PDA

View Full Version : Wetsuit

brawearingbimbo
08-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm planning on buying a wetsuit for snorkling in a river. Has anyone had any experience with women's wetsuits? This one looks very nice http://www.americanwave.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=0B25401
I'm hoping to get a little body molding effect also, any thoughts.

Jennifer in CO
08-14-2006, 11:54 AM
once about 15 years ago. It was a girls suit but Im not sure it was made for a girl if you know what I mean. Pretty much looked like her brothers suit. Funny thing was, when I came up out of the water and back onto the boat, I spun around sitting there on the edge and wrung out my hair over the side...the other guy was already on the boat simply said "gez...you do that like a girl"...imagine that...

Jenn

Stephenie S
08-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Unless you have a woman's shape, don't buy a woman's wetsuit. This is a protective garment and needs to fit you properly. You won't get any shaping effect from an woman's wetsuit. It just won't fit right. It will turn out to be a big waste of money.

Good luck,

Steph

wildjasmine
08-14-2006, 12:29 PM
:yt: If you buy a womens wetsuit it will crush your watjamagoolies

brawearingbimbo
08-14-2006, 12:29 PM
But this one looks Sooooo good. I would have to get the XXL size. Oh if I could be a smaller size! I do have 1 piece suits, Speedos and others. They do make swimming in cold water warmer than a male suit, not much covered. I would not have believed it until I wore one in 60 degree water. It does tend to make the nipples stick out and the unwanteds shirnk a lot which is a advantage.

brawearingbimbo
08-14-2006, 12:32 PM
:yt: If you buy a womens wetsuit it will crush your watjamagoolies

Isn't that a good thing.

wildjasmine
08-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Isn't that a good thing.

Well ummm i would have said no plus they are sure to show through

Charleen
08-14-2006, 12:43 PM
To paraphrase another expression, "if the suit fits, wear it"!Love and xxxx, Lily

Joyce1702
08-14-2006, 01:18 PM
I would be concerned about length. Men are generally much longer in the torso than women. For the same reason it's hard to find a one-piece swimsuit that fits well. Most are too short.

Joyce

Janelle Young
08-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I used to dive (gave it up a few years ago) and always wore a farmer John bottom with a long sleeve top, the top went under the crotch and hooked in the front. For me it was important that the wetsuit was comfortable as I tended to have it on for quite a long time. The top may have been taken off after the first dive but the bottoms tended to stay on. I do not think you will get much body molding effect from the wetsuit. That being said if it is comfortable when you wear it then buy it. If you are planning on buying it online I would recommend making sure you can return it if it does not fit.

Jasmine Ellis
08-14-2006, 01:47 PM
never used one just incase a fisherman cought me :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Billie Jean
08-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I've been a dive master since 1988. Most women looked like men in thier wetsuits. Unless its a one piece, then the farmer johns are not likely to cause any problem with the length. Billie Jean

ToyGirl
08-14-2006, 04:13 PM
OK since i looked at the link , this is a spring suit , short arm short leg (and thin rubber probably 2 mm) , so lengths dont really matter. Also note that the company claims there male wetsuits fit females just fine but they have another line with more feminine designs. As far as i could tell this wetsuit is identical in size to its male counterpart , just alot prettier (and it is a very nice looking item i think i want one now).

It wouldn't mould you at all , but the design would certainly make anyone look more feminine.

brawearingbimbo
08-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I've been a dive master since 1988. Most women looked like men in thier wetsuits. Unless its a one piece, then the farmer johns are not likely to cause any problem with the length. Billie Jean

Thats not good, I don't want to look like a man! Thats the whole point of getting this one, it's the prettiest I've found. They say these are made for a hourglass figure. How much does this type of rubber stretch. I don't have a hourglass without my corset.

Billie Jean
08-17-2006, 05:11 PM
As with all things even wet suits have been improved over the years. The only difference between the older suits was color. Now they are alot more frilly. If you don't have the hour glass figure w/o your corset, then wear it underneath. Billie Jean

Stephenie S
08-17-2006, 09:50 PM
There, that's a good idea.