PDA

View Full Version : Izzard: Calling all transvestites

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-08-2006, 12:25 AM
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/izzard%20promotes%20transvestite%20celebs_1004338

Cross-dressing comedian EDDIE IZZARD has appealed for more straight transvestites to "come out", so people will start taking him seriously. The funnyman-turned-actor is fed up of accusations his female fashion sense is a gimmick and hopes greater media coverage of the tendency will make it more acceptable. Although he's already been supported by Turner Prize-winning potter GRAYSON PERRY, Izzard insists there's room for more famous cross-dressers. He says, "What was great about Grayson winning the Turner is he's a straight transvestite, like me. Until he came along, people thought I was just making this stuff up. "The only annoying thing about Grayson coming out is that there is only one Grayson Perry. We need 20 Grayson Perrys. "The creative people have to do it first because we don't have bosses to stop us, but we need transvestite accountants, newsreaders, weather-transvestites... It would be great if we got to a point where everyone got bored of the whole thing."

In a surrealistic turn Eddie would appreciate, I first ran across this in Accountacy Age (http://www.accountancyage.com/accountancyage/news/2161696/cross-dressing-accountants).

tekla west
08-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Look Marlena, crossdressing is one thing, but reading Accountacy Age??? That's just going too far in my opinion.

Nice job, and Eddie is right, I agree 100%. As you know from going out in SF, there are enough transfolk and CDs that you hardly get a second glance most of the time. Once enough of us are out, it will not be a big deal anymore.

luv ya girl, kat

Helen MC
08-08-2006, 02:34 AM
I agree. What we need is some man who is influential and in the public eye to come out as a CD. A Member of Parliament would be ideal, whether New Labour or Tory ( or in the USA a Congressman or Senator) . In the UK we have plenty of male MPs, Labour, Lib Dem, even Conservatives these days!, who have openly came out as Homosexuals and there was until he retired and is now in the House of Lords a Cabinet Minister , Chris Smith, who is a Homosexual. Similary there is at least one openly declared Lesbian MP and former Minister Angela Eagle and there may well be others However, although there are sure to be male MPs who crossdress none have so far declared this publicly far less turn up to the House of Commons in a skirt or dress.

On the matter of professions such as Accountants, I would imagine that quite a few of those dry and boring male Chartered Accountants (CPAs in the USA) may wear a nice pair of women's knickers or panties under their dull pinstripe suits instead of Y Fronts or Boxers and may well dress en-femme at home or even out and about, but dare not for fear of ridicule and loss of clients etc attend their office in female outer clothing, more's the pity. Apart from the fact that I would be in total empathy with them of course, I would have no problem dealing with a male Accountant, Solicitor, Doctor etc who was wearing female clothing. I pay him for his skill and knowlege and not for the clothes he is wearing at the time.

Joy Carter
08-08-2006, 04:27 AM
However it will be a long road traveled.:o

Jasmine Ellis
08-08-2006, 06:36 AM
that'll be a long way off yet sorry to say

CaptLex
08-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Well, if Eddie needs me, I'm available. Where do I sign up? :D

Casey Morgan
08-08-2006, 09:34 AM
LOL, I was wondering whether you or Kieran was going to post first.

Charleen
08-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Read the site, but did you pick up on the other article that he wants to stop being a CD and is even think of going to a shrink to help him stop? Troubling, very troubling. Love and xxxx, Lily

myMichelle
08-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, if Eddie needs me, I'm available. Where do I sign up? :D

Don't know for sure, but I'm guessing Eddie travels via motor coach and not pirate ship, so ya might have a hard time finding him...LMAO:D

CaptLex
08-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Don't know for sure, but I'm guessing Eddie travels via motor coach and not pirate ship, so ya might have a hard time finding him...LMAO:D
I hadn't thought of that, Michelle. I'll have to recruit a crew (in Tortuga?) to help me shanghai him. :devil: One week on my ship and he'll never want to leave. Any volunteers - I promise you all the rum you can drink. :heehee:

pinkshelly
08-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I've always thought of being a crossdressed stand-up funny girl. It would be alot of fun. and I could dress at work.
Huggs, Shelly.

tekla west
08-08-2006, 01:20 PM
well rum?????? SAY NO MORE.

I even know how to sail.

Jodi
08-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Maybe Dubya, Vice or Rummy will finally come out and show us their true gender expression.

Jodi

Patsy Stone GG
08-08-2006, 08:05 PM
I hadn't thought of that, Michelle. I'll have to recruit a crew (in Tortuga?) to help me shanghai him. :devil: One week on my ship and he'll never want to leave. Any volunteers - I promise you all the rum you can drink. :heehee:

You need crew for a pirate ship with Eddie Izzard on it - I am so with you on this one Capt (and I can sail, too) :D Eddie Izzard - *swoon*..................... :heehee:

Marla GG
08-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Read the site, but did you pick up on the other article that he wants to stop being a CD and is even think of going to a shrink to help him stop? Troubling, very troubling. Love and xxxx, Lily

Actually, Eddie's comments about wanting to talk to a therapist were taken completely out of context by whoever put together that brief article on the Contactmusic.com site. In the full interview (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/07/30/svizzard30.xml&page=1), which appeared in Britain's Telegraph last week, Eddie says,

I did see a therapist recently to talk about my mum dying, because I've never talked about that properly. Also, I wanted to talk about being a transvestite because I've never really talked that through. At college I went to the doctor and asked if he would arrange for me to see a psychiatrist, but I was never given an appointment.

So it is unfinished business, yeah. There are some big things I've got to dig up. I want to meet the top expert on transgender and find out what the current thinking is, because I don't think I will agree. They keep talking about gender dysphasia, but that means confusion, and I'm not confused. I know what I am.

That doesn't sound to me like he's looking to stop CDing....thank God! However, he has been appearing mostly in boy mode for the past couple of years, because he's been auditioning for film roles and feared that he wouldn't be taken seriously by Hollywood. Now THAT is troubling.

So yeah, everyone heed that call to action and come out....you might just help Eddie's career, too!

Hugs,
Marla
(another devoted Izzard fan :daydreaming:)

CaptLex
08-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Actually, Eddie's comments about wanting to talk to a therapist were taken completely out of context by whoever put together that brief article on the Contactmusic.com site.
Thanks, Marla - great article. :D I'm glad he's not giving it up.