PDA

View Full Version : Help 911

Joy Carter
08-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Need advice here gurls, I have finally met another gurl like me. We met for breakfast then an air show it was so self assuring to me that I was with another and he was completely as normal can be. We had a great time and we are planning to get together in some form once a month in the future. I'm just starting into active Cd I have no clothes and have to get out and start shopping. My problem is how do I handle the wife and how do I handle my dressing. There is no way I can dress at home because my son lives with us. And she has said that she does not want to see me dressed. I can't even practice my makeup but for only a couple hours a week. I have a place in the house to keep my stuff although it's not a lot of room. I have resigned the fact that I will be dressing in a hotel some where then go out from there. And just how do you gurls store you stuff I'm so amazed and some of you gurls who say the wife or girl friend is not accepting and yet you always post photos of yourselves in so many different clothes. Any advice here a birth of a sorts in waiting you input. :o

Pauline Brown
08-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Well Joy,we witches here on the hill stash our special stuff in a cave.
I do have friends in real life, who have a similar problem to you. The self employed keep it in their offices and workshops. Some keep it in luggage lockers on railway stations and at sports centres, and some keep it under the floor in their cars.
I think the most practical solution is to keep a caravan or cottage somewhere, which can then also be used for other purposes.

It all comes down to personal circumstances, and how wealthy you are !

We could rent space on the hill to you, but you'd then need a broomstick and flying lessons, and a caravan may well be the cheapest option.

Hope this is helpful.

Pauline

Stephenie S
08-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Dear Joy,

A caravan is a trailer, often decked out with spartan living arrangments. We might call it a camper. Sounds like good advice.

However, if you live anywhere near a major metropolitan area, (and even suburban areas) you will find CD clubs that often rent out space for storage and a place to dress and put on your makeup. This is so common. Google CD or transvestite clubs. Maybe someone here can give you some Ohio info. I know that you could find something in Columbus, but I don't know where you are in Ohio.

Could you lock your stuff in a trunk in the garage? Attic? At a friends house? We need to stick together on these issues. A 8ft by 10ft storage locker here in Vermont costs about $35 - $50 a month. Plenty of space for storing far more than a few clothes. No heat in the winter though. Tell your wife you are going to clean out the garage so she can park her car inside. Then rent a locker for all the junk and keep a locked suitcase there and change in a motel room.

A bit of creative thinking will provide you with some other answers. Some people just keep stuff in the trunk of their car.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Michelle Ellis
08-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Joy... first of all that's great that you got to meet someone you can talk to.

Secondly, take it from someone who's very nosy :p there was no hiding anything from me :tongueout if I were you and I had to keep my 'stash' at home it would probly be in a safe.

Maybe your wife will come around someday, I wonder if reading could help her.

Anyhow, hope things go well :) And have fun shopping!

M

Di
08-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Glad you met someone to talk to.....i'd keep your stuff at home....since the wife knows...( and thats a good thing) maybe she will one day come around....but i'd keep the stuff at home...maybe in something you could keep locked. Have fun shopping for your new clothes.

NighttimeGirl
08-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Glad you met someone to talk to.....i'd keep your stuff at home....since the wife knows...( and thats a good thing) maybe she will one day come around....but i'd keep the stuff at home...maybe in something you could keep locked. Have fun shopping for your new clothes.

yeah thats as good as advice i seen on here, keep them at home, I know it can be hard but if your wife knows like it has been said she may get more tolerant and inquisitive,
I know before my g/f was accepting she always said to me "you can do it but out the way" but the first time she found out she didnt want to know, funnily enough I told her in caravan, needless to say she kicked me out and after about five minutes walking time she called me back in,
she is so tolerant now to the point of helping me with my make up and going shopping together and other girly things like nights in and so on,
You never know this could also have a happy ending,
Is your friend living in a house were they can change, if so go round there and get ready together, beats running around in a darkened room on your own trying to get things right, I know I been there, and also you can help each other with opinions and by talking
I am so glad you have met someone else to share with Joy I see you on the forum a lot and you always got nice comments for everyone else
you deserve it
Good luck wherever you go and whatever happens :hugs:

:love:

DonnaT
08-06-2006, 06:01 PM
It would be best if you were honest with your wife. Lies and suspicion make strange bed fellows.

Karren H
08-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Well a couple ideas for you.....as far as practicing you makeup, I had a small makeup kit hidden under the kickplate of the bathroom cabinet and every morning before I showered I would practice. Then wash it off in the shower before work. Wife never suspected my longish showers, did this for almost 2 years!!

As far a storage I keep numerous nylon travel totes all packed and ready to go, couple at work and one at home. For those last minute opertunities like this afternoon, and friday afternoon!! Hehehe. I also keep some dresses at a friends where they can be hung up!

Hope this helps and hope everything works out for you!! Be careful please....

Love Karren

Joy Carter
08-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks Linda, Di, Michelle, Stephenie, Pauline and of course Karren. My wife is in the know just not accepting. She has never been one to talk between us I'm the one who does all the talking. Donna I have been up front with it's one of my worst traits being honest. She did say she was worried about me but I assured her that I would take care of myself an she knows that, I will always come back the same way I left. I know where my heart is it's my brain that is out there.:silly: Love ya babe :love: