PDA

View Full Version : Sitting Down.....????

McLegs
08-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi Girls,
This may be a dumb one but here goes. I thought I had the sitting down part figured out: legs against the seat, brush skirt against butt & lower thy self gracefully. This works fine when at my computer desk. I can sit with ankles crossed off to the side or shit the big old butt & cross legs one over the other. Now here's where I have trouble: on my living room couch. Start out with the basic moves but if I leave my legs out in front of me, my knees seem to be 3 feet in the air. In order to shift the legs to the side, I need to sit on the edge of the couch, looks like I'm getting up. If I try to cross my legs, my bottom foot winds up side ways on the floor. Sitting on the couch feels & looks awkward. I've tried the pillow behind the back, looks better,but still can figure where to slide the feet to look ladylike? So let's here from the experts.

Thanks Girls,
Michelle:blushing:

Kate Simmons
08-07-2006, 07:03 PM
That works I guess but when no one is looking, I just plop down on my seat like any other red blooded American woman. Who's gonna tell anyway? Ericka

tekla west
08-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Some seating arrangements are not ment for skirts, choose a different chair.

Charleen
08-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Sounds like either don't worry about it, or get another couch that's higher. Love and xxxx, Lily

QZ2
08-07-2006, 08:27 PM
I too have a low down couch. Yes, back up with your legs against the front of the couch like you said. Gently (plop) sit, knees together, feet together in front of you, back straight. With the knees way up in the air twist yourself at the waist to move the knees off to one side until your thighs are flat on the couch. the feet should still be together directly in front. Don't try to cross the legs or the knees will come back up in the air.

Does it work for you? It does for me...:happy:

Luv, Susie

GG Vanya
08-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Meh, sofas....get an old fashioned chaise or "fainting couch". One can always assume a feminine position on one of those!

tekla west
08-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Is not the proper posistion for a woman on a fainting couch prone, on back and passed out?

Kate Simmons
08-08-2006, 05:40 AM
Is not the proper posistion for a woman on a fainting couch prone, on back and passed out?Only if you want to be "taken advantage of" Hon. LOL Ericka

Jasmine Ellis
08-08-2006, 07:11 AM
here are a few of my pictures and one of me out side,

tekla west
08-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Well the fainting couch, a common deal in Victorian homes, was there for the named reason. In Victorian times women tended to faint and swoon a lot. At the time it was attributed to being the "weaker sex" as they would have it. It turned out it was the corsets and they could not breathe. When skirts and shirtwaists became the fashion at the turn of that century the need for such items decreased.

LeAnn
08-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Just sitl on a bar stool, under a kitchen table, or stand up all the time.

LeAnn

Stephenie S
08-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I agree, it's much harder with our longer and less flexible legs. I feel silly with my knees up in the air like that. Try bringing your legs up on the couch tucked under and to one side. Take off your shoes first. All of this becomes easier with practice. We often forget that GGs have been practicing all their lives. My daughters heard, "Sit like a lady", from my wife, everyday for years as they were growing up.

Steph

McLegs
08-08-2006, 01:57 PM
I too have a low down couch...... Does it work for you? It does for me...:happy:

Luv, Susie

Hi Girls,
Thanks Susie, Right You are. You are the Wiser!

Hugs All Around,
Michelle

linnea
08-08-2006, 03:54 PM
a fainting or swooning couch was a popular nineteenth century feature in the homes of well-to-do families. It was often located in the boudoir of the female head of household and served as a place for her to swoon or faint with genteel sighs onto her back (supine, not prone, by the way). It was easy to "fall" onto, given its design, for a woman who was tightly corseted and thus unable to bend in much of any way. In some cases, the woman might truly be short of breath and about to faint. In many cases, however, "fainting" became an affectation for women who wanted attention.

With its built-in pillow it made a comfortable place for all kinds of fainting and swooning and lounging.

Is not the proper posistion for a woman on a fainting couch prone, on back and passed out?