PDA

View Full Version : The past year.......

Melissa Ryan
08-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Around a year ago I joined this forum, I remember reading a post where some one said that they even go into pay for fuel dressed. I was amazed at this and couldnt imagine bein brave enough myself to face to face someone out in public.
I have been goin out in public for a long time prior to joining here, but always hid behind Lyn.

I realised last night after I had gone into a shop dressed and bought stuff without worryin bout bein dressed or even my voice, that I now have wound up where I never thought I could be. I guess things do change. I have felt a lot more confident in day to day life as well, the more comfortable I have become as Melissa.

I am happy! :happy:

Sharon
08-06-2006, 07:51 PM
I am happy! :happy:

Very cool, Melissa. :happy: It's amazing looking back in time and realizing that the things we take for granted now were such huge hurdles to bound not so long ago.

I joined the forum not quite two years ago, and up to that point, I had rarely even ventured outdoors, and even then it was always late at night where no one would see me. Now it's difficult to imagine not doing so.

I am happy for you!

Melissa Ryan
08-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Thankyou Sharon! Thats zactly what I was meaning, you dont even notice how things change. But lookin back now, I can see them! Lyn and I went to a sunday market yesterday and I was dressed. Is normal now! :happy:

ChristineRenee
08-06-2006, 07:59 PM
You know that I am happy for you too sis. I joined two years ago, and the strides that I have made from when I first joined to now..well...it's hard to even measure. I think the best part is that my wife Penny has finally "gotten" Chrissie. It took a lot of time in our 12 year marriage...but I have to say in all honesty that it was worth it to finally have her reach a level of acceptance with the female that lives within me. I give a lot of credit to forums such as this one, my very good friend Tamara who e-mailed Penny and gave her a lot of food for thought regarding the man that she was married to, and many others who are members of this forum and another forum who have contributed mightly to make my honey feel a part of this very special community of ours.:hugs::love:

Melissa Ryan
08-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Well ya know you been with me all the way through! Thankyou! :love: :hugs:

GypsyKaren
08-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Same for me Melissa! If you had told me a couple of years ago that not only I'd be out to the world but going out dressed, I'd have laughed in your face. And now? I do it everyday and live full time as a woman. Go figure...

Karen

Di
08-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Awesome Melissa...very happy for you...i'm so glad you are finding peace..being you :hugs:

Billijo49504
08-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Well Melissa, that's what a support group is supposed to do. To help you make it over the hard spots. To let you know you are not alone. To be with you, if only in spirit, but to give you support. I'm lucky, my wife is very supportave. So if you are alone, come her we will be with you...BJ
ps. if you have a negitive coment, please keep itto your self. But if you got a supportive comment, spead it al around.....BJ

Joy Carter
08-07-2006, 12:21 AM
As tough as it sounds we all need to be icons of CDing that will pave the way for others as well as our selves.

Deborah
08-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Had a moment of deja vu there. Do i know you from somewhere Melissa? ;)

Melissa Ryan
08-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Is no Deja vu! This is me and you is yoo! Howdy! :happy:

Melissa Ryan
08-07-2006, 01:46 AM
ps. if you have a negitive coment, please keep itto your self. But if you got a supportive comment, spead it al around.....BJ

I was wonderin what you mean by this? I not here for trouble?! :sad:

Ashley Helen
08-07-2006, 01:51 AM
I am so happy for you Melissa. A year ago I was a closet crossdresser who had done no more than look at a few girls sites on the internet. I am still in the closet but came across this website and am now in contact with girls like me. Small steps but definite progress.

Love

Helen xx

Khriss
08-07-2006, 03:05 AM
Hey .. truth be told ..many - or most of us ..out and about in the real world ,likely exemplify "femmeninity" as much as Genetic Girls !? while there are still a sexual connotation (s)..to get over eh ?? You are far from "threatening" !! Melissa .. hang in there ! xx"K"

Kate Simmons
08-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Hi Melissa, I don't even think about it anymore. I don't change the way I talk, the way I walk or anything like that. I don't need anyone's "permission" to be Ericka. I pretty much just go about my business being myself and it just seems to be natural. I figure no one else asks permission to be themself, why should I? Take care, Ericka

Jasmine Ellis
08-07-2006, 08:35 AM
WOW what a year makes, way to go good on you. thanks for sharing

Olivia
08-07-2006, 03:07 PM
It so true Melissa that the forum has helped a lot. It encouraged us to push the envelope, to try harder at living life as we wanted. It challenged us to go out, or dress more or feel more free about it and opened so many other wonderful doors that allowed us to think and live differently. I'll have been a member two years on New Year's Eve, and it amazes me to stop and realize how much I've changed.

And let me please add: Hieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Mel!!!!!!:D 'she'll be apples'
Olivia

Melissa Ryan
08-08-2006, 04:37 AM
No worries Olivia! I been flat out like a lizzard drinkin doncha know mate! Hows yoo doin?! :D :hugs:

swiss_susan
08-08-2006, 04:53 AM
I know how you feel Melissa,

Ill be coming up on my 1 year in november, and I can see the difference.

great post,

Susan