PDA

View Full Version : Do others feel this way?

Barbara G
08-11-2006, 12:38 AM
As I reflect on my interaction with other people in my recent times out and about in femme, it seems to me that people interact with me with less rejection when I display a true sense of mission. Maybe the rejection is there, but in my focused mind set, it rolls off like water off a duck's back.

I mean that if I have a purpose -- find and buy an item, for example, people sense that and react as they would if I were in drab. In my last two or three local excursions, I was dressed obviously girlie, but wore no wig -- I have severe male pattern baldness AND I have no wig satisfies me -- and only ear rings and lipstick. I didn't wear extensive makeup because I don't know how to apply it convincingly, and I don't want to look like a clown with a botched makeup job,

Just today, I went to the nearest Merle Norman store to get a new set of piercing studs because (1) I lost the backing clasp to one (2) I like to wear
them from time to time in the perhaps mistaken belief that because the shafts are larger in diameter than those of standard ear rings, they will help
keep the holes open and make it easy to put those standard ear rings on.

I wanted new piercing studs with cubic Zirconium of sufficient size. They had none such, but suggested that I go down the Sally store two doors down,
I did, and got what I was after. I even need ed help from one of the sales girls to put the right one on, and she helped my with the task. Cordiality
all around.

Before I left the Merle Norman store, I scheduled a makeover: next Tuesday at one o'clock. I'm going to learn how to do good job on applying makeup...

On a previous excursion, I was seeking a nice femme belt to wear with my short denim skirts. I got one at the nearby country and western store, and the three sales ladies were very friendly and cordial, all helping me locate what I sought in the size I needed.

On another outing, I went to the nearby cosmetology school at which the students train and get licensed for the various services cosmetologists provide. I was there to get my eye brows waxed and shaped in as feminine a manner as possible with the sparse raw materials at hand. The deed was done in a
bull pen with 20 or so advanced students and a few other customers around. Only nice "hi there" comments.

In all these cases, even though I didn't appear female but as a somewhat chubby and balding guy in clearly feminine clothes, I didn't feel any embarrassment and felt no sense of rejection. I just went about the business I was out to accomplish. Sort of "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead".

This approach may not display the ultimate in feminine decorum, but I felt at ease, doing what I needed to do.

I conjecture that if I just got dressed and went cruising aimlessly as a local mall (for instance), I would sense much more coldness and hostility from the other mall goers. Maybe the amount of distain would be the same in either case, but it wouldn't affect me as much if I were on mission. It would
undermine my confidence a lot more, and I think that confidence and a sense of "I belong here looking like this" is what it takes to to carry off wearing female clothes and not passing or even attempting to pass.

Comments? Do any others here have similar sentiments?

Carroll
08-11-2006, 03:08 AM
I am going to assume you might live in an area the is more accepting of alternative lifestyles. Based on your description of yourself, If I saw you, I would also assume that you are not a CD, but yet a gay, balding man that likes to wear colorful clothing. Remember, this is based on how you describe yourself and me assuming. (you know what they say about assuming) This is most likely what the sales people saw also and they were acting very professional striving for customer service and the all mighty $$$. The other factor is that you just don't care what people think, and you have tons of confidence that most cd's would die for, including me

So does that make me doubt the you are a CD at all? NO, not at all
I mean no harm in this post. If I did offend you please PM me so I can try to pull me foot out of my mouth:love:

Carroll