PDA

View Full Version : Femine short haircut......

52DDRenee
08-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Quick question........

I have mid back length hair, and SO wants me to cut it (BAD!!):eek: .

Any ideas for a femine short doo??? Thanks!!

Julogden
08-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi Renee,

Oh wow, I've always wanted hair like yours, but have been cursed with baby-fine hair that never gets longer than almost shoulder length, and now it's thinned and receeded a lot too. Bah humbug!

Is there no way to keep it long? If I were you I'd do just about anything (anything legal anyway) to keep it!!

Good luck,
Carol:hugs:

Wendy me
08-06-2006, 05:31 PM
wow were did i hear that before ?????????.......lol my wife was always saying you need a hair cut ....now my hair is 11 inches past my shoulders and she has given up on the hair cut thing.....we fought about my hair .... then we talked and that worked out better than fighting ....

we reached a agreement she likes her hair short ,.... i like hers long .....she likes my hair short ,..... i like my hair long ......now i won't tell her how to wear her hair and she wont tell me how to wear mine .... still get that you look like a girl line but thats a good thing..........

Ms. Donna
08-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Quick question........

Any ideas for a femine short doo??? Thanks!!

Best bet: sit down with your stylist and discuss some options. Tell them for what you are looking and go from there.

You aren't the first crossdresser - nor will you be the last - that they have as a client. :)

Love & Stuff,
Donna

dani_grl03
08-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Here are some of the pics I took into my stylist and she did me up just perfect. I were it done up all the time. Its done with longer bangs and shorter in the back so it poofs up and is kinda spiky.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/dani_grl03/76f11ae6.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/dani_grl03/4d41b98b.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/dani_grl03/c21d671c.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/dani_grl03/52163b6c.jpg

Karren H
08-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Don't cut it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Karren

Holly O'Niell
08-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Don't care how femimine it looks when short, if you cut it - you will regret it.

Scotty
08-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm growing mine back out, should take 6 months or so to get to a point where I can have it look like this.......(Amanda Tapping from SG-1)......

Calliope
08-06-2006, 09:18 PM
In my opinion, Twiggy was, and remains, the goddess of fem short hair ... nevertheless I dig mine long as possible ... and if it's not too bold, may I suggest the second you cut your hair for your partner, she'll begin scheming up your next sacrifice.

Cherry Lynn
08-06-2006, 09:23 PM
I was just wondering if you tell her how to wear her hair.

Charleen
08-06-2006, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=52DDRenee;522575]Quick question........

If you cut it, it sure wiil be bad! Don't Do It! Love and xxx, Lily

tekla west
08-07-2006, 12:49 AM
I went the better part of a decade without cutting my hair, but going out into the desert to see Madonna in a 110 degree dance tent was too much, so I cut it all. Change is not all bad sometimes. Talk to your stylist, everyone told me I looked way younger, not a bad deal.

Kristen Kelly
08-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Cut it some but not short, talk to your stylist, I have been growing out mine, just had blonde highlites added, to a layered shag, its over the ears and how I style it could look fem or drab

Bev06 GG
08-07-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi Girls,
Its funny isn't it, most CDs want long hair, yet most women over the age of 40 have it cut short. It makes us look younger and is every bit as feminine as long hair. I can understand tho, if you have heavy features, wanting to have it long because it does soften the face.
I wish tho, that you wouldn't all harp on about telling your wifes or partners what they should do, and tit for tat stuff. Some women really struggle with the CD issue, and it is after all still regarded as a social taboo. How about alittle support and understanding. Digging your heals in and being as stubborn as your wife or partner seems to be, is only going to end up in tears because its fighting talk. I can understand your frustration but wheres all this support and understanding that your always wanting from your other halfs, it is a two way thing and very advisable to take things easy. I tell the kids that I look after at kids club to negotiate every day, it gets them much further than stubborn refusal to see somebody else's point of view. After all, if your partner is telling you she prefers you with a different look, how lucky are you. Alot of women wouldn't even hang around to argue about it.
Take care
BEVxxxx

Kate Simmons
08-07-2006, 04:02 AM
Check some wig catalogs. They have some really cool short do's that look nice, depending on the shape of the face. I have a hairdresser friend that makes me look good in long or short hair. Ericka

Jasmine Ellis
08-07-2006, 08:12 AM
don't cut it

Sophia Rearen
08-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Try this http://www.thehairstyler.com/ It's alot of fun and you won't be disappointed with the results. It's like a try before you buy haircut.

