PDA

View Full Version : Can We Influence Our Wives/SO's?

Holly
08-05-2006, 07:04 PM
A few days ago, I went clothes shopping with my wife. She needed to buy a few new things to wear for work. She works in an elementary school office and the dress is professional, but casual. She almost always wears pants and a top to work. Imagine my surprise when she picked out a couple of skirts and really cute tops to try on. Maybe my dressing is starting to have an influence on the way she dresses! Can’t say that I’m unhappy about it at all.

Also, since I’ve started taking care of my nails and getting manicures and pedicures regularly, she has taken to taking better care of her nails as well. So, what do you think? As I enjoy more of the femme things in life, is my wife also experiencing a renewed interest in things more girlie as well? Do you think it’s possible for us to influence our wives/SO’s fashion style? (Honey, if you’re reading this, I REALLY like what you purchased). :D

Tamara Croft
08-05-2006, 07:11 PM
In one word...... YES!!!

You only have to read this: -

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=174051&postcount=1

... to know just how much you girls influence us :bs:

Karren H
08-05-2006, 07:18 PM
That's so interesting......but my wife has never seen me dressed, not even a photo!! So I'm afraid that although she knows I dress, she'd freak if she saw me!!! <sigh>

So my dressing has no effect on her, and she really really needs help....<sigh...sigh>

Love Karren

CDsWifey GG
08-06-2006, 02:08 AM
Definitely changing me....I had gotten sooo down on myself and had completely stopped primping didn't do makeup, never bought new clothes, just wore whatever other ppl threw my way or the same old stuff Id had for years and my hair was always in a plain sloppy ponytail. The more dressing and primping we do for him the more into it I get, I have been shopping like a madwoman, primping almost daily, and my hair hasn't been in a plain old ponytail in I don't know how long. I love the change it is taking on Brandy but the change in me is almost as dramatic. We are having a fun time together, building each other up.:D

Eugenie
08-06-2006, 02:16 AM
We can also influence them negatively :o

My wife will almost systematicaly buy clothes that are in a different style of the ones she can see in my wardrobe... "I'd never wear something like that.", even though my style has changed to quite casual and plain as opposed to a flashy provocative one before...

Actually I have been doing the contrary: I buy clothes that look like the one she buys :heehee:
:hugs:
Eugenie

Sally24
08-06-2006, 05:37 AM
I think that it can cause our GGs to change their thinking a little. Before I started actively dressing, my wife rarely used any make-up at all. Now she uses small amounts of everything while getting ready for work. She also is doing her nails more and has even tried the same glue on nails that I use occasionally when mine aren't long enough. Whether it's a little bit of a competittive streak, or just being more aware of appearance, I think that it's probably pretty common.

Sally

Jasmine Ellis
08-06-2006, 06:18 AM
I would say yes. Cos its just been over two weeks now of telling my wife, she's had a look at my clothes, she seen my pictures and has gone out and brought a black dress and two skirts, not for me but for her.

And we are going shopping on day next week some clothes for me and some clothes for her.

Sophia Rearen
08-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Yup. My wife buys more clothing now. I think she enjoys showing me her purchases. She gets honest opinions from me, instead of yea, yea hunny, that looks fine. Now she's more likely to hear from me something a girlfriend would say, like that top is pretty, or don't you look cute in those capris.

chanie
08-06-2006, 07:38 AM
My wife now asks me about how different items go together and my advice on what to wear.

She also wears more makeup and more feminine clothes than before. I think this is because she is scared of losing me to CDing, I only dress monthly or so, but I constantly reassure her I love her. I have been out to her for 7 years.

Ginagirl
08-06-2006, 08:12 AM
I love to shop, whether it is for me or my wife. Usually when we go E will say something like "I'm looking for some pants or a blouse". She ends up going one way and I the other with chitlins in tow. When we regroup at the dressing room I"ve got her outfits all picked out. I usually hear I didn't see that or where did you find that - that's cute. I love it and just go with it. Hey if it makes us all happy it's all good.

It's a 2 way street, if your lucky enough to each be on the same street.

Carlacd
08-06-2006, 09:17 AM
If anything i do that has changed my wife, would be her new choice of nylons. Instead of the cheaper stuff, she now buys the better denier. After lending her a pair of FF gio's and feeling the difference in the sheerness and denier. She no loner buys the cheaper stuff.

