PDA

View Full Version : Born male !

Matty
08-09-2006, 02:46 PM
We were born male and like to dress female. Do you think if we were born female we would like to dress male ?

Matty

noname
08-09-2006, 03:00 PM
My answer is no, because women wear whatever they want and it's ok.

tekla west
08-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Dear NoName, take a look at the rest of this board, turns out that is not true. Just ask Captian Lex.

bgirl
08-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I've often wondered if the world changed all of a sudden and it was now ok and common for men to wear womens clothes, how would whatever makes me do this manifest itself. hmmmm The devil I know is safer then the devil I don,t know

JenniferMint
08-09-2006, 03:32 PM
We were born male and like to dress female. Do you think if we were born female we would like to dress male ?

I wear shirts and pants and sneakers normally, and when I dress up as a girl, I *still* wear shirts and pants and sneakers (like most girls my age in Vancouver do), although they're in a more feminine fashion.

I have yet to try skirts, though. I could end up liking them---I won't know until I try.

So to answer your question, if I was born female, I may well wear pants, but that's normal for them anyway.

CaptLex
08-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Dear NoName, take a look at the rest of this board, turns out that is not true. Just ask Captian Lex.
It's okay, Tekla, some people still don't get it.

We were born male and like to dress female. Do you think if we were born female we would like to dress male?
Matty, my guess is that it would probably depend on why people crossdress to begin with. Some people just like to express both their male and female sides (if they have them), so in this case it could very well be. Good question.

EricaCD
08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Nope, but I have no doubt that my taste in fem clothes would be very different if I were born a GG.

Erica

Wendy me
08-09-2006, 04:36 PM
i would hope not.....

Kate Simmons
08-09-2006, 06:34 PM
God no. As I said in Vanya's thread, I see no problem here. We simply express ourselves in our own ways and according to how we feel. I personally accept everyone for who they are--period. I appreciate who they are as people and respect how they want to show that. Ericka

vbcdgrl
08-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Check out the F-M forum. Not near as many of them. So, I'd say the odd are NO, you wouldn't.

Vikki

Tamara Croft
08-09-2006, 07:35 PM
My answer is no, because women wear whatever they want and it's ok.Oh boo hoo for you :Angry3: you poor poor thing. Our female ancestors got off their backsides and fought for our rights to vote and wear what we want. What exactly (apart from moaning) are you actually doing about it? Are you out there screaming from the rooftops, rallying, anything? or just coming here to have a few digs at us GG's because we CAN and HAVE done something?

Quit your whinging, it's getting boring now :thumbsdn: You want something out of life, get off your backside and do something, or shut the hell up!!!

</rant>

Wenda
08-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Well, thanks a lot! Now I am going to wake up thinking about that. Hard to say. There are so many degrees of gender, sexuality and dressing. My initial reaction is, probably not, but I have no background to support it. I will replay again after I wake up with the revelation. :happy:

Jenna1561
08-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Good Golly! I hope not. But I agree with Erica, my fashion sense and taste in clothes would probably be different.

Love,

Jenna

tekla west
08-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Tamara is spot-on here. Places with strong TG laws, anti-discrimination stuff, places at the human rights commission, people in government positions who help us, aid us, and investigate our complaints did not come about out of the goodness of people's hearts. It came about because people were willing to get up, get out, stand up, even at the risk of standing out and they got involved in the political process. We worked for people who would represents us, fight for us and yes, were in some way beholden to us - such is political reality.

Then we kept the pressure on.

Mother Jones said "raise less corn and more hell." Get up and do something. No one likes some sniveling whiner no matter what they wear.

Dee 1062
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
No.....!!!!!

CaptLex
08-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Check out the F-M forum. Not near as many of them. So, I'd say the odd are NO, you wouldn't.

Vikki
Vikki,

There probably are more MtFs than FtMs in this world, but it's also a fact that there are few places like this for FtMs to begin with, so very few of us know we can come here and participate. I've met many, many FtMs who swore they must be the only ones because they never met others - in real life or in cyberspace. It's why I love this site. :thumbsup:

Hmmm . . . it's interesting to see how many quickly answered "No" to Matty's question.

