PDA

View Full Version : Stared at while shopping

Jodi
08-13-2006, 07:42 PM
This past week, I made a couple of shopping trips in drab--trying to add a few items to update my fall wardrobe. I have been especially looking for a certain style of shoes that are really hot for fall. These are small platform heels with a wood platform and wood stacked heel. They come in pumps, slings with both closed and peepotoes.

I was in the Bakers shoe store at Monroeville Mall in Pittsburgh. They had what I was looking for in black--a pump with the peeptoe and the closed rounded toe. The SA was a new one. I had never shopped with her before. When she asked to help me, I told her what I was looking for and told her they were for me. She responded with "cool. What size?" She brought out both the closed toe and the peeptoe for me to try. As I was trying on the closed toe pump, I glanced over and there were two teenage girls with their eyes glued on me. The closed toe pumps were too small, so I tried on the peeptoes. The two girls were still intently staring at me, but not saying anything. I stood up, walked over to them in the heels. I gave them a big smile and asked, "How do they look?" That broke the ice. They both said "cool". Then one said, "you really walk in them well." I thanked her, went over and sat down. The SA was grinning. I got the shoes.

Today, I was at Westmoreland Mall in Greensburg, PA. I have been a regular shopper in the Kaufmanns store there. I had not been in their store since the Kaufmanns chain was bought by Macys. So far, the Westmoreland store is one of the few to still carry the Kaufmanns name. I went to the woman's shoe dept. Two of the SA's that know me greeted me warmly, and said that I would be pleased with the selection. They said since the Macys takeover, that several new brands of shoes and more variety had been added. I told them what style I was looking for. They had styles that I liked by Jessica Simpson, San Carlo, and Steve Madden. I picked out four pairs to try on. Remember, I was in drab. Vicki brought the shoes out. I sat down and proceeded to try on each pair. I glanced up and noted a woman of about 50 (I'm guessing on age) staring a hole in me. I just continued trying on. Her stare became more intense. I then noticed her talking to Vicki and Nancy, the SA's. Her stare then returned to me. I turned to her, gave her a big smile, winked at her, and said "how do they look". Her reaction was to give a horrified look, do an about face, and leave the shoe dept like she was shot from a cannon. I selected one pair from the four to buy--brown, round toe pumps. When I went to the register, both Vicki and Nancy were laughing. They told me that the lady called them over and excitedly said, "that man is trying on heels". They said that they nodded and said yes they know. She then asked, "what is he going to do with them?" They told her, "I think he's going to wear them, but why don't you ask him?" Of course she never asked. I'll bet she's going to have something to talk about at supper tonight.

I've enclosed pix of the shoes. The black ones came from Bakers, and the brown ones are the Jessica Simpsons that I got today.

Jodi

MistyCD
08-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Good for you.... !!!

Hugs Misty

Stephenie S
08-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Very nice shoes, dear.

Adrienne Heels
08-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Jodi, you must have had such a laugh over that woman! I don't think people usually notice anything when shopping as they are so wrapped up in their own lives...you must have just been seen by the rare exception. So happy that the teenagers were accepting too...aren't they usually critical?

Both pairs of shoes are very pretty....tempting me to go out and buy the pair at Baker's as I have seen them there. But the brown ones look great too. However, Macy's and Bakers here only carry up to size 10 and that doesn't necessarily work for me (usually 10 1/2...11 in pointy toes)

KewTnCurvy GG
08-13-2006, 11:51 PM
She was jealous they had your size and not hers!
She also prolly hasn't gotten laid properly in years!
Kew

Jenna1561
08-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Kew sweetie, as always you are right on target. LOL

Jodi, I'm happy you had such fun and I really like the Jessica Simpson's, but that is just too much heel for me.

Love,

Jenna

gwenrob43
08-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Way to go, Jodi! That's the best story I've heard today. Keep up the good
work.

Hugs,

Gwen

GG Vanya
08-14-2006, 12:15 AM
LOL, you should have walked over and whispered:

Honey, I'm really shopping for your husband~oh? you didn't know...oopsie! :D

And yep Kew, it'd probably take the jaws of life to pry her knees apart. :devil:

KewTnCurvy GG
08-14-2006, 12:24 AM
And yep Kew, it'd probably take the jaws of life to pry her knees apart. :devil:

:p:p:p
Kew

Jesse69
08-14-2006, 06:40 AM
I never had the courage to buy shoes new. Mine are all used thrift store buys that I sneaked trying on myself. I have about 10 shoes.

