PDA

View Full Version : Shopping at Elder-Beerman

Avsblues19
08-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Hello friends. There is a chain of department stores in the midwest called Elder-Beerman. I was wondering if any of you had shopped there and what were your experiences like. There is one about 20 miles away (in Middletown, OH) that I have been to once. When I was there shopping with my mom, because she is handicapped, it was pretty deserted. It seems like the perfect place to have my first shopping experience. However, I need some SA help since I really don't know my size. I want to e-mail them asking if they can help me, but they reply by phone and I don't want my mom to find out. I would call but just thinking about doing that gets my heart racing. Can anyone help me?

Jodi
08-08-2006, 08:18 PM
I've shopped at the Elder-Beerman in Erie, PA. (It is now a BonTon). I shopped in drab. When looking at clothes, I told the SA's they were for me. I used the dressing room in the female area. One SA told me that she had come from Chicago where she was friends with many cd's. I also tried on shoes in the shoe dept when in drab.

I wouldn't call ahead or e-mail. Just go in, be open, and ask an SA to help you. I believe that the SA's in E-B work on commission. Just remember, if an SA works hard to help you, buy something.

Jodi

CDsWifey GG
08-08-2006, 10:48 PM
I worked at an Elder-Beerman in my area for three years, they do not work on commission, but they are very big on keeping everyone involved in pushing the sales and they do keep an eye on how much each person sells and inspire competitiveness between associates. If a CD had come in to try on clothes while I was working there even before I knew about CDing I would have pushed to sell to them the same as anyone else and feel confident many of the others would have too. The fitting rooms in most are set up in such a way I believe it would be a good place to try. (You don't have to check in with anyone, just walk in.)

Dee 1062
08-08-2006, 10:59 PM
To expensive, Their are less expensive stores to go to, try Cato, I shop at one and the two girls there let me try on cloths and even help me pick the right cloths out....But I do admit...Wal-marts is also a great place to shop at night, Open 24-7

Jasmine Ellis
08-09-2006, 04:52 AM
To expensive, Their are less expensive stores to go to, try Cato, I shop at one and the two girls there let me try on cloths and even help me pick the right cloths out....But I do admit...Wal-marts is also a great place to shop at night, Open 24-7

That sounds good shopping if you can't sleep

Avsblues19
08-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the advice Jodi, CDsWifey GG, and Dee! I think I will just walk in there and ask for some help. I love going to Wal-mart at night. I just came back from one. But one problem is that they close their dressing rooms and usually there is about one or two lanes open. This causes lines which would give other people in line plenty of time to see what you are buying. I use to work as an unloader at Wal-mart and I would see the loveliest clothing and lingerie on racks in the back. I wanted to feel them and try them on soo much.