PDA

View Full Version : First step

christie
08-10-2006, 12:59 PM
I know this goes against all advice given on how to tell your SO about your cding, but I just didn't have the nerve to come out completely. A couple of weeks ago, my SO and I were talking about the movie Transamerica, and I told her that I have always been curious about what it is like to be a woman and that I thought it would be really interesting to do a role reversal for a day. She looked at me like I was off my rocker. I told her that I didn't want to be a woman full time, but just wanted to try it to see what it was like. She said "interesting" It has not come up since then and I would like to bring it up again. I don't think she took it very well, so I have no idea where to go from here. Again I know this approach is not what many of you ladies have recommended, but this is the situation I am in. Thanks in advance for all your thoughts.

Christie

tekla west
08-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Well if you didn't listen to anyone the first time why would you do it now?

That being said, TransAmerica is about TS, which is not CD. That would be a place to start, with the differences, the limits and all that.

Lisa Golightly
08-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Agreed, there's a huge difference between the 'I often wonder what it is like to wear a dress' statement, and the 'I often wonder what it is like to be a woman' statement.

christie
08-10-2006, 02:01 PM
I guess I need to be more comfortable and understanding of my feminine self before I open up to others.

Christie