PDA

View Full Version : Worth getting a makeover?

Kenix
08-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I am thinking about getting a makeover/transformation in the Philadelphia area. Since I don't have a wig or makeup I think it's a good place to start.

What do you girls think and any location recommendations?

vcutenyc
08-08-2006, 09:29 PM
yes, it's totally worth it. it will save you years of trial and error. i got one once and the artist showed me what kind of makeup to use, what colors worked best, and how to apply everything. the difference for me was night and day. i think its totally worth the investment. plus its super fun! :)

Stephenie S
08-08-2006, 09:30 PM
yes, for all those reasons.

But pay attention.

Patty
08-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Yes it is worth while I loved my first one and am gong for a facial next week.

Kate Simmons
08-09-2006, 04:37 AM
Going to Katie's are you? Ericka

Tina Dixon
08-09-2006, 05:12 AM
Transformations are total fun, had two of them done and the second time I brought home a whole bunch of stuff:D

Sophia Rearen
08-09-2006, 07:43 AM
I have done it twice. Once at www.katiewannabe.com and at a regular salon. It was nice to pick up some pointers and reaffirm some of my normal practices. I'd like to do once more. Perhaps this time at http://www.amandarichards.com/ So, yes, I guess it's worth it.

Kandi
08-09-2006, 07:53 AM
I think it would be a blast. Definatly one of my goals.

Jasmine Ellis
08-09-2006, 08:36 AM
go for it and have fun

Ranee Daze
08-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Here in Otytawa you can check out www.gendermosaic.com and follow links to makeover artistes.
A professional makeover can really show you what's possible be alot of fun and save you tons of time and money. Try to plan it around a dinner,shopping or concert outing and make the most of it!

Jodi
08-09-2006, 02:48 PM
It is absolutely worth it, but do shop around. Transformations services can be quite pricey. I got my initial makeover at a Merle Norman Salon. Making the appointment was as easy as calling and explaining what I wanted. My makeover was free, but I was expected to buy something that she recommended. I had budgeted $200 for the makeover. When I was done, I got most of the makeup she recommended plus, she fitted me with a new wig. My total was $195. The big thing was that I became a customer. I have gone in frequently since then (6 years ago) to get advice, buy replacements, and just have coffee and chat.

Have fun and learn a lot.

Jodi

Kenix
08-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Since a couple people mentioned Katie's I may give it a try. I will take a notebook and I hope I can get a wig at the store.

Forget going out for a night in town. I don't know if I can walk outside as Kenix.

alisoncdnj
08-09-2006, 09:22 PM
I am thinking about getting a makeover/transformation in the Philadelphia area. Since I don't have a wig or makeup I think it's a good place to start.

What do you girls think and any location recommendations?

Kenix:

I have had a couple of makeovers at Katies and it was a great experience. You will love it. In two weeks I am going to Amanda Richards for a makeover and photo shoot. I can't wait. Go for it and enjoy the moment you won't regret it.

Hugs

Alison

Becky Blue
08-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Do you think a pic like mine could be done with a cam on a self timer? One of the best things I have ever done. but be careful its addictive.
bec

Francine
08-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Karen's at femmefever.com

That's where I would like to go..but it's too far from mid USA.

Francine

Rita Knight
08-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi Kenix,
Can you get to Bethlehem? You should consider Amanda Richards' True Colors Makeup Artistry. http://www.truecolorsmakeup.com/ I thnk she will be far cheaper than these other businesses. However, Amanda will be away most of the rest of the month.

Kenix
08-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Do you think a pic like mine could be done with a cam on a self timer? One of the best things I have ever done. but be careful its addictive.
bec

I thought a friend took those pictures...

Hi Kenix,
Can you get to Bethlehem? You should consider Amanda Richards' True Colors Makeup Artistry. http://www.truecolorsmakeup.com/ I thnk she will be far cheaper than these other businesses. However, Amanda will be away most of the rest of the month.

I live about the same distance from Bethlehem and Philadelphia. I don't have a summer outfit so I am in no hurry.

Seems like Katie and Amanda is getting a lot of :thumbsup:

jacky83
08-18-2006, 09:18 PM
I would love to get a makeover. I especially have trouble with eye makeup. I have such short eye lashes. On the other hand I have very thin eyebrows

Matty
08-18-2006, 09:33 PM
I had a make over about 5 month's ago & learned so much, but honestly
I would wait until you get a wig as to get the full impact of how great you can look !

Jodi
08-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Amanda Richards has been at our Erie Gala the past two years. I have not had a makeover done by her, but have seen her work. She is very good. I would recommend her. BTW, last year at Erie Gala, I had breakfast with Amanda on Sunday morning just before we left. We were both changed to drab and just a couple of guys chatting and dining before we trucked home.

Jodi