PDA

View Full Version : can any help me openup to my wife

shannia
08-05-2006, 05:19 PM
1st time post here, so i am very nervous.I am Shannia and my wife is called Ruth, i have been dressing since about the age of 11, i have been married 12 yrs,( have been together17yrs) i told my wife about my crossdressing about 5 yrs into our marrage, her 1st thought was 1 of relief (she was waiting for me to tell her about i was having an affair, lol), yes, she was shocked and a bit suprised, but mostly she was just relieved that it was only crossdressing i,d been up too. from that point, things were mostly straightforward, i suppose i felt a bit daft, as it had taken me so long to tell my wife (whom i love dearly).yes we had nervous times, and also some very pleasureable times for both of us. I suppose i felt at ease, but i always felt as thought i had to guard against rejection, although my wife has never rejected me, it was always a secret fear of mine,hence, i went through stages of dressing secretly, even though i had an understanding partner, 1 question i could never answer for myself, was "why do i do this". maybe i was born like it, maybe i should have been fem, maybe i was just wierd, although my wife had never asked me "why", i just had a feeling that, 1 day, it would be important for me to understand "why". well to cut a long story short, 3 months ago, it finally clicked, without going into too much gorey detail, can we just say that i had an experience in my childhood that i had never told anyone about (not even my parents) lets just say that i was forced to discover sexual thoughts and desires while i was at an age when i shouldnt have been subjected to, something i felt ashamed about, guilty about and also frightened about, but also i felt a strange sexual feeling, something which i had never felt before. This incident was put into the back of my mind ( i was 10). So, 1 night i told my wife what had happened to me when i was 10, and for both of us everthing clicked into place, now, all of a sudden everything was much clearer, more understandable, you would think that that should be the end of the story, but, as of now, i feel totally lacking in confidence while i am with my wife when im dress, and have started to hide things, dressing and not telling her, i dont like this, but i am really really scared im going to lose her ( something, which if i was honest, i have never felt before). i want to share the fem side of me wife my wife,( this should be alot easier for us both, now we understand more) but i am really really scared, and just that fact that i feel scared while i,m dressed when im with my wife, makes me really really angry with myself. i think i felt better when i didnt understand why i dressed, can any 1 offer a helping hand.

Billie Renee
08-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Your wife seems to understand why you dress and from what you have said she seems to be supportive of you so you need to be honest and open with her and it will all come to pass. With out honesty in a relationship you have nothing and no where to go.So go to her and open your heart to her and all will work out for you.:2c:

Calliope
08-05-2006, 07:07 PM
[,...] without going into too much gorey detail, can we just say that i had an experience in my childhood that i had never told anyone about (not even my parents) lets just say that i was forced to discover sexual thoughts and desires while i was at an age when i shouldnt have been subjected to, something i felt ashamed about, guilty about and also frightened about, but also i felt a strange sexual feeling, something which i had never felt before.

Shannia,

It's obvious the experience was very jarring and painful. Although you told your wife, you are not through dealing with it. Whatever it was, it's evidently attached itself to your dressing - so, bummer. I think half the therapists and counselors out there are idiots - but, in your case, you should seek out one who isn't.

Billijo49504
08-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Want to have fun with a supporting wife, offer to go shopping with her, for both of you. And please be sure she gets a few new things too...BJ

Joy Carter
08-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Your mile ahead of me she does not want to know even though she knows that I'm socializing with others who CD.:o

Jasmine Ellis
08-06-2006, 08:38 AM
ask her about going clothes shopping with you make a day of it have dinner and do more shopping

swiss_susan
08-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Well it seems like you have already sone the hard part, by telling her both about your dressing and your experience as a child.

I would suggest just sitting down and talking about the things that bother you. Your wife seems to have made it clear she is open minded and willing to help you.

Susan

Dixie Darling
08-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Shannia,

If your wife is willing to do so, why don't BOTH of you have a look at the material on my web site. There is information there which is specific to each of you as well as some that's applicable to both. It's a clean site and it's possible that some of the pages there can open up some doors )or at least some windows) for the both of you.

Dixie -- http://www.geocities.com/senorita_cd