PDA

View Full Version : Skirt, shoes, and?

Emma England
08-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone.

At the mo it is a bit hot to wear pantyhose.

Having a skirt on with shoes (not sandals though), what else would you wear on your feet?

Socks look a bit silly.

I know one could have bare feet with fitted shoes. But I have always found that uncomfortable.

What are the alternatives?

Janelle Young
08-12-2006, 03:09 PM
I am in Florida and it gets a tad bit warm here. Most of the girls I see wear no hose and sandals or flip flops. I do see some in sneakers as well. Very few closed toe shoes unless it is sneakers.

Jasmine Ellis
08-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I wear high heels with no stockings if its to hot

gennee
08-12-2006, 04:57 PM
I don't wear stockings in the summer.

Gennee

tekla west
08-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Summer in the city, hippie girl and all that.

Jodi
08-12-2006, 06:31 PM
When I wear shoes without hose in the summer, I rub my feet with body lotion before slipping my foot into the shoe. Makes the shoes much more comfortable.

Jodi

Sam-antha
08-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Socks sometimes, usually when I am out walking in the countryside.

~Samm

Marla S
08-12-2006, 07:34 PM
If you wear no sandals but closed shoes this kind of socks (http://www2.westfalia.de/shops/textil/freizeitbekleidung/struempfe/alltagsstruempfe/181282-f_sslinge_5er_pack_one_size.htm?vbSESSID=a6fe51881 76f5a51dc8bbbddf2d727d0) is very comfortable (don't know how they are called in English). Worn the right way they are invisible but it's almost the same as you would wear hose.

Emma England
08-13-2006, 05:16 AM
If you wear no sandals but closed shoes this kind of socks (http://www2.westfalia.de/shops/textil/freizeitbekleidung/struempfe/alltagsstruempfe/181282-f_sslinge_5er_pack_one_size.htm?vbSESSID=a6fe51881 76f5a51dc8bbbddf2d727d0) is very comfortable (don't know how they are called in English). Worn the right way they are invisible but it's almost the same as you would wear hose.

Thank you Marla.

I have posted this subject in another forum with mainly English members.

Someone has mentioned that the picture you have shown are known as footsies. If I can find where in the shops they are, then I will buy a few pairs.
Especially if they are invisible and comfy.

Kimberly
08-13-2006, 05:42 AM
Socks look a bit silly.
You'd think that wouldn't you, but you still have a few weeks left to do the "wedges and socks" look that's been going round atm.

I think it looks kind of cool - and remember wedges don't neccessarily have to be sandals.

xx

Marla S
08-13-2006, 06:04 AM
If I can find where in the shops they are, then I will buy a few pairs.
They are not expensive and worth a try anyway, but if you can find a shop just cut them out of an old pair of hose (that's what they actually are).

Angie G
08-13-2006, 06:44 AM
Hi Emma here in the states we call them Peds!
I sometimes wear a short frilly sock with some of my skirts.
But when it hot hot I like my straped heels with nothing on my feet :hugs:
Angie G.

Deborah_UK
08-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Thank you Marla.

I have posted this subject in another forum with mainly English members.

Someone has mentioned that the picture you have shown are known as footsies. If I can find where in the shops they are, then I will buy a few pairs.
Especially if they are invisible and comfy.

they sell them in Matalan of all places!

lahr
08-13-2006, 11:05 AM
So i'm a bit odd. I always wear heels with skirts and some type of hose with heels. In this warmer weather I usually wear thi highs as theyre a bit cooler, even with high heel sandals or mules. I just feel and look tacky with bare legs and feet but thats just me....lahr.