Ginagirl
08-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Bev,
Great point... I think sometimes we get a little caught up in things. Generally, long isn't shaped and a shorter more styled cut could be more flattering? Talk to your stylist, they probably have the best answer.

Barbara G
08-07-2006, 04:44 PM
I have always admired the pageboy the Jane Wyman often wore in her movie roles AND I simply adore the look that Shirley MacClain sported in "The Apartment". If I had the hair for it, I'd get mine cut and styled like that right now...

Unfortunately, there's very little on top and for bangs, so it's wigs for me. I don't have one like the styles I admire. Can anyone suggest a source for one?

CindyFinalyFree
08-07-2006, 05:26 PM
I think Bev makes a great point. I myself am trying to come out 'again' to my girlfriend (long made short, I told her before we got together 'again' 6 years ago, but due to her reaction after we went out [me en femme], didn't follow through. I've just recently gained her approval [possibly not as sincere as I would like to hope, but approval nonetheless] to do my nails this weekend.. was great, and didn't seem to bother her too much).

Anywho, someone posted in another thread something along the lines of 'remember that who she fell in love with was the 'male' you' [if that's the case, of course]. To your SO, it's likely a constant reminder every time she sees you. My advice would be the same as the majority so far... talk to a stylist and see if there's something you can 'do up', but will serve the dual purpose of expressing to your SO that you're still her man. :2c:

As for what sacrifice comes next... No-one can assume comprimise will guarentee more comprimise. But one thing's for sure.... she has no doubt comprimised a great deal by being with you after coming out. At any rate, if you 'do' get it cut, you've shown her you value her feelings...

Mind you; the above is assuming that your CD is still an issue, which I would have a hard time believing that it's not at least part, if not most of her reason for the request. It wouldn't hurt to discuss 'why' she wants you to cut it, for that matter. Confirmation before you follow through will assure the above paragraph, provided you don't get a completely femme cut. Kinda defeating the purpose there, ya think?

Edit...
looking back at the original post... you're just looking for ideas on the cut to get.... leaving the rest of my post though, as what I believe to be good advice for others. As for your request.. I like Sam's cut a LOT. Especially with a full bang to hide the brow shape, if you have strong features.

Dee 1062
08-07-2006, 05:39 PM
you'll be sorry......!

brun123
08-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I really like the first one

angelfire
08-21-2006, 03:42 PM
I keep my hair VERY short. My hair is naturally curly, and if I wanted feminine hair I would want it straight. Hell, I want my male hair to be straight, but no such luck there either. Once it gets long enough for my to see, its time for a cut because I can't do anything with it. I usually get a number 2 on the sides and back, and get it really short on top as well.

tv_rachael
08-23-2006, 12:41 PM
ghd's are great :)

i am growing mine and can straighten when needed - its far too short atm...

need about 6 months more growth

52DDRenee
08-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Well, I've deceided it stays LONG! Thanks for all of the help, girls!!!

Denise_Z
08-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Dies anyone know who the woman is in the third picture in post #5? She looks kind of familiar but I can't place the face.

Snookums
09-14-2006, 05:27 PM
there are a lot of short haircuts that work,I'm letting my hair grow out a little more than I'm getting a Betty Boop perm

JeanneF
09-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, I just got back from a visit to my stylist. I've been growing my hair out gradually, now it's to the point that I can really style it. One of the current trends for guy's hair is the longer. messy, "mod" look, which lends itself nicely to a short feminine cut. There is definitely a girly look to my hair now, especially with my "librarian" glasses. If I have time tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to experiment with some makeup and see if it may finally be time to retire the wigs. :)