Girly Sara
08-14-2006, 07:24 AM
Jodi,

Well done in going about your business as you wish to. Really pleased you were able to act normally and gain a positive response from the tennage girls. Good for you, girl! I love shopping stories like this and looking forward to doing the same on my week off work this week (won't be enfemme though)

Take care and have fun, Jodi!

Sara xxxx

Emma England
08-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Wow!! What a story! :D

I guess asking how your shoes look may stump a few people.

She was probably jealous that you had nice legs to go with the shoes. :tongueout

I have yet to but femme shoes myself.
Nearly did on Thursday, buy the £70 price tag was a bit much.

allisonrn06
08-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Neat story and i love the shoes!

Charleen
08-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Great story! And I'll bet that our lovely GGs are right!!! What would be a hoot is when she told her hubby, he was sitting there wearing panties under his slacks!:lol: :lol2: Can you imagine her reaction to that? :confused2: :eek: :cry: :bonk: Love and xxxx, Lily BTW, Love the shoes!

Marg Lindenwald
08-14-2006, 12:01 PM
If any one is interested, go on line to Newport News .com. They have fabulous selection in shoes and some of the most uptodate clothes you will love. Try it you'll like it.
Marg Lindenwald

Karren H
08-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Hehehe. Great line Jodi! Have to borrow it some time. I get a lot of stares when trying on shoes too, in my business suit! Usually at the Value City in Pleasant Hills. Nice selection and great prices..

Your lucky you still have a Kaughmans. They closed the one at South Hills Village down!! Loved both their male and female clothing!! <Sigh>. I hate Macy's!!

Love Karren

Jodi
08-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Karren, You are not that far out of Greensburg. Get your young tail to Kaufmanns and shop, shop, shop. The ladies in the shoe dept are great to deal with. I have shopped with them for about 6 years. They look forward to me coming in, and they expect me to try on.

Jodi

Jasmine Ellis
08-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Can I have them please

SherriePall
08-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Jodi -- The shoes are to-die-for and the story was great. We still have our Kaufmann's, but the name is on plastic hanging outside. I bet Macy's is lurking beneath. I have shopped there for lingerie items near Halloween, but I haven't had the nerve to try on shoes there drab.

crusadergirl
08-14-2006, 03:25 PM
I've had the same thing happen to me. Some ladie at one the stores i shop at always stares at me when i look at femm clothes i notice her staring at me evertime i go in there. Shes about 60 or 70 years old.
I was shopping the other day and i was buying lipstick and there were alot of
really young girls around me and they never noticed what i was doing plus it don't bother me if ppl stare anymore it did at first i was really scared.

gennee
08-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Great looking shoes, Jodi.

Gennee

:thumbsup:

DeniseNJ
08-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Not to hijack your thread Jodi but I have a crazy shoe story too. It was about 4 years ago and I went to the local beauty supply to buy a new wig. The young black girl even helped me try on some and gave her opinions NOW I was dressed male.. After buying some make-up and a wig I headed over to Payless. I take a womens size 12, how I envy you ladies that wear a size 9 well I was wearing hose onder my pants and my toes were polished a berry red. I found these nice classy dress sandles with a ankle strap ... Mind you I was a little scared to try on the shoes but the girl inside me said YOU CAN DO IT:thumbsup: It was so erotic seeing my polished toes through the sheer suntan hose. I remember standing there in those pretty black felt 31/2" heels looking down and doing some feet poseing . I look up and this <> say 11 year old girl is stareing at me with her jaw wide open. I started to do a little sexy strut as I walked towards her to turn around. This girl never said a word and stared so intensely. as I turn around there is another woman looking down at my heels with a smirk on her face. now I am nerveous and want to get out of there. as I am taking off the heels to put them in the box the lady says , they look nice on you, you have pretty feet. I wanted to keep them on and just pay for them and walk out but sanity set in.. At first I was in shock and didn't know what to say so I joked and said , I hope the girls don't get jealous at the halloween party. What a rush it was the first time trying on heels in public. I think if it was JULY I would have never done that!!!

DeniseNY
08-14-2006, 11:51 PM
After listening to all these stories, I may finally get up the nerve to buy some shoes and try them on. I have always just bought them and hoped for the best.

Jodi
08-15-2006, 01:58 PM
After listening to all these stories, I may finally get up the nerve to buy some shoes and try them on. I have always just bought them and hoped for the best.

Denise, Most of the fun is sitting there trying the shoes on. Also, why go through the hassle of finding out the shoe is not the proper fit and having to bring it back.

Jodi

Nyx
08-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Totallly sandalous!....Er... Scandalous ;)

Adrienne Heels
08-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Jodi is SO right! It is so much fun to be sitting there in drab and having several pairs of heels to try on ....especially if there are GG's shopping there too