PDA

View Full Version : Shaving

Deenise60
08-13-2006, 08:30 AM
I shave completely during the fall, winter and spring. This year I am thinking of also shaving my arms. How many shave your arms and if you do, are you questioned about it. For some reason, having shaved arms seems more noticeable to me. Any thoughts on this?

Emma England
08-13-2006, 08:38 AM
I have recently started shaving my forearms.

Just gotta be careful on the back of your hands.

Whilst in the bathroom, if any hairs are showing, I use a razor at the same time as peeing (saves time this way).

In 2 or so months, no comments. I do have dark brown hair which is noticeable all over my body as well.

Shaving your arms is as wonderful as shaving your legs. It feels good, and looks good too.

If you are at all questioned (which I doubt will happen), just say you shave your face - so shaving your arms is similar. What's the difference?

Why not shave all year round including the summer as well?

Kate Simmons
08-13-2006, 08:39 AM
I shave my whole body including arms all year round. In the summer, someone occasionally asks me if I'm hot as I wear long sleeves all the time. I just tell them :"Nope, this is not hot." The job I retired from required us to load material into tanks in a room that was 135 Deg. F in the Summertime, so I'm used to it. Not to mention , I wear a jersey underneath my shirt. This retains my body moisture rather than evaporate it and works out better really. You have to be tolerant to heat though. Temperature extremes don't bother me much one way or the other. Ericka

ToyGirl
08-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Im sure more than a few men are born this way. I really doubt anyone would ever care about wether you have arm hair or not (or anywhere else for that matter).

insearchofme
08-13-2006, 09:24 AM
I've been shaving my arms for over a year. I was on a job that required me being outside during the hottest part of the summer. Quite a lot of the younger guys shaved their arms and when I asked about it they all said it was cooler and I should try it. They were right!

When it got cooler I continued to shave and very few people asked why when they noticed. I told them why and when it started to grow back it itched too much. So I continued to shave. That's all I need to say. I do love the feeling!

I've been using Aveeno Positively Smooth Shaving gel and body lotion and it has retarded the growth to where I only need to shave every 6 days. Good stuff!

I also get my back waxed and the girl thst does it has a friend in the business who lives near an Army base. She was told by her freind that before soldiers go to the Middle East they get their body TOTALLY waxed, they want no body hair becasue of the heat and some of the "critters" crawling around there.

Jasmine Ellis
08-13-2006, 09:34 AM
try it yourself and if you don't like it you can glue the hairs back on :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: sorry that was a poor joke

Karren H
08-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Nope, don't shave my arms....doesn't look natural in my opinion. I bleach the arm hairs with a blonde hair color. Makes them almost invisible even up close and much more natural looking.

Love Karren

Laura Jane
08-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Nope, don't shave my arms....doesn't look natural in my opinion. I bleach the arm hairs with a blonde hair color. Makes them almost invisible even up close and much more natural looking.

Love Karren

Indeed, if you check out most GG arms they have a covering of fine hairs.

The best thing to do, is not to shave, but to trim and if you have dark hairs, try and bleach them.

Becky Blue
08-13-2006, 09:59 AM
I thinned my arm hairs, and 3 people at work asked me if I shaved my arms. And I wouldnt say I had particularly thick hair in the first place.:eek:

Karren H
08-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Indeed, if you check out most GG arms they have a covering of fine hairs.

The best thing to do, is not to shave, but to trim and if you have dark hairs, try and bleach them.

Yeah, and I found my old mustash trimmer works great for that!!

Love Karren

judyw9
08-13-2006, 01:16 PM
I shave completely during the fall, winter and spring. This year I am thinking of also shaving my arms. How many shave your arms and if you do, are you questioned about it. For some reason, having shaved arms seems more noticeable to me. Any thoughts on this?

I just trim the hair down to the third setting on a breard trimmer. That way I still have a little hair (mine is thin to begin with) but it is not too noticeable. Shaving feels funny to the touch. You can feel the stubble and that is noticeable to me.

