PDA

View Full Version : Envy is not becoming

rocval2001
08-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Girls I only joined a couple of days ago after finding this site. I am envous of many of you that can dress on a regualr occasion and ecspecially those who can do it everyday. I have spent many a day wondering what it would be like. Completely shaven, pieced ears and walking among the world as I feel I should be. My dressing is very limited. I often think that at 6'1" I am too tall then I see a tall women and think I could do this. Only if I knew then what I knew now...........
Thanks for letting me ramble - Valeri

Bernadina
08-07-2006, 09:30 PM
From my perspective, you are still young and have lots of time.

If you want your CDing life to evolve, I'm sure you will eventually find ways to make it work. Don't look at it as envy, just as something to work towards.

I know some GG's who are over 6' and carry it very well. Even wearing 5" heels.

Enjoy the dream for now and watch it grow into reality.

tekla west
08-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Well we all wish we knew then what we know now so we could have bought Intel and Microsoft stock and sold the Enron stuff .... be that as it may, knowing what you know today, what are you going to do tomorrow?

Sharon
08-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Bernadina and Tekla have both pretty much said it, but you're not too old to live for today and think about tomorrow, much less regretting what you may or may not have done in the past. Gads, you're five years yonger than I am! Where does that put me? You're also just an inch taller than I am, and the only compromise I make to my height is to wear lower heels in public, which is more to my liking anyway.

Pierced ears are not a big deal these days, and people get them at all ages. Shaving? Unless you're hairy hairy, don't expect many people to even notice if you shave. And even if you are, if you can slowly eliminate (trim closer, bleach, etc.) the hair, most people, again, will never notice, especially men who tend not to notice anything at all.

So -- give up the regrets, concentrate more on what will make you happy today.

Charleen
08-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Just watched Dustin Hoffman on " Inside the Actors Studio" and when asked his least favorite word, he replied there were three- Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda. What we have is now. Yesterday is history, tommorrow is a promise. Love and xxxx, Lily

Scotty
08-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I always heard it like this:

No sense worrying about the past - you can't control that.
No sense worrying about the future - you can't control that (yet).
Worry about the present so you will have a fu ture and be able to look back on a happy past.

Something to that affect, although not exact.

I can dress every day but I don't......last couple days it's been hot so I've hung out in the back in short shorts and a tank top....

I'm 6'1 3/4 (i'm shrinking! ) - no worries, besides if you go out in public I assume you'll be with other tall people.

Kate Simmons
08-08-2006, 05:47 AM
Sharon is right. You're just a youngin' compared to me. I'd kill to be your age again. I'm 59 and really started coming out at 54. Must be the mindset, I dunno. I seem to have tons of energy these days. My point is you are never too old to be yourself. I love your avatar BTW, same one I used to use. It tells me you have class, Hon. Ericka:love:

rocval2001
08-08-2006, 05:57 AM
Thank you - you girls are great - :love:

Jasmine Ellis
08-08-2006, 08:29 AM
there are women out there who is tall you are young so enjoy youself

pinkshelly
08-08-2006, 01:36 PM
I figure it like this: i've live for 40 years by others rules, now it time for me to be me, or Shelly, or something like that. When life is all said and done will anyone really care. If they do, it's there fault for putting so much energy into something that is no concern of theres.
Huggs, Shelly.

noname
08-08-2006, 02:48 PM
I once had a gf that was over 6 foot. It's not common, but they are there