PDA

View Full Version : First pedicure and shoe shopping.

lahr
08-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Since becoming a member here I have read many of your post's and thanks too many of you my self confidence is at an all time high. Last week I made an appointment for a manicure and pedicure several towns over where i'm not known. I was nervous and almost backed out at the last minute but I went through with it. I wore mid calf kinda baggy slacks and 1" heel sandals and on the way in no one paid much attention. I settled for a manicure and nail buff and the complete foot works with metallic pearl nail polish. The nail tech was friendly and very chattie. We had coffee and then a middle aged GG came in and gave me a funny smile but didnt say anything. On the way out I purchased two toe rings and slipped them on. When the GG customer eyes popped the nail tech giggled at her reaction. From there I went to a Pay Less store wearing the same sandals with nude knee highs that showed the metallic polish and toe rings beautifully. On a whim I tried on a pair of cork wedges. I never wear anything but stiletos but the wedges were feminine and very hot. I wore them out of the store and to the car passing about 15 people on the way. Two girls in their teens stared at my shoes and one lady did a double take and I found it all to be exciting and comfortable at the same time. On the way home I drove around for a while and I almost went into a McDonalds but chickened out and used the drive thru. As i'm sitting here posting this my pulse rate is still up. What a rush!.....lahr.

Jasmine Ellis
08-14-2006, 04:27 PM
good for you sounds you had a great day

lahr
08-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Well..uh...er. What can I say? The experience was good for Me anyway.

uknowhoo
08-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Well, good for you! Just as you've vicariously enjoyed reading of others' adventures, many girls are enjoying this thread and are feeling more confident about themselves as well. ;) Thanks for posting! xoxo Tammi