PDA

View Full Version : FTM QUESTION!!!! Binding Breasts Q?

Tamara Croft
08-05-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm asking this questions to the FTM's ONLY... I do not wish to hear from anyone else, even if you do know the answer thanks ;) unless you are the partner of a FTM CD/TS.

I was wondering.... for those of you that bind your breasts, does it hurt? I mean, I had mine binded once, but that was because they had swollen so much (breast feeding) and I remember it being really painful after a certain amount of time.

So, does it hurt? or is it comfy/not comfy/okish etc.... you know ;)

Also, another question.... we know wearing the wrong size bras can have an affect on our breasts.... lumps, cysts etc.... do you know if binding can cause the same thing? I mean you're literally squashing them as flat as you can correct? do you know if it is bad for the breast tissue at all?

mistunderstood
08-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Depends on the material you use and how tight you wrap. For me it does not hurt but I do not bind tight. I do get real hot,thats why I do not bind in the summer. Some people use tape over different things and that can really hurt from what I have read. As far as how it can affect the breast I do not know.

privateperks
08-06-2006, 02:12 AM
I've been binding off and on for ten years - and yeah, it does change your breasts. Mine are very saggy and flat, also - I do have cysts and inverted nipple - though my doctor said that was more likely to be from a medical condition that I have than from binding my chest.

Whether or not it hurts depends on what you use. When I first started, I used ace bandages. Which, I thought, being elastic would allow me to breath properly, lol, WRONG. Tape can also be pretty painful.

A specially designed chest binder is the best thing, or (what I do now) layerd sports bras.

Felix
08-06-2006, 08:07 AM
When I decided to bind I did verious things like use bandages tape and stuff. I used those like crape medical bandages but they hurt after 4 or five hours use. Now I get specially made binder vests from a site called underworks they work well and don't hurt. I have really big boobs so the affect is like havin pecs which I really like!!!!!!! I have noticed that even after a short time my boobs seem to be changin and saggin a bit but I'm not bothered really as long I get the effect I want. Hope this has helped x

CaptLex
08-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Good question, Tam. As others have said, whether it hurts depends on what you use to bind, but I think it also depends on the size of the breasts. I know some transguys that have small breasts and they can wear their binders all day without discomfort, while those that have larger breasts can get much more uncomfortable. For me, a binder is a torture device (and makes it hard to take a deep breath). I can wear it for a couple of hours, but not all day. Instead, I prefer to wear a compression sports bra - even if it doesn't flatten me completely. Either way, as Aaron mentioned, it gets very hot and that's especially hard in the summer.

I'm glad you mentioned cysts. From what I've read, some people bind too many hours in the day (and some even want to sleep with them :eek: ) and this causes cells not to breathe and nodes not to drain - they become clogged and this leads to cysts, breast tissue damage and even breast cancer. I always make sure I take my binding off as soon as I get home and don't put it on until I'm going out the door, but some people put it on first thing out of bed and take them off right before going to sleep.

Lex: cysts are growths under the skin. They can be benign (harmless) or they can get infected or become cancerous. I had read about this problem wth binding online at one time, I'm going to try to find the link and post it here.

P.S. I've also heard of guys that have broken a rib for binding too tight (ouch!).

Adam
08-06-2006, 11:26 AM
caplex said=
but some people put it on first thing out of bed and take them off right before going to sleep.
this is what i do i dident think it was wrong though or would harm to do so

i bind everyday and have done for 8 months yeah i find for some reson some days it does hurt but i still do bind because i cant bear not to i dont no for other people but yes it has flatternd my chest tissure

CaptLex
08-06-2006, 01:42 PM
caplex said=
but some people put it on first thing out of bed and take them off right before going to sleep.
this is what i do i dident think it was wrong though or would harm to do so

i bind everyday and have done for 8 months yeah i find for some reson some days it does hurt but i still do bind because i cant bear not to i dont no for other people but yes it has flatternd my chest tissure
Yeah, Adam, that's what I've read. Apparently, the breast tissue needs to be loose for at least a certain amount of time daily, or things there will not circulate properly and this can cause growths, infections, etc. I tried to find the link online, but couldn't find it. I'll keep trying. Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot of information about this stuff out there, so people don't know they can do harm to themselves. :(

privateperks
08-06-2006, 03:02 PM
http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/breast-cancer-bras-lymph-nodes.html

Basically, toxins accumulate in breast tissue and, just like anywhere else in the body, the shit is flushed out by lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are easily crushed - so if you compress them to the point of damage - toxins will build up in the tissue.

for more information, go to google and type in breast binding circulation as the key words - hit search.

I know it probably sounds idiotic, but frankly I'd rather have my tits chopped off due to circulation problems then stop binding.

Wren
08-08-2006, 03:57 AM
I have fairly small breasts so I can hide them with one sports bra and a loose shirt. When I do bind though I find the problem to be not so much pain, than loss of the ability to breath.
My breasts go down without much of a fight but god it's so hard to take a breathe after a while, especially if I'm moving around a lot. I've never gone more than about 6 hours bound and it gets kinda itchy and burns a bit but it's not extremely uncomfortable.

Kieron Andrew
08-13-2006, 09:41 AM
ive binded once or twice but to be honest with huge breasts as i have its more trouble than it worth!

Tamara Croft
08-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Wow, guys, thanks for all the info. I can get my big blue book out later and give you some advice about lymph nodes ;) and cysts etc..... us beauty therapists had to learn all about that too ;)

So, those that bind have you been to the docs to have your breasts checked to make sure they are ok?

:p Kieron.... hammock comes to mind :hiding:

Kieron Andrew
08-13-2006, 09:59 AM
:p Kieron.... hammock comes to mind :hiding:Bitch Springs to my mind!!!, i hate my top half hense TRYING to get rid!

Tamara Croft
08-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Bitch Springs to my mind!!!, i hate my top half hense TRYING to get rid!Aww honey, I was just joking :( I know how much you hate them and want rid. I can't stand mine either, not because of the same way you feel, but because they are heavy, give me back ache, are too flipping big, not natural...... having children did this to me.... didn't mean to upset you :hugs: