PDA

View Full Version : help me please

barbra1958
08-10-2006, 05:16 PM
can any of you ladys tell me what kind of makeup i need to get to cover up my face after i get done shaveing.i have been looking but dont know what to get.thank you for your help barbra.:rolleyes:

tekla west
08-10-2006, 05:28 PM
As you know from looking, liquid foundation & matching powder (which is what you are looking for) is sold in many shades. Why not go to a MAC store, or even a Wallgreens and ask the nice person in the cosmetics section for help?

If you have a very heavy beard, try Dermablend - I don't so CoverGirl works for me, but still, you have to know the shade. Again, ask for help from someone there who can look at your skin tone and do it right.

bgirl
08-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I will be watching this post for help as well. My wife doesn't use make-up.So I am kinda on my own here.

tekla west
08-10-2006, 05:49 PM
OK, go out to a bookstore and get one of the books by Kevyn Aucoin. He is a makeup expert, and his books are awesome. Google his name (that is the correct spelling - of course) and go from there. I use "The Face Book" but he has others too.

And ask for help. Go to a different town if you must. Lie and say "Its all about Halloween" if you must. But the women who sell cosmetics at big department stores or at MAC stores know thier stuff. Why not let them use their smarts to help you.

bgirl
08-10-2006, 05:54 PM
OK, go out to a bookstore and get one of the books by Kevyn Aucoin. He is a makeup expert, and his books are awesome. Google his name (that is the correct spelling - of course) and go from there. I use "The Face Book" but he has others too.

And ask for help. Go to a different town if you must. Lie and say "Its all about Halloween" if you must. But the women who sell cosmetics at big department stores or at MAC stores know thier stuff. Why not let them use their smarts to help you.

Thanks and by the way, from one tradesman to another, I prefer Rigid over Makita by wisker.

DonnaT
08-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Kind of hard to suggest something like that when we've not seen your face.

Some have a heavy beard shadow immediately after shaving, some have no shadow at all.

For those with moderate to heavy beard shadow sometimes even Dermablend, Colortration or MAC Full Coverage foundation doesn't help. In such cases an application of a red-orange lipstick over the shadow followed by a good foundation (such as those listed above) is required. Then a concealer of the same color should be used to cover blemishes, and a slightly lighter concealer under the eyes may be necessary. Follow all that with a good facial powder, such as Prescriptives Magic.

Note that I've seen brave guys go into Hecht's and get a makeover lesson right there at one of the store's makeup counters. Go to a Prescriptives' (expensive but good stuff) counter and ask for advice.

Kate Simmons
08-10-2006, 06:27 PM
I use beard shadow cover that I buy from Suddenly Fem. It neutralizes the blue in the beard. After that sets for a little while, I put on professional foundation, blush and face powder to blend everything in and cover any shine. Works quit nicely. Ericka

Dee 1062
08-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Buy at wal-mart I use covergirl products also found AVON to be ok..liquid foundation and then a powder, I use to shades of foundatons, adarker shade to start with then alighter shade over it ...keep it a lttle dark around the chin and cheeks back edges...hope this help

Jasmine Ellis
08-11-2006, 05:19 AM
Mositursing cream
concealer stick
foundation
powder

Then

eye shaddow
eye pencle
mascara
lipstick

AnnaMaria
08-11-2006, 05:43 AM
I personally have a marykay rep that takes care of my color matching for me and she does a great job of it. Mary Kay is a little more expensive but well worth the money because the makeup works great and is a lot better for you skin than the cheap stuff.

If you live near Chicago just let me know and I will send you her contact info so that you can talk to her about it. She is a cd so she understands our needs a lot better than a lot of the typical makeup reps.

anna

JenniferMint
08-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Does anyone know how Mary Kay compares to MAC?

Karren H
08-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Well I have a friend that uses Dermablend and It covers great. But I think it looks to maskish for me. I tried a lot of liquids including the wifes and was never happy with the results. Let me bracket my observations with the fact that I have light fine hair and no shadow. After much experimentation I did end up using L'oreal's Onestep foundation which is a paste and comes with a sponge applicator in a compact like case. Covers well, goes on nicely and doesn't really need powder to set it (hence the name "onestep"). I really love it!!

Love Karren

Ellaine
08-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi Barbara

It seems pointless recomending anything without seeing the face in question. e.g. if you are very fair and don't get 5 o clock shadow, then you can probably buy normal cosmetics, nothing heavy duty.

A make over or beauty consultant will save you money long term and also save you disappointment.

barbra1958
08-11-2006, 05:14 PM
thank you very much ladys you have been a big help to me and i thank you.maybe i will just go and see a makeup artis or a beauty salon person for help.if anyone knows were i can go in the city of douglasville or villa rica georgia please let me know thanks.barbra.