PDA

View Full Version : Shaving vs Neet

Scotty
08-08-2006, 06:00 PM
So I decided to try Neet - Interesting stinky application.

Got the "Light" or sensitive skin stuff for women...

I put it on and waited for 5 minutes, tested a small area and it was clear the hair was getting soft but not coming out so I let it go to 7 minutes, lil further.

Seems like I got right to 9 minutes before it was done working so I got a wet washcloth and took it off per the instructions.

Seems to have msised a few on one particular calf b ut otherwise - HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!! I can't say I've EVER had a shave that smooth.
My legs were like slippery in the shower.......

Very nice stuff........can't say I want to do this once a week, i hope it lasts longer.....but I doubt it will.

What are your results with how long it lasts?

:)

MarieTS
08-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Well, Sis-- there is a product which will help your bod remain silky-smooth and hair free a little longer. The name of the product is Jergen's Naturally Smooth shave minimizing lotion. Smooth it in after you defur and after every shower/bath. It has made my regrowth much slower and less course.
It can be found at the beauty and bath aids section of stores. :thumbsup:

Calliope
08-08-2006, 06:39 PM
More or less, lasts about a week. I suggest waiting a full week between applications. Avoid temptation to reapply after immediate use (missed spots). Powerful stuff, I use Nair bikini cream regularly - not perfect but quicker than shaving. And, yes, moisturizing afterwards is a good move.

Scotty
08-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Awesome!! Wally world will have that then? :)

Thanks!

Joyce1702
08-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Marie, I've wondered about those lotions. The only one I can find locally now is Aveeno "Perfectly Smooth". At one time all the different brands had one.

I've been tempted to try one, but right now I'm using one of the tanning lotions trying to darken up my white legs.

As far as shaving vs. Neet/Nair etc., I just bought a Braun Silk-Epil and I'm extremely happy with it. Before, when I would shave my arms, I'd start getting stubble in a few days. Now when hair does start to grow back, it's soft and fine. I wish I'd bought one years ago.

Joyce

KathlyLC
08-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Tried one of those Epi-Lady thingies one time, and it was downright torture. worse than waxing. The depilatory lotions work fine, and I hguess a week is about average until it needs redoing, but the hair is not quite as stiff and prickly with hair remover lotions as compared to shaving. I like the nair product best, and the thicker and quicker its put on without rubbing, and applied in the direction the hair lays works good., A big mistake and my wife does it as well is smooth it out too thin. After a few times of use yu'll get the hang of it., Its quick and easy......but my 1st choice is still waxing......as it give me 6-8 weeks of stubble free skin.

Scotty
08-09-2006, 12:02 AM
but my 1st choice is still waxing......as it give me 6-8 weeks of stubble free skin.

Talk to me about waxing!

Can you buy those waxing kits at say, Wal-mart and do a good job, behind the knees, on the knees, behind the thighs?

I"ve heard from a gal at work she can go a month and a half, that would be awesome!!

CindyFinalyFree
08-09-2006, 01:50 AM
I've tried no-heat waxing products, and have to say it takes a LOT longer than using creams. It's also messy (at least the no-heat was) as all get-out. Works great.

I suppose it's a choice of 'how long it takes' vs. 'how frequent to apply'... one or the other. Over the long run, you'll likely spend the same amount of time per year either way... just in lumps with the waxing. Of course, with practice, and plenty of lifting cloths, I'm sure it speeds up. I just couldn't get over the nearly two hours it took me to do my 'general' legs. Then again, I'm 6'4" and mostly leg...

older not wiser
08-09-2006, 02:03 AM
Hi Scotti, I've used Nair and the smell is "God Awful", it does a good job but like I said the smell is terrible. Is there a product out there does not smell so bad or not at all?

Love; BonnieAnne:GE:

rosiegurl
08-09-2006, 03:09 AM
depresingly enough, tried both veet and nair, and with both i had stubble the next day.

guess my hair likes growing to much *grins*

Lisa Golightly
08-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Can't use as it's the equivalent of napalm on my skin. :(

EmilyM
08-11-2006, 12:40 AM
waxing works great, I have now had my entire body waxed. I have even had a brazilian bikini wax. Hair comes back thinner each time my body has been waxed. My most pain was with the chest.

Jasmine Ellis
08-11-2006, 06:39 AM
this thread is so cool, I'm interested and may try

SexxxyBrianna
08-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I tried nair for men (cream) and found it does not smell bad at all. If your hair is thin and grows slow, it may work for you. My hair tends to grow thick and a little to fast for Nair. I would need to use it every three days or so. They say if you use it long enough, the hair will become thinner. Now it depends on your body makeup on how well it will work, & how long it will last for you. I have GG friends that don't have to shave for weeks, and others that need to shave every day.