PDA

View Full Version : More acceptance by my wife

CDVeronica2
08-13-2006, 08:36 PM
My wife has been trying very hard to be accepting of my dressing. She has known about it for over 20 years, but for most of that time I did it almost exclusively when she was not home. In the last 2 years I have wanted to spend more time dressed and have added considerably to my wardrobe. I've been wearing panties 24/7 for about the last year and wear almost exclusively women's shorts and jeans. I only have a couple of pairs of men's for times when we will be around a number of people we know for extended periods. I also have some women's sweaters I have worn out to shop or to dinner. She's generally been OK so long as the clothing looked pretty much like men's clothes.

I've had a mustache for our entire married life and my wife really loves it. I've told her a number of times I'd like to shave it and she's always said "it's your face, do whatever you want" but I know she'd like me to keep it. Last night I finally worked up the courage to ask her the big questions:

1. If I shaved off my mustache would she help me learn how to put on makeup? Her answer was "I suppose I could do that." (It was said much more positively than the words look when put in writing)

2. Would she be willing to go on a trip with me to San Francisco or Las Vegas and go out in public with me dressed as a woman? Her answer was "I don't think I could do that". While I was dissappointed with the response, I could tell from the way she said it, that she really wishes she could, but she's not ready yet.

She's come a really long way in acceptance, and continually tells me how much she loves me. I think there is hope for the future on going out in public, but I'm thrilled that she agreed to help with my makeup. I'm going to wait a week or so to finally get rid of the mustache, but I can hardly wait!

Veronica

Olivia
08-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Good for you Veronica! More acceptance is always good news isn't it? It sounds like sure progress is being made by both you and her and I imagine that it will only get better for you both. Further good luck hon! Olivia

rosiegurl
08-13-2006, 09:35 PM
good progresds, hopefully these are the first signs of her opening up

Deanna2
08-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Sounds positive, but perhaps you should ask for only one wish at a time.

CDVeronica2
08-15-2006, 08:59 PM
You are probably right Deanna. I just want so much for her to fully accept Veronica, that sometimes I forget how far she has come in accepting already. Patience is so important when trying to evolve a relationship.

Veronica

Robin Leigh
08-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Would she be willing to go on a trip with me to San Francisco or Las Vegas and go out in public with me dressed as a woman? Her answer was "I don't think I could do that". While I was dissappointed with the response, I could tell from the way she said it, that she really wishes she could, but she's not ready yet.
You can't really blame her: she doesn't even know what Veronica looks like, yet. In fact, neither do you. :)

My intuition tells me you two have Good Times in store for the future.

Robin

Jasmine Ellis
08-16-2006, 08:15 AM
you have waited this long so a little longer won't go a miss.

DonnaT
08-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Sounds promising. Congratulations.

Took my wife 29 years to agree to accompany me out. We started by attending a TG party put on by a local TG support group.

Note that you may have an irritation after shaving, I know I did. Took about a week before is was healed enough to apply makeup over the upper lip.

BethCD
08-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Veronica, That's great!! :D
Go slowly, you just made great progress, let your wife adjust to the changes. You are lucky that she is as accepting as she is. :thumbsup: :happy:

Beth

Kimberly
08-16-2006, 03:48 PM
1. If I shaved off my mustache would she help me learn how to put on makeup? Her answer was "I suppose I could do that." (It was said much more positively than the words look when put in writing)

2. Would she be willing to go on a trip with me to San Francisco or Las Vegas and go out in public with me dressed as a woman? Her answer was "I don't think I could do that". While I was dissappointed with the response, I could tell from the way she said it, that she really wishes she could, but she's not ready yet.
One step at a time!! :rolleyes: