PDA

View Full Version : Time to get girly!

Joyce1702
08-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Dropped my disapproving wife at the airport today. She's going to our daughter's for three weeks. So the next couple of weekends I'll be getting out and about! YAY!

In preparation, I stopped at Target after dropping her off and picked up a bunch of "girl" stuff. I have enough clothes, but I wanted to get some women's health and beauty things instead of making do with my usual stuff.

I picked up a Shick "Silk Expressions" razor, Secret deodorant, Herbal Essence shampoo, some self-tanning lotion to get my white legs in shape, a new lipstick and new nail polish. The big purchase was a Braun Silk-Epil epilator. I thought it might be better than shaving my legs and arms.

I was a little nervous about trying it, with what I'd read about how painful it was, especially the first time. Fortunately, my legs are naturally almost hairless so doing them was a piece of cake. My arms were a little tougher but nothing unbearable. Got them done and put lotion on. It seems that, with regular use, this is a good way to go.

I was in the zone today. It was one of those rare days when I could shop without thinking about anyone else. I looked through the clothes in Target then went to Marshall's. I went through the Clearance racks item by item, with women all around doing the same thing. Found a pair of black capri leggings with lace trim around the bottom of the legs for 6.99 but then the checkouts were so busy that I put them down.

Overall, it was a good shopping experience and now I'm hairless and starting my "tan" for the weekend.

Joyce

Billijo49504
08-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Good luck, I hope everything goes as planned. My weekend got screwed up, I had to work Saturday. But at $51 an hour for Saturday, it's hard to say NO!!!BJ

Calliope
08-06-2006, 02:17 AM
I was in the zone today.

Ah ... and your three weeks have only started!

Charleen
08-06-2006, 06:20 AM
One word- ENJOY!!!!!!!!! Love and xxxx, Lily

Jasmine Ellis
08-06-2006, 06:23 AM
have a wonderful few weeks go out there and injoy yourself take care

Kimberly
08-06-2006, 07:10 AM
Overall, it was a good shopping experience and now I'm hairless and starting my "tan" for the weekend.

Real tan...? Please tell me it's a real tan, and not one out of a bottle!! :(

Ginagirl
08-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Hi Joyce
Sounds as if your getting off to good start. Your wife is gonna come home to a different man - I mean women - Keep us up to speed - You shold have ditched the capris so you could go back later when it was less crowded to buy. After all - you are going back to buy something...... you have 3 Weeks aahhhhh Enjoy

Michelle Ellis
08-06-2006, 05:16 PM
WooHoo! Lets get this party started! :Party2:

M

Danielle2
08-06-2006, 05:22 PM
I only had one week earlier this summer and it was heaven but THREE whole weeks, OH MY GOSH!!

Joy Carter
08-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Joyce just don't do anything I would'nt do, but do have a good time. Are you looking to find any other gurls to be with+? That would make the time so much more enjoyable.

Deanna2
08-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Have fun!

sue ellan
08-07-2006, 07:29 AM
some people have all the luck. have lots of fun:hugs:
sue ellan

Joyce1702
08-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Even though I had to work today, I was as girly as possible. Hairless arms and legs, freshly shaved underarms, nice smelling hair, and painted toenails.

When I got home this evening I found my brand new one-piece bathing suit from Lane Bryant waiting for me. And since I didn't want to wear a wig in the pool, I had also purchased one of those retro-style rubber bathing caps with the chin strap. I got it in coral to match the coral trim on my new suit.

Only one thing to do! Quickly slipped into the suit and cap and out into the pool!. It felt SOOO nice! The neighbors on one side and in the back can see into my yard if they want to but I don't care. They're strange anyway and we don't talk at all so I really don't care if they see me or not.

I need to run to the store tonight and I'm thinking of going in drab, but wearing sandals to see if anyone notices my toenails. :)

Joyce

Joyce1702
08-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Got TWO packages from LB Catalog today! One contained two knit summer dresses, one in lilac and one in fuschia, and a short-sleeve chambray shirt. The other had a light peach tunic length t-shirt, a light peach long-sleeve oxford shirt, and a multi-color seersucker top with ties on the sleeves.

Everything fit great! I'm really pleased with all my purchases from LB. And I have all weekend to get out and about wearing them.

Of course I had to take some pics in one of the dresses.

See the pics in the picture gallery.

Joyce

Joyce1702
08-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Yay, the weekend is finally here, I'm home alone, and I have new clothes!! Could it get any better than this?

After showering, shaving, a quick touch-up with the epilator, and gettng all lotioned up, I put on beige control panties, my hip padding from Glamor Boutique, a black Breezies bra from QVC with my breast forms, a Denim & Co. denim skort and t-shirt with embroidered neckline from QVC, and a chambray shirt from Lane Bryant. Tossed on make-up, wig, and jewelry and headed to Lake George, NY.

It was absolutely MOBBED there today. It was difficult finding a parking spot. Finally parked down by the state beach and walked up along the lake to where the steamboats dock. Got a soft ice-cream cone and enjoyed it by the lake. All in all, I didn't notice any bad reactions from any of the people around. I only noticed one women who looked at me a little longer than normal and I'm pretty sure she read me. But overall it was another positive experience out and about in the real world.

On the way home I stopped at a supermarket for some Corona and lime. Of course, the beer is on one end of the store and the produce is on the opposite end, so I had to go through the entire store. The topper was, they didn't have any Corona and I had to settle for Heineken. I'm glad that I'm old enough that the clerk didn't ask for ID, he'd have been in for a shock.

What great adventure will tomorrow bring?? Stay tuned!! I'm thinking of a trip to Cooperstown.

Oh, and of course, there are pics in the Gallery.

Joyce