Sage GG
08-06-2006, 12:06 PM
A very big yes, when I thought he didn't care it was very hard to care about what I wore now that I know he watches everything I try to be more aware. That has lead to much more girly dressing on my part. Also I believe him now when he says "you look good in that" as he will also tell me not to wear something, It turns out I look awful in Teal, only you local CD hubby will tell you that:heehee:

fionasboots
08-06-2006, 12:37 PM
It sounds like this can be an ideal situation since both an SO and their CDing partner are going to both improve in terms of clothes, make-up, etc.

I guess being able to encourage each other will make both of you feel and act more confidently and everyone wins in that situation. :D

gennee
08-06-2006, 01:11 PM
When I showed my clothes to my wife, she commented that I have better things than she does. She has purchased some articles that look good on her. We also borrow each others skirts and tops. A lot easier on the budget.

Gennee

:D

Dana Carlton
08-07-2006, 08:38 AM
I can say that my dressing has definately influenced my wife. She has commented a number of times how I put my outfits together. We share our style secrets all the time. We met about 4 years ago (married last September), and she had never used lipliner, just lipstick. She really liked the way the lipliner looked on me, and now she uses it all the time.

My wife grew up with four brothers, and her mother died when she was 12. She never had a sister or best friend to share the "girly side" of life. She spent her teen and early 20's years caring for her brothers. Then she had three sons (she's my second wife, obviuosly). So my crossdressing to her is the sister she never had, and a way for her to share and learn.

Missy Anne's GG
08-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes indeed! Missy Anne has been a great influence on me and my sense of fashion. She has great taste in female attire and has pointed out so many little details that I never realized or considered before when I shopped. I really value her opinion!

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

GG Vanya
08-07-2006, 08:30 PM
I guess I'm the odd person out here. I have my style, and Trudi has hers.

Neither of us view dressing as competition.

This could also be due to the fact that we have very similar taste in clothes. No matter what the trend of the day is, we both dress in what I consider to be "classic/conservative" for the most part. (Those with whom I have shared pictures of myself will know what I'm talking about.)

MsEva
08-07-2006, 08:40 PM
That's so interesting......but my wife has never seen me dressed, not even a photo!! So I'm afraid that although she knows I dress, she'd freak if she saw me!!! <sigh>

So my dressing has no effect on her, and she really really needs help....<sigh...sigh>

Love Karren

Really Karren? Oh, she is missing a really cute girlfriend! I hope she will be open to it soon.

I think I have had an influence on my dear wife's look. We have purchased the same dress with different prints and of course different sizes in the past.

rocval2001
08-07-2006, 09:10 PM
My problem is when I go out with my wife, she does not like my cd ways, I look to see what I would like for my self.

Bernadina
08-07-2006, 09:21 PM
This no way I could influence my wife from a dressing or a makeup aspect. She is already more elegant than I ever will be.

However, she now has been introduced to the transgendered community and enjoys the new friends we have made and events we attend.

Glenda Grant
08-08-2006, 12:16 AM
I would say I am more aware of my appearance since I’ve learned of my husbands CD. I have always since I can remember liked to wear dresses and look nice. My sister and I had a term we called going out Show dogging when we would dress up nice. Through the years I’ve taken pretty good care of myself, and taken pride in my appearance. I did slip a little the past few years not wearing much make up unless I was going somewhere which hasn’t been very often. I used to wear pretty sexy lingerie but that turned into comfy jammies because my husband quit buying me things and we just kind quit having that kind of fun. One of the hard things I dealt with when everything came out and I saw his “Stash” was all the sexy stuff he bought for himself. I was pretty mad that he wasn’t buying things for me at the same time and he let our sex life go down hill. I was also upset when I saw all the makeup because he had all this stuff and I had just this little makeup bag with some pretty old stuff in it. It made me feel that I didn’t think very much of myself anymore that I wouldn’t spend some money to have some better stuff. Not his fault I know but it was hard for me. I now do have some sexy lingerie We bought him some new stuff too, we have rekindled our love making and I am made up more often, hair, nails etc. It is me influencing my husbands fashion style. He didn’t have a clue, most of the clothes he had went back to Goodwill. He was either a Tart or Church Lady. The tart stuff was kept for fun and play but the Polyester had to GO. His coloring is totally different than mine so I can dress him in colors that don’t look good on me but do on him. I am having fun buying things that I like but can’t wear myself. Plus we have our own look which is better than dressing alike. He is thrilled, says he’s never looked so good. He has influenced me on my shoes I must say. He seems to have a bit of a shoe fetish and he had a pair of really cool hot pink dancer shoes that I really liked and stole from him immediately. We are almost the same size; I am actually ½ size bigger! We bought several more pairs of really cute heeled shoes.