PDA

View Full Version : neat comment

coco8132
08-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Hello all. I just have to share a little scenario that happened today. We had a garage sale this weekend and my Mom and Dad were there too. At one point a gorgeous woman stepped out of her car to come to our sale. My mother blurts out, " God I wish I had a figure like hers" . It took everything in me not to reply "me too" to her comment. I watched this lady's every move and was enraptured by her, she was gorgeous and ultra feminine. In other words, everything I would love to be. On another note the local Walmart will soon have self serve cashouts which could lead me to do some fun shopping without being read as a cd. Anyone ever use these systems?

Carroll
08-13-2006, 09:09 PM
we have those here in the Ithaca Walmart. LOVE IT and use it all the time

Rachel Morley
08-13-2006, 09:19 PM
They've had them at out local Walmart for quite a while now (18 months or so?) and I find them to be very convenient. If I'm en femme and I don't want to hold a conversation with the checker because of my voice, then in this situation, they are the bomb! The only "fly in the ointment" is if you have some sort of problem during scanning and it says "please wait for assistance" :eek:

Lindsay Marie
08-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Ya that usually happens to me I just void the whole transactiion and start over.

rosiegurl
08-13-2006, 09:33 PM
ohh I just love those systems in wal-mart *laughs* expect to have someone stood at the end of the rows watching what people check out on their screen, and the darn things screw up half the time *laughs* meaning the one watching wanders over to help you scan the items.

when they work though, they are great

Amy H.
08-13-2006, 10:32 PM
They're fine when they work. Prone to screwing up but no big deal. I try to do the Wal-Mart thing early on a weekday morning. Evenings, Saturdays and Sunday afternoons are just too busy for lingering browsing in the ladies section and even the self-serve checkouts seem crowded then.

Barb Valentine
08-13-2006, 10:39 PM
I think we all look at woman like that

I love using the self serve checkouts

Trish
08-14-2006, 06:15 AM
I just buy what I want, when I want it. I really don't care what the cashier thinks. My money is green, and that's about all the stores care about anyway.