Jenna1561
08-13-2006, 01:24 PM
I do shave my arms, though I have never had much hair anyway, while dark, it was sparse and in 3 years of shaving my arms, NO ONE has ever mentioned it.

I Love the feeling of smooth arms and the look of no arm hair.

I als have very little leg hair: a few fine hairs around my knees and on my feet. I rarely even have to shave them, except for my feet they need a weekly shaving.

Jenna

susandrea
08-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Personally, I think waxing is better than shaving.

It lasts much longer and grows in finer the more you do it.

Especially your arms!

melissa michaels
08-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Other than the hair on top of my head,and this unwanted hair that tries to grow on my face,my body is totaly hairless due to genetics.[please don't hate me].I have never,ever had anyone ask me about it.

Sally24
08-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Usually I have to take the summer off from CDing because I didn't want to shave. That gave me a long time where I couldn't dress. This year I said what the hell and kept shaving year round, including arms. The last 6 weeks I've been using a Remington Smooth and Silky eppilator. It is much better than shaving, especially with the arms! If you're carefull, after you get the heavy "fur" off, you can mostly maintain the small fine hairs. I pretty much take it all off. If you have any color from the sun, then it looks pretty natural and you don't have any stubble showing. The eppilator only cost $50, which is how much 1 waxing cost for me to do my legs at home.

As to asking, my son noticed the legs, then then arms, so I think the legs can be much more noticable. No one else has mentioned a thing. I think it depends on your hair type, skin, job type, etc..as to how noticable it will be.

I wouldn't go back to shaving or seasonal hair. I love the smoothness, and it really speeds up my mornings getting ready on vacation!

Sally

Lisa Golightly
08-13-2006, 03:14 PM
I shave everything.... Never been questioned.

trannie T
08-13-2006, 04:10 PM
I have been reluctant to shave my arms, I shave my legs and have received no comments. I have bleached the hair on my arms. The posts here are interesting, nobody notices hairless arms. Has anyone had comments about bald arms?

Kandi
08-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Afew years back my wife naired my arms and then we went shopping. As we walked thru a lingerie department my arms brushed up against a rack of slips. Talk about a cheap thrill. Haven't shaved arms since. Thinning and bleaching is probably the second best. Hope to wax this fall.

ElleCD
08-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I shave legs, chest and arms. The arms were the last as I was a little reticent about doing this. I used a trimmer to take the hairs down to a fine level at first which was quite good. Shortly afterwards I shaved them completely as I prerer the smoothness and look. I did this in early summer and have worn short sleeves throughout without comment. If I were asked I would say that i don't like the hair which is a honest as i want to be and as much as anyone else needs to know.

pennyma
08-14-2006, 08:16 PM
I have been shaving my arms off and on this past year on one occation a coworker noticed told him don't like the feel of suntan lotion it mats my hair down so I shaved it off. same happened last week was at family party and my future sister in-law noticed my legs shaved and comented with every one there so I told them the same thing everyone was ok with it

Charleen
08-14-2006, 08:24 PM
The arm hair was the last to go. I've been looking at GGs and most do have hair on the arms so I might go the route as has been mentioned and trim and bleach. Love and xxxx, Lily

Dee 1062
08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Most GG has fine hair on arms...I think instead of shaveing them just shorten the hair should do the trick...barrber clipers do the trick

Renee Talia
08-14-2006, 11:55 PM
I have been shaving my arms for about a month and only had one comment on them, i just told my best friend, who is a guy, that i wanted to shave them, no poor excuses or anything, the only other person i have met that shaved their arms was a guy in high school a couple of years ago, no other questions were asked and my friend said he even considered it himself but just didnt have time to do it, and i am 99% sure he is not a CD,
Jenna

Sarah cd
08-15-2006, 01:33 AM
I shaved my arms for the first time last week. I wear short sleave t-shirts for work and did not know what people at work wold say about my shaved arms but great no one has said a word about it that means i can start buying some new tops and will look better in my basque.

GINA-CD
08-15-2006, 01:43 AM
If I wanted to do something to my arms, I wouldn't shave them, I'd wax them... even if that hurts, it lasts longer and looking into the future, it's better.