PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or do the..

chantelle
12-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Holidays make us feel more manly than it always does,and does it mean that a lot of threads are gonna be as morose as this one..

Just a thought.....

Trinity_cat
12-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Don't blame the holidays , it's because we have to spend more time in guy mode

"my opiniion only"

Trinity_cat
12-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Jenny is only depressed because she has nothing to wear hehe

ps....hope you have a sense of uk humour,

Sharon
12-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Holidays make us feel more manly than it always does,and does it mean that a lot of threads are gonna be as morose as this one..

Just a thought.....

With all the decorating and shopping, I feel just the opposite!

Sharon
12-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey I was going to say that!!!! ;)

I type faster than you do! :)

Trinity_cat
12-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Great answer Sharon,
except I hate shopping and decorating.
apart from that I'm right behind you... lol

Sandra H
12-11-2004, 06:17 PM

Just a thought.....

If I was any less manly, Id be a woman :D

Sharon
12-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Great answer Sharon,
except I hate shopping and decorating.
apart from that I'm right behind you... lol

Well, he never cared for it too much either, but I find it a little more enjoyable, at least when I can be myself.

Sweet Susan
12-11-2004, 10:58 PM
The holidays don't make me feel manly, at all. They make me feel ready to get it over with.

Wenda
12-11-2004, 11:56 PM
The Christmas/New years season was always a huge production at our house, with my ex orchestrating increasingly complex celebrations. two full sized trees, thousands of outside lights, cooking, presents, etc, etc. We had a hell of fight during Christmas our last year together, and now I have a nice dinner at my place for the kids, and my gf and I leave town. I can't say I feel more or less 'manly'. I do feel sad, lamenting the loss of the dream of the perfect home that we tried to create. Probably an illusion. wenda.

Marlene4a
12-12-2004, 01:00 AM
The holidays are times to reflect.

No different than any other time.
Ok, so that makes me feel more womanly.

Lol.
Love

Tristen Cox
12-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi Chantelle, dispite my current internal conflicts that are weighing me down lately, the one thing about the holidays is it's a feeling time, and I don't get that from being manly. Infact I feel more alive and feminine now more than any other time of the year. Just want the little santa slippers :p

Love
Tristen

StephanieCD
12-12-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm always too panicked to feel pretty... except on New Year's - and then I always secretly wish I was the one in the long shimmery dress with a cosmo martini and the lipstick to match it :(

SatinSarah
12-13-2004, 04:06 PM
I feel more girly near christmas - all those lovelly black party dresses. I have just done some Christmas shopping - browsing the underwear section - I just bought new make up and some bargain shoes as well as a little red satin nightie . can't wait to get home from work.

No - I'm not manly but ever more girly. It is such a girly time of year.

Vallari
12-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Interesting observation about the feeling of manliness during the holidays. Actually like others have mentioned I feel more femme then usual as well. Might actually have a gurls night out with some GF's of mine on New Years!

DeniseNY
12-13-2004, 04:43 PM
At least for me, I feel more girly during this time of year. I go to all the stores and shop for whatever I need and don't have to look over my shoulder or feel funny about it.

But this time of year is more and more depressing for me as I get older..

Krissi
12-13-2004, 06:15 PM
For me its a strange time of year. Usually work is slow leaving me plenty of time to sit here with my femme thoughts, but I get home and its already dark and lots of stuff to do at home getting ready for the holidays. Putting up the lights and dragging out the decortations makes me feel pretty manly, but then actually decorating the house and such makes me feel femme. It really is a busy time, too busy to enjoy boy or girl mode for me.

Jenessa Michelle
12-13-2004, 06:28 PM
I don't mean to be depressing but from about thanksgiving until about the middle of January is the hardest time of the year for me, has been for the last 16 to 18 years. I get very irritable and cranky, everything sets me off, I hate the general population more then usual and I bottom out emotionally to the point it's a miracle I don't tell God "You can't fire me, I quit." I can't wait for the holidays to be over.:(

Julie
12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
From about Mid September over here we have Crimbo (Christmas) coming at us from all directions, either the advertising or in the stores. The nearer it gets to the event the more I am not looking forward to it.

I'll be shutting myself away for 2 or 3 days relaxing on my own just being Julie.

JJ