Kate Simmons
08-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Hi Caplex, The only reason I answered no to her question is that I thought it inferred we'd automatically want to dress as a guy if we were born female. That's not the case either way. Still, after considering your comment, by virtue of the fact of who I am, I would probably end up wanting to dress like a guy anyway. In fact, it looks like that's the way things are headed as I've already hinted previously. Think my comfort level may be as Ericka dressed in guy's clothes. Nutty, huh? All this "frilly stuff" is beginning to get to me anyway. Ericka

Marla S
08-10-2006, 06:03 AM
What do female clothes stand for ?

Prettiness, sensuality, sex-appeal, elegance, "self-expression", diverisity and the like.

What do male clothes stand for ?

Covering the body, unobtrusiveness, laxness, uniformity and the like ... sometimes elegance too.

There is a bunch of clothes for women adapted from males clothes during the last 100 years that cover all the "male requirements". So there is no need to switch to male clothes for most women. ---> less FtMs.

Classical feminine traits are those mentioned above.
Classical masculine traits are not that realted to the outer appearence. They are physical strenght, independence, power, and a "sexy" bank account.

Luckily, due to the emancipation woman nowadays are able to live these male traits "openly" and even become applauded for it (I admit not always .. sad but true) and theoretical are able to live almost any kind of combination of classical male and female traits. ----> less FtMs

So, the initial question is hard to answer, because you can't compare male and female roles in society and their clothes 1:1.

Sarah Rabbit
08-10-2006, 06:03 AM
Vikki,

There probably are more MtFs than FtMs in this world, but it's also a fact that there are few places like this for FtMs to begin with, so very few of us know we can come here and participate. I've met many, many FtMs who swore they must be the only ones because they never met others - in real life or in cyberspace. It's why I love this site. :thumbsup:

Hmmm . . . it's interesting to see how many quickly answered "No" to Matty's question.

Is it possible that there are as many FtM as there is MtF, but due to the redily acceptance of the 'Tomboy' this (excuse me for lack of a better term) condition is not recognised.. I did want ask this in the FtM section, but was reluctant and slightly embarrased.(Question Asked with All Respect intended)

Sarah R. :bunny:

Helen MC
08-10-2006, 06:22 AM
No doubt if men wearing female outer clothing, (we can and do wear panties secretly under our male trousers), such as dresses, skirts, blouses etc was accepted and commonplace- in essence all clothing became unisex- then some CDs would lose the appeal of the "forbidden fruit". Others such as myself would be ahppy as we could then enjoy the comfort etc of wearing a nice cotton dress or a pleated skirt or a denim skirt in hot weather such as nowrather than the restrictions of trousers or as the Yanks call them "pants". It would be nice to have parity with biological females in what we born as male CDs would be able to wear in public without criticism or worse. As others have said, this will not come as a gift, as the Homosexuals have done, and 40 years ago this was a criminal and imprisonable offence, we will have to stand up and fight for this right and to obtain a sea change in Society.

Kate Simmons
08-10-2006, 06:24 AM
Tomboy be me I guess, Sarah. I mean, I want to look nice but still like the adventure and rough and tumble stuff. Maybe I'm nuts, I dunno. Ericka

janice55
08-10-2006, 07:02 AM
When we were concepted we are all the same and then the genes start to kick in as we grew in our mothers womb. Some get all female genes and some get all male genes which results in full fledge male or female. then some get a little of the oppossite, which can result in either crossdressdresser and the more you get of the other sex leads to attracted to the same sex. We are made this way, we didn't decide to be one way or the other. So don't feel bad about yourselves and for those out ther who think it disgusting and perverted too bad. I'm happy and that's all that should count. Luv Janice

Lisa Golightly
08-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Our female ancestors got off their backsides and fought for our rights to vote and wear what we want. What exactly (apart from moaning) are you actually doing about it? Are you out there screaming from the rooftops, rallying, anything? or just coming here to have a few digs at us GG's because we CAN and HAVE done something?

Of course, historically in England, women were aided in their pursuit of liberation by the destruction of millions of men on the frontlines of WW1. By 1918 how could you deny the rights of the women that had helped save the nation from disaster?

