PDA

View Full Version : Nuking your Boobs

judyk
08-06-2006, 06:20 AM
Nuking your Boobs

The other day when I got dressed I put my forms in and as normal they were cold, it normally takes 20 to 30 minutes for them to warm up.
I have TRANSFORM SUPER SOFT Classic size 2 from the BreastFormStore, on my 120 lbs frame they give me a B borderline C, I thought to my self I microwave my tea when it gets cold, so in the microwave they whent.
Time 30 seconds, then back in my bra, they where great, warmer then me and after about 5 minuets they and my body had settled down to be equal.

Be careful with the time until you know what works for you.

Hugs

JudyK

Charleen
08-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Like the old commercial- "Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the oven". Love and xxxx, Lily

Tina Dixon
08-06-2006, 06:27 AM
Nuking silicon:eek:

Jasmine Ellis
08-06-2006, 06:45 AM
Well I thought I heard it all, well I have now

Sam-antha
08-06-2006, 06:57 AM
I would have thought they would either have gone bang or gone sloppy...
~Samm

Raychel
08-06-2006, 07:07 AM
Sounds pretty risky to me. I live in fear that something will happen to mine. I don't think that I will try that.

Kimberly
08-06-2006, 07:08 AM
"Where's the kaboom? There's meant to be an Earth-shattering kaboom!"
(Loony Toons.)

Ginagirl
08-06-2006, 07:36 AM
That would work for me as long as I could warm up my coffee at the same time..... haha

Phyliss
08-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Re-print from warning label on box: Caution remove form from body before warming in microwave oven.

Kate Simmons
08-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Yikes, this give the old expression: "Colder than a Witch's ... new meaning. LOL Ericka:happy:

GypsyKaren
08-06-2006, 10:15 AM
My reservations are that by unnaturally heating the silicone, you might be altering the chemical composition of it. Whether this would cause any problems down the road is something I don't know, but considering the high cost involved, do you really want to risk damaging them for a few moments of comfort? Something to think about...

Karen

Rachel Morley
08-06-2006, 10:24 AM
An alternative might be putting them in bowl of hot water for a couple of minutes.

Pauline Brown
08-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I would have expected them to melt.
However the mind boggles at Gypsy Karen's "problems down the Road" : the sudden bang in situ ?, a sudden droop, Sheesh : I'd love to see it happen.

And, Ericka........., A witches' what ??

Pauline

Stephenie S
08-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Well girls, I put my PALS in the microwave for a minute or so before I put them on. I am VERY careful about the time and I feel them often (in the oven silly) (well, OK, I feel them often when I am wearing them too) to make sure they do not get too hot. I can not say if this will harm silicone, but it has not had ANY effect on the gel in the PALS.

This is one of the major problems with the PALS breastform. That is, it does not transmit body heat well. It won't warm up to body temp on the outside (and I mean the nipple side) just from your body heat the way silicone will. After having them on for several hours, the back is nice and warm, but when you feel the front side it can often be quite cold. BIG BUMMER! "Woops, that broad sure has cold tits!".

So I put them in the microwave. It helps a bit. I am looking forward to real silicone, though. Or maybe even my own, as I have an apointment with the edocrinologist next month. Wow, wouldn't that be nice?

Lovies,
Stephenie

KathlyLC
08-06-2006, 10:52 AM
And just how many would nuke em if that cold made thre nipple poke out? Probably none.:heehee:

If the forms are in deed silicone warming them to 100 deg or less should not hurt or alter them, however if they are filled with that jelled mineral oil stuff then it may present problems down the road, and I am not sure how the "envelope they are in will hold up. All forms are not created equal by any means. I have a pair of high end forms made by Amoena (sp/), but on the papers that was included with them, it said they can be warmed slightly by placing forms in a bowl of warm water for a short period of time, towel dried and then placed. I would be carefull with any forms if you warm them in a microwave

Casey Morgan
08-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Microwaving breastforms? Why do I get the feeling that's the male mind at work?

lynn27
08-07-2006, 01:33 PM
I usually fill the bathroom sink with really hot water and soak the forms for several minutes. serves the same purpose and you don't have to worry about explosions, rutures, or other problems down the Road...:2c:

Lynn

PaulaJeanette
08-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Why would any one of us RISK damaging your breast forms? I don't know about others, but I wouldn't even think of potentially damaging my breast forms by putting them in the micro...even for a second or two.

To me, putting on my bra with warm rather than cold breast forms is certainly not worth the risk. While I'm not positive, I would think that bombarding the silicone in your breast forms with microwaves surely must NOT be good for their longevity. If anything, over time, the silicone would likely harden and having hard breasts would most definitely not be preferable...no more bouncing and jiggling :( :angry:

Hugs,

PaulaJeanette

Julie York
08-07-2006, 01:57 PM
It might have an effect like Gamma Rays, which as you know from 50s Sci-Fi films are capable of doing anything! Your breasts might Mutate and kill you one night! Of course it would require a thunderstorm and dramatic music.....but you never know.

:D