

chrissycox99
09-05-2006, 07:36 PM
I wanted to drag this old post up, and throw in a funny update...
I have been terrified, that someone would notice since I have been shaving my legs, but no one has, or if they have, they haven't made a peep about it.

The funny thing is, I have started noticing everyone elses legs to see if they are shaved or not...my older brother came over one day last week, he had on shorts, and I SWEAR it looked like his legs were clean shaven! Maybe we are really...sisters!! :heehee:

I have also discovered (by reading about it on another site) that the best thing to use for shaving your legs, is hair conditioner. It works great! My legs are SO smooth!!

angelfire
09-05-2006, 08:34 PM
I know a number of GGs who actually prefer men who keep their body hair at least trimmed, if not totally shaved.

JoAnnDallas
09-06-2006, 08:41 AM
My wife doesn't seem to care or notice that my legs and chest are hairless. I have been shaving my legs, chest, arms, and under arms for 2 years now and no one seems to notice. I have never had anyone ask me why or anything. So I would not worry about it. If you want to shave you body, I say go ahead and do it.

Monique_Lynn
09-09-2006, 05:00 AM
Not many people notice or care, been out and about all summer with shaved legs in shorts, sleaveless tops, sandals etc. and no negitive comments from family or friends.
ginger

Joy Carter
09-09-2006, 05:33 AM
God do you gurls own stock in a razor blade company +?

EmmaLouise1110
09-09-2006, 06:55 AM
I have always shaved and never had any probs

geri-tg.
09-09-2006, 07:01 AM
I plan on Shaving my legs this weekend.This post will make it easy and I will see if anyone takes notice. Geri

gail price
09-09-2006, 06:29 PM
unless you work in a mostly male environment as i do. (let me explain). I work in the emergency services and because we wear a uniform we all get change in the same room (boring). So it was obvious that they would notice my hairless legs after they being used to seeing my hairy legs. But I bit the bullet. I decided that my pleasure came before theres, not only did i shave my legs i done my whole body. The pointing, questioning and laughing lasted only a few days and now it's the norm. But the biggest suprise was that two of the guys said that they want to go hairless.

My partner dosent mind but thought it was strange at first (she does not know about Gail (but i not sure:eek: ).

Any way who cares if your happy thats what matters

wifeofsissy GG
09-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I love shaved legs. Now here comes the weird part of me...........I love hairy chest............weird I know. Call it a fetish for me......lol. Love my husband CD any way he prefers.

Sejd
09-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm glad you brought this issue up. I shaved my legs recently, and for the first time. Have to admit it - what a pain in the butt to deal with. Having said that, I do admit it feels sexy and nice. I do remember though that back in Europe where I come from, Women don't shave their legs!!! So I have decided to give it a rest and become a Euro Femme for a while. If I go on vaccation I'll consider shaving again, but until then it's back with the hairs.
Toe nail polish is another story. Don't get me started. Love my nails painted.
Love
Sejd:tongueout :tongueout

gail price
09-14-2006, 10:45 AM

Great Buddies Vicki, I must go out and find some buddies! (not) that redicule me and make me the butt end of there jokes because they have a problem with me shaving my legs (even though it was for Holloween).

I don't wish to be rude but i really think these are not real buddies of your's specially if they use a mate of theirs to get cheap laughs, and ignored by freinds and being called a pervert. Your better off without them. Move on!!

We only get one ride in this life, so enjoy it! :happy: x

JamieTodd
09-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Hello all,

I have never had a comment on shaving any part of my body except for my wife. I have no hair on my arms, legs or any where except for my head.

No comments, no problem............ although I am not a hairy person anyway......... :heehee:

My three cents worth............................. Jamie

RikkiOfLA
09-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Nobody notices unless they get real close up, like a few inches away. Shaving your arms and upper chest helps, because it makes like you look naturally hairless (and some people are).

A few years ago, when I was just getting into crossdressing, I realized one day that I could wear ultrasheer pantyhose with shorts, and people wouldn't notice. Sure enough, they didn't!

Rikki

Snookums
09-14-2006, 08:49 PM
I used to until I moved to Utah from Florida,these mormons refuse to understand individuality

Billijo49504
09-15-2006, 01:02 AM
Not me!!! I don't care what you shave. <LOL>...BJ