WWII equally helped push forward women in society. I remember a family tale told by my great grandmother about my grandmother. The basis was that she became a completely different girl while working in the munitions factory. Wearing overalls, smoking and swearing quite scandalised the Victorian/Edwardian principles of the family. Approaching 100 she no longer smokes... but boy can she turn the air blue :)

As for Matty's original question I interpret it as asking do we have a crossdressing gene, and if the biological sex were reversed would we still crossdress. An interesting idea.

CaptLex
08-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Hi Caplex, The only reason I answered no to her question is that I thought it inferred we'd automatically want to dress as a guy if we were born female. That's not the case either way. Still, after considering your comment, by virtue of the fact of who I am, I would probably end up wanting to dress like a guy anyway. In fact, it looks like that's the way things are headed as I've already hinted previously. Think my comfort level may be as Ericka dressed in guy's clothes. Nutty, huh? All this "frilly stuff" is beginning to get to me anyway. Ericka
Yeah, I was surprised by your initial answer 'cause I know you like to express both sides. Thanks for clearing that up.

Is it possible that there are as many FtM as there is MtF, but due to the redily acceptance of the 'Tomboy' this (excuse me for lack of a better term) condition is not recognised.. I did want ask this in the FtM section, but was reluctant and slightly embarrased.(Question Asked with All Respect intended)
That's a good point, Sarah. Most people have no clue FtMs exist, so they assume exactly that - tomboy, butch lesbian, etc. (which some are) as we all pretty much look the same to the general public. Don't be embarrassed to ask - it's not a stupid question and it's not disrespectful. Glad you brought it up, actually.

Casey Morgan
08-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Yes, I'd probably crossdress if I had been born a girl. I see a number of my father's traits in my sisters. So I'd probably be right where I am today gender-wise. And as I dress in large part to give physical form to my female side I'd probably crossdress in large part to give physical form to my male side.

Matty
08-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Well to answer my own question.. For me I can't say yes or no because I was born male not female !

It would seem "captlex" has a good understanding for this question..Thanks

Matty

Sarah Rabbit
08-10-2006, 05:04 PM
This reminds me of a comment made byLex in the FtM

You know what would be really funny? Coming back as a man...who wants to be a woman. Or, for the MtFs, a woman who wants to be a man. Now that would be messed up.

If what people are saying is true, are we destined to go through Eternity wanting to be the other sex, no matter what gender we are born!!How depressing..

Sarah R. :bunny:

MarinaTwelve200
08-10-2006, 05:41 PM

Matty

That depends upon our reason for Cding.

If we are escapists--who CD to get away from our 'normal' selves, we would definately STILL CD.

If we CD because we feel our "real self" is female, then we would NOT CD.

princessmichelle
08-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi,

My :2c:
cds are products of their environment.

For myself, I can recall experiences good and bad that led to my becoming a cd. I am not ready to share them, but I bet I am not the only one who can do that for himself.

Maybe clothing and emotions of the opposite gender fullfill a need based on early feelings and what happened in childhood... Maybe tomboys had few girls their own age as rollmodels but lots of boys in the neighborhood so out of loneliness she tried playing sports with them AND the boys were respectful AND whatever else so IN COMBINATION she eventually became a tomboy.

I'm not saying it's all that simple, but its my feeling.

princessm

annekathleen
08-10-2006, 06:11 PM
If I was born a female, I'd have all of my female clothes out of their totes, and my closets and dressers would be overflowing with them.
Oh yea, if I was born a female, I'd be out there using up and wearing out all of my female parts.:heehee:

Kate Simmons
08-10-2006, 06:21 PM
BTW, I think the current syndicated TV(!) show, The Three Mustekeers has a gal (Karen Clique) who is CDing as a guy being one of the Musketeers. Awesome, I think. Just what I (as Ericka) want to do. Ericka

Jasmine Ellis
08-11-2006, 04:24 AM
Good Question. My answer would be no. Cos, the clothes you can buy is 100 times more beautiful and feels absolutely wonderful to wear than mens do.

Mens clothes are so boreing, Women's clothes, make-up, the high heels and the underwear is so exciting and feels so great on the skin I think I couldn't be a man if I was a real GG